PlantFiles: Passion Flower, Charming Passionflower, Passion Vine, Passionvine
Passiflora helleri

Family: Passifloraceae (pas-ih-flor-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Passiflora (pass-iff-FLOR-uh) (Info)
Species: helleri (HEL-ler-ee) (Info)

Variegated

From seed; winter sow in vented containers, coldframe or unheated greenhouse

Remove fleshy coating on seeds before storing

By Clare_CA
Thumbnail #1 of Passiflora helleri by Clare_CA

By Clare_CA
Thumbnail #2 of Passiflora helleri by Clare_CA

By mgarr
Thumbnail #3 of Passiflora helleri by mgarr

Positive MTVineman On Oct 8, 2010, MTVineman from Helena, MT (Zone 5a) wrote:

I have this Passiflora growing in my dining room window. It's a rather huge window and this vine is taking it over. Trust me, I do NOT mind in the least! I hope it just keeps going and going. I have had this vine for 2 years now and got it as a very small plant. It has not bloomed for me yet but perhaps it is a bit too early for me to expect blooms, plus I read here that it blooms in winter and/or early spring. I will be very excited to see what it does this coming year since winter is approaching. I have to say, this is an easy vine to grow and seems to be quite vigorous if given the conditions it likes. I have a Passiflora coriacea growing right next to it and in it in some cases. The mix of the leaves growing together is quite a sight. I think the flowers resemble each other from the photo's I have seen except of course, the Batwing is not fragrant that I can tell. I love this vine as I do almost all vines ( therefore the reason for my moniker ). I hope it continues to enjoy the window where it's at and hope that it BLOOMS finally! Beautiful vine and I highly recommend it to those who love vines and especially Passiflora.