Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.
Do I prune my hydrangea in the fall or do I wait until early spring?
When is it safe to put out tomatoes?
Can I divide iris now?
If you have ever asked yourself questions like these, Month-by-Month Gardening in Florida is for you. Gardening is a journey, not a destination. The day-by-day gardening experiences planting a few onion sets in the first warm afternoon of spring the surprises a purple crocus before the snow has even gone the satisfaction fresh green beans on the dinner table, or tomatoes, bright and red, safely in quart jars these are the things that keep the gardener coming back year after year.
Month-by-Month Gardening in Florida is packed with information that explains what needs to be done and when it needs to be done in the Florida garden. Topics include:
* The most effective planting techniques.
* How and when to prune.
* The best season for fertilizing your lawn.
* The differences between bare-root, container, and balled-and-burlapped plants.
* Eleven plant categories, including Annuals, Bulbs, Herbs, Vegetables, Houseplants, Lawns, Perennials, Roses, Shrubs, and Trees.
* Twelve monthly calendars for each plant category 132 calendars in all! that make is easy to find the proper gardening advice.
Whatever your gardening interests or the time of year, you can take the guesswork and mystery out of gardening. You will become a more satisfied gardener and your garden will show it!
Best book on Florida gardening I have ever seen. This is literally a month by month gardening book for Florida it includes everything you need to know about gardening in Florida. I have had this book for 4 years! Mine is 8X10 and soft cover - I literally use this book at least once a week!