PlantFiles: Aeonium
Aeonium 'Kiwi'

Family: Crassulaceae (krass-yoo-LAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Aeonium (ee-OH-nee-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Kiwi
Additional cultivar information: (aka Tricolor, Kiwionium)

Synonym:Aeonium haworthii

By Xenomorf
Thumbnail #6 of Aeonium  by Xenomorf

Thumbnail #7 of Aeonium  by Kelli

Neutral Lilkat On Jul 5, 2013, Lilkat from Lincoln, CA wrote:

The green leaves are falling off. Can't figure out why. Can anyone help?

Positive AwesomeJassim On Oct 14, 2012, AwesomeJassim from Torrance, CA wrote:

Grows very well here in southern California, very near the coast. I have a large one thats about 2.5 feet wide and 2 feet tall that takes 8+ hours full sun and several smaller ones that get anywhere from 2 hours of direct sunlight to full shade. Practically every cut i've taken has rooted. Theres at least 14 little ones all around the garden. I've even stuck them in places that get fairly heavy water and they seem to do well, but the large one (in a container) gets watered very sparsely.

Positive cbellwood On Nov 7, 2010, cbellwood from Central City, KY wrote:

This plant is doing wonderful inside. When I got it the nursery I bought it from said it was going dormant because of the black spots on the leaves. The bottoms leaves shivled and fell off but the top remains and have got about 4 inches across. I have it under daylight fluorscent bulbs so it has turned all green. Does anyone know how much shade to give it to get it back to yellow varigations? I love this plant and so far it has proven to be a wonderful house plant. I know that it doesn't like alot of watering. I have been watering it about every 8-10 days. I will buy some more this Spring. I love them!

Neutral MT_Wallet_Ranch On May 5, 2010, MT_Wallet_Ranch from Sauk Rapids, MN wrote:

Lovely little plant - but doesn't seem to do well for me in the house (MN). Not sure why. Every one I've gotten has dropped its leaves and died within just a few days. I've tried getting them from various sources and putting them in different areas of the house (varying amounts of water/sun/shade/temperature/humidity, etc.) but the end result is the same. Disappointing, frustrating, & not to mention costly! I haven't found a lot of information on their care and would welcome any tips or suggestions on growing these plants in the house.

Positive AnalogDog On Sep 15, 2008, AnalogDog from Mountlake Terrace, WA (Zone 8a) wrote:

Beautiful Aeonium which seems similar in habit and leaves to A. haworthii. But many times more beautiful with rose colored leaf margins. Wow!

Positive palmbob On Mar 7, 2005, palmbob from Acton, CA (Zone 8b) wrote:

Great colored plant with greens, yellows and pink... Morrocan native. This is a cultivar of Aeonium haworthii with slightly larger rosettes and less prolific nature.

Brea, California