The scoop on 'Western Native Seed'

Western Native Seed

Coaldale, Colorado 81222 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free (price list)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive honeydog
Oklahoma City, OK
September 11, 2012
I wanted to replace my urban Oklahoma City lawn with a prairie, and their website let me select the correct seed blend. Great germination, great mix.
Positive 4cornersgarden
Farmington, NM
March 8, 2010
Lovethemlovethemlovethem! I have ordered from them several times, and have been very pleased. They have a very good selection of seeds, and I have been very impressed with the germination rates--often an issue with desert-adapted seeds. They also provide helpful germination information (scarification, stratification, need light to germinate, etc.)

The only drawback I see is their website. It takes a lot of hopping around from the seed picture to the seed prices to the species information. I realize that this company probably caters primarily to reclamation specialists, etc., who are well familiar with the species they need, but it makes it a confusing site for friends that I want to get enthusiastic about planting native plants. Having all of that information in one spot, including a photo or description, for each species would probably garner them more sales from individuals--small sales, perhaps, but they would add up!
Positive CaptMicha
Brookeville, MD (Zone 7a)
September 20, 2005
This company had some seed that I've been looking for for a long time. I placed an order and it was hard to believe I was getting the seed I was looking for for such low prices (compared to the other places I've located the seed).

Not only are their prices reasonable, but they really give you more than your money's worth. They sent a lot of seed.

My order came promptly.

And the customer service is great, I got an email answering my question the same day I sent it.

I WILL order from these people again.
Positive amandaelizabeth
February 17, 2003
I have received excellent customer service from this company. They were quick to reply to emails and gave my order prompt attention even though it was for only one packet of seed. They have been very helpful and I wouldn't hestitate to recommend them.
Positive Windy
Belleville , IL (Zone 6b)
May 1, 2002
I was looking for the yellow cleome seeds. I did a search and came up with Westernnativeseed.
After looking over the list of things they offered, I ordered several packets of different types of native seed.
The seeds arrived in plastic envelopes and were each marked with the requirements to germinate.
I followed the instructions and had a good germination rate for the seeds ordered.
In the past I have had trouble with other companies germination rates and instructions, so I was very pleased with the Western Native seeds.
I now have a variety growing and would do business with them again in the future.
The prices and quantity per packet was also reasonable.