PlantFiles: Winter Squash Buttercup
Cucurbita pepo 'Autumn Cup'

Family: Cucurbitaceae (koo-ker-bih-TAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Cucurbita (koo-KER-bih-ta) (Info)
Species: pepo (PEP-oh) (Info)
Cultivar: Autumn Cup

Type:
Buttercup (winter)

91 to 100 days

Mature Skin Color:
Orange

Size:
4 to 6 pounds (2 to 3 kg)

Habit:
Semi-bush

Hybrid

Positive eweed On Jul 3, 2005, eweed from Everson, WA (Zone 8a) wrote:

I have grown Autumn Cup for three years and it has become my favorite winter keeper. This coninues to be a heavy producer of fruits that are orange skinned with orange meat that is stringless,dry, and sweet, so sweet I enjoy it with out sugar. I grow this one every year.. Last year I did notice the plants getting mildew but that was the end of the season and caused no problem. I have not seen it affected by other disease or critters and it needs about 6x6 to grow in. We like its size it is a medium size fruit that stores cut in the fridge for two weeks if wrapped or ziplocked.