From the earliest harbingers of spring to the lilies of summer and the crocuses of fall, nothing adds color to a garden quite like bulbs do. Use this fully illustrated, comprehensive guide to select the best bulbs to create an ever-changing parade of garden color. In it you'll find:
* The best cultivars of beloved hardy bulbs such as tulips and daffodils
* Exciting new tender bulbs to grow for summer color--or in containers
* Lists of bulbs by bloom time to guide your selections and ensure flowers from late winter through fall
* Detailed instructions for propagating bulbs
* Complete information on how to overwinter tender bulbs
* Instructions on forcing bulbs for indoor flowers
For every plant pictured, you'll find complete growing information, including sun, shade, and soil requirements.
A great little book. As a new gardener I had it on the patio with me when I planted my bulbs this fall. It is full of good photos and has a "how to grow" section that I found very helpfull. It details where/when and how deep specific bulbs should be planted.