Yellow Variegated Windowleaf, Ceriman, Split-leaf Philodendron, Mexican Breadfruit 'Aurea Variegata'

Monstera deliciosa

Family: Araceae (a-RAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Monstera (mon-STER-uh) (Info)
Species: deliciosa (de-lis-ee-OH-suh) (Info)
Cultivar: Aurea Variegata

Wake Forest, North Carolina

Broaddus, Texas

Harlingen, Texas

On Jun 8, 2011, SareyJane from Orange, CA wrote:

I think this is the same plant that I have receently adopted. I don't know much about this kind of plant, but in my opinion, my plant is not looking very healthy. Can anyone provide advice on how to repot this plant? It is currently in a large, shallow, oval pot and the roots are everywhere! It looks like the roots are coming out and above the soil.

If I can figure out how to post a picture of my plant, I will.

Any advice is much appreciated!

On May 26, 2010, LuvMyGreen from Clearwater, FL wrote:

love this plant! they grow beautifully up the trunks of trees here in florida. i have many, one growing up the side of my wall. does best in shade with bright light. full sun will damage it (well the florida sun anyways) and keep it moist. its a tropical plant and tropical plants like water :)
happy gardening!

On Dec 12, 2007, Carrotcarp from Cornwall
United Kingdom wrote:

This is my all-time favorite indoor houseplant, it grows slowly (but easily) to 8 foot in the home. It came as a suprise to me but this plant actually flowers and fruits! although it will not do so unless it is in near perfect conditions (like a hothouse) It should be allowed to dry out between waterings, extreamly tolerent of shade and drought! :D

On May 16, 2005, artcons from Fort Lauderdale, FL (Zone 10b) wrote:

Great looking good sized landscape plant. Shiny green leaves. The plant is supported by roots that continuiously grow out from the trunk and down into the ground. The plants are equally comfortable in full sun, partial sun or shade. Good on flat or hilly land. Due to the canopy of large leaves they are prone to being blown over by strong winds.