Tomato 'Broad Ripple Currant'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Broad Ripple Currant
Additional cultivar information:(aka Broad Ripple Yellow Currant)
» View all varieties of Tomatoes

Regular Leaf

Gainesville, Florida

Anderson, Indiana

On Jul 31, 2012, juhur7 from Anderson, IN (Zone 6a) wrote:

It is a good plant in the hot conditions of drought with some care.needs some watering to grow and produce,Will be harvesting 30 or so in the next few days with plenty more tomatoes setting. Everyone who has tried them is rather neutral as to the taste as they bite back with a strong after taste.Not bitter like a currant only nothing near sweet.Some of the plants I have not watered are very small and produce a few tomatoes It does better with regular water and care.A good tomato and that is all.
Update got sweeter as plants matured, everyone here ate them quick , Those who enjoy yellow tomatoes would likely enjoy this one

On Jun 3, 2010, betta5 from Gainesville, FL wrote:

I grew 3 of these plants from seed this year. They grew well and were fairly prolific. That said, I do not care for the taste.This variety of yellow is very plain/bland. It isn't my cultural methods as all my plants have been treated the same and some of the other varieties are quite flavorful.

On Mar 28, 2005, Big_Red from Bethelridge, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

This unusual variety was discovered growing in a crack in the street at 56th and College in Indianapolis, IN. Actually a cherry tomato, not a currant variety, this type is prolific, producing literally hundreds of 1/2 in. yellow fruits.