The scoop on 'Hosta Patch'

Hosta Patch

23720 Hearthside Drive
Deer Park, Illinois 60010 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: Legal-size SASE

Comments:

Positive Mainiac
Poland, ME
June 6, 2013
Posted on June 29, 2007, updated June 6, 2013
I received my order yesterday in 90+ heat and was a bit worried. But I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it up to find well pack plants looking excellent! Nice well rooted plants! My order was quickly processed and shipped. A wonderful experience. Well priced.
On June 6th, 2013, Mainiac added the following:

Another great order received from The Hosta Patch!!! Great communications.
Positive Kimcoco33
Milwaukee, WI (Zone 5b)
July 22, 2011
First time customer. Ordered supersize hostas, and added a few other non supersize specimens last minute before they shipped out. They were able to add them to my order last minute, and everything shipped without a hitch.

WOW. Wonderful specimens, very happy with my purchase. Nice clumps and ample root system. Well worth the $ for the supersize. The regular size are also decent plants for what you pay.

Business doesn't send shipping (tracking) information, but did ship specifically when I requested.

Positive experience, cordial and professional staff - a must! They care about their customers.

Would definitely give them my business again. I will be placing another order soon. :)
Positive hostanana
Bridgewater, MA
May 5, 2011
My first order from Hosta Patch arrived today, and I am very impressed with the "super" size of the plants ( I ordered 3 from the Supersized list), the great root systems, the excellent packaging, the selection of some harder to find plants, esp. by MA breeders, and the very reasonable prices.
At over 800 hostas, my garden is getting full, but I will definitely look to Hosta Patch for further orders.
A big thumbs up!
Positive Cheryl8
Monroe Township, NJ (Zone 7a)
April 30, 2009
I am a first time customer with this company. The super size hosta I ordered was huge, arrived in perfect condition, packed very well with a large healthy root system. I am very pleased with this company from start to finish and look forward to doing business with them again.
Positive ben773
Waukegan, IL
July 23, 2008
I placed a small order to test this nursery out and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the plants received. Also, this was a summer order and the plant received were in good condition. The nursery also sent a courtesy e-mail to notify me of the shipment. Questions were also answered promptly. I will surely order from this nursery in the future.
Positive zafo
Saint Louis, MO
May 11, 2008
I had a good experience with this company. Some of the minis and small hosta had only 1 or two eyes and a small root system but the large varieties I ordered all were multi-eyed with huge roots. They were very well packaged and were shipped promptly. I would order from them again.
Positive Flintrock
Flint, TX
June 11, 2007
I have received my first order from Hosta Patch. Very nice plants, shipped bareroot, arrived in good condition. Their large selection and the choice of so many super size plants tempeted me to try them. I give them an A+ in customer service. They have an excellent website with tons of good information. Their prices were fair, some a little higher and some a little lower than my most used vendor. All of the shipment has been in the ground for several days and it is hot in Texas. They are happy plants and I am a happy gardener.
Positive intheyard
Grand Rapids, MI
August 28, 2006
Have ordered from Hosta Patch for number of years and is my gold standard to compare other companies. Have always received mature plants in great condition and prompt shipping. With some companies it seems the more expensive the plant the smaller the plant I receive. On my order this year the Corkscrew I received had 5 eyes and was easily a gallon size. Replys to my many questions always answered within 24 hours and the advice and suggestions always excellent.
Positive 2manyhosta
Batavia, IL
August 23, 2006
I have ordered from Hosta Patch quite a few times and have always been happy with the quality of the hostas, as well as the service that I have received. The divisions are good sized and packed well. I will continue to order because I know what I am going to get.
Positive Carolmi
Greenville, MI
June 7, 2006
Just received my second order of the year from Hosta Patch after being extremely pleased with the quality of the first order. As the first was early in the season the plants were not extremely developed, however the size of the root balls were huge compared to the plant size. As of today most of that order look like they were planted last year. The first order was placed before winter ended, so it could not be filled until the plants were coming up. My second order was received less than 36 hours after placing the order!!! The plants are beautiful, as they have had time to mature. Can't ask for anything more.
Positive imluke54
July 29, 2003
Good prices on some hard to find cultivars. I received nice divisions that shipped promptly. No complaints here..
Negative ldanlv
May 29, 2003
Received my order today. Was very disapointed in the hostas. Very Very Very small compare to some of the other places I have order from. Put them in pots too small to put in garden. Some only have a shoot coming out of the roots. Don't think I will order from them again. They were very expense for what I got. Will take 7 years to get a nice size plant
Positive grannymarsh
Marquette, MI (Zone 5a)
July 18, 2002
Order was processed and sent with 2 weeks. Plants were well packaged and in good order. e-mail was answered in a timely manner. I found them through the Garden Web. Will recommend them and reorder from them in the future.