Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.
From the earliest harbingers of spring to the lilies of summer and the crocuses of fall, nothing adds color to a garden quite like bulbs do. Use this fully illustrated, comprehensive guide to select the best bulbs to create an ever-changing parade of garden color. In it you'll find:
* The best cultivars of beloved hardy bulbs such as tulips and daffodils
* Exciting new tender bulbs to grow for summer color--or in containers
* Lists of bulbs by bloom time to guide your selections and ensure flowers from late winter through fall
* Detailed instructions for propagating bulbs
* Complete information on how to overwinter tender bulbs
* Instructions on forcing bulbs for indoor flowers
For every plant pictured, you'll find complete growing information, including sun, shade, and soil requirements.
A great little book. As a new gardener I had it on the patio with me when I planted my bulbs this fall. It is full of good photos and has a "how to grow" section that I found very helpfull. It details where/when and how deep specific bulbs should be planted.