It's time to read and vote for your favorite article in the 2013 Write-Off Contest! The four finalist's articles are featured in the May 13 newsletter and can be found through this link. Hurry! Voting ends May 18.
Another term for layers of plant or vegetative material.
These layers include:
- litter (fallen leaves and other decaying matter)
- herbaceous (grasses, ferns, flowering plants)
- shrub (persistent woody plants up to 15 feet tall)
- understory (small trees and large shrubs, up to 50 feet tall)
- canopy (large trees up to 100 feet tall)