Hybrid Tea Rose 'Diana, Princess of Wales'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Diana, Princess of Wales
Additional cultivar information:(PP11482, New Generation Roses Collection, aka Diana, Princess of Wales, JACshaq, Elegant Lady)
Hybridized by Zary

Flower Fragrance:

Slightly Fragrant

Other Details:

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Knoxville, Tennessee

Vancouver, Washington

On Sep 8, 2015, viking_gal from Winchester, MA wrote:

My parents planted this rose in the NJ shore, and loved it: very productive with flowers, and easy to care for. But I noticed when trying to replicate it for my own garden that my parents' rose had converted to a golden-yellow flower. Still with the beautiful fluted shape, and the tall upright long stemmed bush. The rose (with golden flowers) gave them much joy. So now I am trying to figure out the parent-plants, to duplicate that in their memory.

On May 28, 2013, lastdomino from Longmont, CO wrote:

I am really surprised to find this rose to be a Zone 7 rose. I am not positive, but I think I purchased mine circa 2003-05. I live in Longmont, Colorado. (Zone 5 with some Zone 4 situations) This is my favorite rose of all that I have. While I do have her on the south side of my home, I do much less than I should to protect it . . . and it thrives!

This year, we had a snow storm followed by 8*F freeze on May 2. I thought if there was a chance to lose this rose, this would have been the time. The south side snow melted before any protection could be provided. However, this rose is ahead of the pack and will mostly likely bloom first this year of my south 5 roses.

On Dec 1, 2011, Patricia044 from Belleair Bluffs, FL wrote:

I purchased 2 of these plants for myself and my mother. This was back in the 90's when they were first available and shipped from England. The were absolutely breath taking. Very delicate and elegant. When mother and I both sold our homes we chose, unfortunately, to leave them behind for fear they wouldn't make the move. We live in Florida and it was required at that time that a rep from the State come out and check them periodically. I'm now looking to purchase 2 more for us again :)

On Jun 27, 2010, litisk from Gold Canyon, AZ (Zone 8b) wrote:

Gorgeous, gorgeous!! The first year (2009) I had it, it really didn't do much but this year it has exploded with growth and blooms. The blooms are beautiful. At one point, I had about 30 blooms on this plant. You won't be sorry you bought this plant, that's for sure.

On Aug 11, 2007, Angel_D from Quincy, IL (Zone 5b) wrote:

I grew this in a pot for a few years when I lived in Hawaii. Very pretty, but if I remember correctly, it had some fierce thorns - there was no part of the stem I could safely touch with a bare hand. I'd never seen so many thorns on a rose stem!

On Oct 26, 2006, cactus246 from East Nassau, NY wrote:

I'm a princess Di fan and planted this rose a few years ago. I almost lost it one year, but it grew; just yesterday 10/25/06 I cut 2 blooms from it.I live in upstate NY and it gets pretty cold here in the winter.

On May 21, 2005, Gindee77 from Hampton, IL (Zone 5a) wrote:

This is a beautiful rose, but needs some heavy winter protection in zone 5.

On Feb 9, 2003, Vacationland wrote:

A portion of the purchase price for this rose is contributed to Princess Diana's causes. Extremely hardy, disease resistant here in zone 4/5. Prolific blooms, wonderful scent.

On Aug 12, 2001, JSS from Cordova, MD wrote:

Pink/Cream blend blooms.
Sweet fragrance.
35 petals
diameter of bloom- 5 inches average.
REpeat blooms.
Bred in U.S.- 1998.Pointed buds
18-22 inch stems
dark green foliage.
Spectaculer color as is blooms.
the fragrance is classic and sweet.
Appears to be hardy.