Floribunda Rose 'Disneyland Rose'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Disneyland Rose
Additional cultivar information:(PP15114, aka Disneyland Rose, JACmouse, Litl Romeo)
Hybridized by Walden-Zary
Registered or introduced: 2003

Cluster-flowered (incl. Floribunda & Grandiflora)

Orange pink (op)

Resistant to mildew

Resistant to rust

Susceptible to black spot

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Monmouth, Oregon

Conroe, Texas

Locust Dale, Virginia

On May 14, 2014, keferraro from Crown Point, IN wrote:

This rose has been surviving zone 5a, uncovered, including the brutal winter of 13-14. I wouldn't say it is vigorous but it always gets a few blooms, and the colors are extraordinary. It was a gift and now that I see that it is better suited to a warmer clime I may find a new home for it and put in something else. Or maybe not b/c it is still living whereas some of my hardier tea roses really took a hit this past winter and may have to be written off.

On Jun 21, 2010, skayc1 from Fairview, NC wrote:

I found this rose on sale at my local garden center today for $10, It did have a bug problem, and a powdery mildew problem which I'm treating with a neem based product. It has tones of new blooms getting ready to bloom, and I know that with the right care it will shape up!

On Oct 5, 2009, Qortni from Binghamton, NY (Zone 5b) wrote:

I'm not much of a "pinks" person, but this rose is breath-taking, period! The blooms remind me of a tropical sunset. Not only are the colors astoundingly vibrant - you can watch this rose turn colors almost before your eyes. When the buds open they're a peachy-apricot, with a tinge of yellow, then the outsides turn flourescent pink, and the pink starts to "take over" the rest of the bloom until finally the spent bloom fades to a gentile pastel peach-pink.

I'm growing this rose in a big planter in zone 5b, and it has flowered like crazy in partial sun/shade. I keep this beauty right next to my doorway so I can stick my nose in it as I come and go. The smell sweeps me away! This rose is a "must-have" for gardeners who enjoy an eye-catching conversation piece! Grow in a turquo... read more

On Jun 6, 2009, toolbox8 from Moscow, ID wrote:

Owned this rose for 3 years and it has been grown in a container. It has always had wonderful foliage and flower color with many blooms throughout the growing season. Despite its 6b zone rating; it has been left in a unheated/uninsulated storage shed in the container and has came back strong every year. I am in zone 5b with temps typically from 5-20 F at night. I have had 2 other roses die on me through the winter, but this one always survives and looks great! The canes can get leggy after 3 years; it can then be cut back in early spring to promote a bushier and healthier rose. Highly recommend!

On May 11, 2009, cactuspatch from Alamogordo, NM (Zone 7b) wrote:

I love this rose. It blooms and ages in so many different shades that it just glows with beauty in the yard. I also like that it is short, only about 3 feet tall in my yard. Many roses grow very tall and constantly need to be trimmed back. Disneyland just blooms its head off and doesn't require much but water in my perfect for roses climate.

On Aug 14, 2005, repeatbloomer from Peekskill, NY (Zone 6b) wrote:

The official rose of Disneyland, it is multicolored, with shades of apricot, orange, pink, and yellow, all at the same time.