Definition of tumidCategorized under "General"
Definition as written by htop:
Swollen, enlarged. Examples of tumidity in botany:
1. The stem was tumid near the bottom due to a larva being inside it
2. Grape tumid galls are caused by larvae of a small fly known as the grape tumid gallmaker.
3. This plant has joints that are tumid.
4. Tumid node bamboo has culm-nodes that are strangely tumid so that the length of each cane is punctuated with exaggerated, angular protrusions.
5. The legumes are long and surrounded by a tumid border.
6. The base of the plant is tumid.
7. The leaf petiole has a large sessile gland near its tumid base.
Add a definition to this term