The scoop on 'Weiss Brothers Perennial Nursery'

Weiss Brothers Perennial Nursery

11690 Colfax Hwy.
Grass Valley, California 95945 (United States)

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark As of July 2006, the URL is no longer working and emails are bouncing. If anyone has a status update on Weiss Brothers Perennial Nursery, please contact the Watchdog editors.

Comments:

Positive Brix315
Penn Valley, CA
February 2, 2009
We live locally,and grow a vast collection of flowering plants as well as a small vineyard.There is absolutely nothing negative that can be said about this company,and they will go out of their way to find a solution,replace a plant,deliver supplies..consult..
I encourage anyone to do business with this company! Sincerely LGS
Neutral dixiedumplin
Riceville, TN
July 27, 2006
I finally got someone to answer the phone this summer and they are no longer doing mail-order. I had very good luck with them a few years ago although the plants were small.
Neutral FMW
Charlotte, NC
February 27, 2005
What happened to them???? I loved their selection and prices but they seem to have dropped off the earth!
Positive dianthusman
Pecos, NM (Zone 5b)
December 3, 2002
What a great bunch of folks! The plants I've ordered from them, albeit smallish, have always been well packed, well rooted, and healthy, and taken off nicely in my garden. I recommend them highly.
Positive barbararoemer
February 1, 2001
I order regularly from Weiss Brothers: although I can't attest to shipping over long distances because I live near the nursery, plants arrive packed superbly and in great condition, indicating that Weiss begins with superior stock and care. Many perennials are available through the catalogue which are not available in their retail nursery, service is friendly and professional, and a delight for locals - no shipping is charged for us! What a way to engender good will.
Positive Jjanicesue
February 1, 2000
I have ordered from many mail-order companies, both wholesale and retail, and I have to say that Weiss Brothers is better than most for variety of cultivars. Just look at the number of penstemons they offer! Each plant I ordered - and there were many - was healthy, grew vigorously, and flowered as promised (i.e., color, and size as indicated in the catalog.) And you can't beat the price.
Positive stevebenard
February 1, 1999
I have been using Weiss Brothers for about four years now. They are always very pleasant when I call. The plants have always arrived in excellent condition--they pack them very carefully. The plants are also the best quality--healthy, vigorous, and growing. I purchase all of my perennials from Weiss Brothers. That's how good they are!
Positive JoanMathew
February 1, 1997
I just wanted to submit some comments about two mail-order nurseries that I used for the first time last fall: Bluestone Perennials and Weiss Brothers Nursery. I was very impressed with the plants I received from both companies, and the folks who answer the phones, took my orders, and answered my questions had very pleasant attitudes and were helpful. I was also impressed with the quick service I got. Both orders arrived in a very short time period and were packed very well in their boxes. I think the prices for items from these nurseries are quite good considering the size and health of the plants. Weiss Brothers has also implemented a pricing scheme so that all plants are one price, period. I like the simplicity of the scheme.
Positive RobinB579
February 1, 1997
I have done business with Weiss Brothers for several years, and I am very pleased with their quality and service. Prices are reasonable, and plants arrive healthy and carefully packed. They actually believe me (probably because they are also in California) when I ask for late delivery in fall and early delivery in spring. Too many eastern companies insist upon delivering the plants when it is in the 100's here i.e. early October and mid to late May).
Positive Csmeyer
August 1, 1996
The prices are very good, so I ordered a fall shipment of perennials from them this year.