Definition of stratificationCategorized under "General"
Definition as written by paulgrow:
The act of exposing a seed to a cold period in order to encourage germination
See also stratify
Definition as written by Terry:
Another term for layers of plant or vegetative material.
These layers include:
- litter (fallen leaves and other decaying matter)
- herbaceous (grasses, ferns, flowering plants)
- shrub (persistent woody plants up to 15 feet tall)
- understory (small trees and large shrubs, up to 50 feet tall)
- canopy (large trees up to 100 feet tall)
Add a definition to this term