PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'San Remo'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: San Remo

» View all varieties of Tomatoes

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Ferment seeds before storing

Canning

Leaf Type:
Regular Leaf

Positive Cakalmer On Mar 15, 2005, Cakalmer from Peoria, IL wrote:

I grew this tomato from seed the year before last. I loved this tomato! It was huge, tasty, firm. everything great in paste tomato. Last year I had no seeds. I let some of my spontaneous plants from the year before grow and got some San Remo seeds from that and that is what I am using this year for my San Remo's. I have bought numerous other big paste sausage tomatoe seeds from other companies this year ---- though none named San Remo. So I am growing those from seed as well as my own San Remo. If anyone knows where they can get these seeds, I would like to know.

Positive patalano On Mar 14, 2005, patalano from Cortlandt Manor, NY wrote:

This is a really nice tomato. Firm flesh - low water content - high pectin. Makes a fabulous sauce cooked fresh. VG flavor. Defnitely a keeper if you like cooking with fresh tomatoes. Grows very high and abundant yields. Took me a while to find these after one commercial source I knew went out of business, now I am saving seed

Neutral Big_Red On Jan 30, 2005, Big_Red from Bethelridge, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

"Variable shapes from plums, pears and big fat pepper shaped. Dense, seedless flesh."

Peoria, Illinois