The scoop on 'Mendocino Heirloom Roses'

Mendocino Heirloom Roses

Mendocino, California 95460 (United States)

Company Comment, posted on November 1, 1998:
Unfortunately my partner dropped out and I now work at raising roses by myself. There is no catalog at this time, but I do put out a very informative list that is free. I love 'my roses', love working with them which is really play, love finding them homes. Our roses are still large, even healthier, own root roses, at least 1 year old.

Comments:

Negative Gallica
July 8, 2003
I ordered from this company when I was 18 yrs. old,
and just getting started to know about mail-order plants.
Ms. Daly was very informative and seemed to be helpful on the phone. I ordered three damask roses from her being: 1.Gloire de Guilan 2.Ispahan and 3.Rosa damascena bifera. I received them in the mail in great condition aside from a few bugs. 2wks- Leaves started to yellow and fall off. I notified Ms. Daly that my plants were dying and she assured me that they would be replaced if they died and so they did (DIE)... I called her, told her about the situation, and she told me they would be replaced, but I had to wait on the shipping according to the weather. So I waited and then called back, only to be blown off by her, and out of a lot of money!!! At 18, that was a lot of money to me. And as a newbie to roses and mail-order plants, having my money stolen from me, ruined my mail-order experience for me. I would never order from this company again, unless an apology were given to me.

Thanks, Carlos (Dallas,TX.)
Positive GayeForren
Charlotte, NC
February 1, 2002
I spoke with Ms. Daly on the phone prior to ordering and she was personable and helpful. Plus the 'Aglaia' rose I ordered arrived extremely large, healthy, with buds on it, and bloomed the next month. I would not hesitate to order from her again.