The scoop on 'Rainbow Iris Farms'

Rainbow Iris Farms

3149 Kentucky Avenue
Bedford, Iowa 50833-8039 (United States)

Phone: 712-523-2807

This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company specializes in:

Comments:

Positive iowhen
Iowa City, IA (Zone 5a)
August 1, 2013
This is my second order from them. Their rhizomes look healthy, arrived in great condition, and right on time.
Positive roxie54
Blanchard, OK
August 31, 2008
We ordered several long bearded iris, all arrived labeled so I could color cordinate in my garden.I am so excited for spring so I can watch them bloom.My iris was recieved when they were suppose to.We ordered by phone both times and everyone was so friendly.It was a good experience all around.
Roxanne
Oklahoma
Positive farmerjoy
Galva, IA
September 30, 2007
I chose to order iris from Rainbow Iris Farms partly because of good ratings on this site and because it is located in the same state. The iris arrived when they were scheduled, and looked very healthy. I had ordered 6 and received 2 extras free which also looked very good. Set them out and all have made new growth. It seems to me that they should survive the winter--looking forward to seeing the blooms next spring.
farmerjoy
Neutral pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM (Zone 5a)
July 5, 2006
I have ordered two or three times from Rainbow Iris Farms and have had good experiences on the whole. They are very good about the personal touch -- calling if they don't have something you want, giving you extras if the quality is not up to their usual high standards, but I have to agree with gadget19 about wishing they would let you know earlier when they don't have stock. I ordered very early and on two occasions was called and told just as they began to ship that they didn't have the iris I had ordered. In one case they had not been able to grow it over two years. I bet they knew 2 months ago at a miniumum that they had a crop failure.
On the other hand, I have had good results from their iris and their prices are generally good, so I haven't got much to complain about.
On September 21st, 2006, pajaritomt changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I have had trouble over the years with not getting the rhizomes I ordered. The first times they called and convinced me to order something else. Just recently they substituted something for one I wanted very much with out notifying. If you very much want something, I recommend that you order elsewhere.
On September 21st, 2006, pajaritomt added the following:

Pease ignore previous entry from Sept. 21, 2006. I was wrong about the substitution -- found the one I wanted in the box after all. I was however disappointed in the size of the rhizomes this year and in previous years compared to the size of the rhizomes I received from various other Iris dealers on line.
Positive gadget19
Saint Louis, MO
August 25, 2005
I have ordered from this vendor now for the past two seasons. I am extremely happy with the quailty of the plants they sell, but I wish they had a way to keep the amount of plants they have to sell more up to date. Both years I have had irises sell out that I thought they had in stock, and you don't find out until you receive the irises. But they do include free irises, and there's always next spring. I suggest ordering very early!
Positive judylynn
Winston, OR
August 29, 2004
I ordered very late in the season and didn't expect to be able to purchase the 1 iris I was looking for ( everyone else was out of it). They did have it and sent it right away. Great responses to emails. Iris arrived in excellent shape. Even tho I only ordered 4 iris- I received 2 bonus iris.
Positive gizzmo93
Iowa City, IA (Zone 5a)
August 24, 2004
I ordered 18 iris from Rainbow Iris in early August - they arrived looking great, packed well & the bonuses included were appreciated. They will continue to have my business. Thank you Rainbow Iris!
Positive boobudsmom
Humboldt, IA
February 17, 2004
I first ordered from these folks last summer. Received large, healthy looking rhizomes that were well established by fall and I am anxiously awaiting the blooms of these new varieties. I have already placed another order for delivery in July 2004. I would highly recommend these online merchants.
Positive salgiovanni
June 23, 2003
The iris I received from this company were outstanding. I recommend them to other GDW users.
Positive FL_Gator
Dunnellon, FL (Zone 8b)
January 11, 2002
This is a very nice, but not as widely known Iris nursery. Their service is great, and so are the plants they send. I am very pleased with them, and will order again. I can recommend this Iris source with confidence.

FL_Gator