The scoop on 'Whitney Gardens & Nursery'

Whitney Gardens & Nursery

P.O. Box 170, 306264 Hwy 101
Brinnon, Washington 98320 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-952-2404

Visit Whitney Gardens & Nursery at:

Comments:

Positive Pinxter
Winona, MO
February 21, 2014
2/21/14 I have ordered from Whitney Gardens for at least four years, spring & fall, continuously. Their service is excellent and they pay great attention to detail, from selecting plants to my specifications to packing them very carefully. I have opened boxes of rhododendrons from them that resembled bouquets of flowers - shrubs full of blooms and healthy leaves. I cannot say enough good things about Whitney Gardens, their people, and their plants.
Positive killdawabbit
Christiana, TN (Zone 6b)
November 18, 2010
One of my old reliables. Wonderful plants and superb customer service. They even sent me an azalea before my new credit card was approved (it had been stolen) and let me give them the new number after I had already received the plant.
They are Awesome!
Positive ms1954
katonah, ny
United States
April 12, 2010
I have purchased from Whitney many times by mail order. Their plants always arrive in wonderful health. The prices are much better than I have been able to find elsewhere; unfortunately the cost of shipping from Washington to New York reverses this advantage, but it's still be best deal I can find. I just wish they would put the catalog online, which they have not done yet.
Positive herbalmama
Poulsbo, WA (Zone 8b)
November 4, 2006
I've shopped at Whitney Gardens for nearly 30 years now. It is quite possibly the best source of hard-to-find rhodies in the entire Northwest, including the large-leaved species ones. The grounds are beautiful, with some rhodies that are almost tree-size. They also carry a great selection of Japanese maples and hydrangeas. The service might be a little slow, but if you are patient, it's worth it. It's slow because they are thorough with helping the customers. You can get great bargains on gallon size potted plants if you are willing to wait a couple of years for the show. The organization is good, with the rhodies sorted by color. There is good information for each of the plants re hardiness, size, leaf shape, etc.
Positive kevanrijn
Parkersburg, WV (Zone 6b)
September 10, 2006
I've had numerous transactions with Whitney Gardens and was surprised to see they had no feedback. If you ever get a chance to visit them in person--particularly in April or May when the rhodies and azeleas are at the height of their bloom--do it. The nursery's garden is amazing.

I've gotten rhodies, azeleas, cameillas and hydrangeas from them. Their selection is outstanding. They have varieties and colors I didn't know existed--yellow rhododenron, blue azeleas, lime green hydrangeas.... The catalog is worth every penny when it comes to daydreaming alone.

The plants are healthy--I've had no problem with anything I've gotten from them. If you want something you won't find in every garden on your block, this is a good place to look. The business is a family run operation and provides excellent, personal customer service.