Definition of mineralCategorized under "General"
Definition as written by NatureWalker:
A naturally occurring, homogeneous inorganic solid substance having a definite chemical composition and characteristic crystalline structure, color, and hardness.
Any of various natural substances, as:
1. An element, such as gold or silver.
2. An organic derivative, such as coal or petroleum.
3. A substance, such as stone, sand, salt, or coal, that is extracted or obtained from the ground or water and used in economic activities.
4. A substance that is neither animal nor vegetable; inorganic matter.
5. An inorganic element, such as calcium, iron, potassium, sodium, or zinc, that is essential to the nutrition of humans, animals, and plants.
6. An ore.
7. A solid homogeneous crystalline chemical element or compound that results from the inorganic processes of nature.
8. Inorganic substances occurring in nature having a definite chemical composition.
Add a definition to this term