The scoop on 'Nourse Farms Inc.'

Nourse Farms Inc.

Nourse Farms Inc. has 85 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Nourse Farms Inc. is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

41 River Road
South Deerfield, Massachusetts 01373 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive jjedwards1
Victor, NY
October 28, 2014
Great plants, instructions and customer service. I bought 20 raspberry plants this last spring (10 Anne and 10 Heritage). I followed their planting instructions and even with a very late spring all of the plants flourished and even produced a fair amount of berries.

There planting instructions are the best on the web. Be aware that they do all of there shipping on Monday so plan accordingly, I ordered on a Tuesday thinking I would get them in a couple of days but had to wait until the next week to plant them.

I would not buy berry plants from anyone else.
Positive WeezyG
Brainerd, MN
October 5, 2014
Nourse Farms is the only place I'll bother looking for berry plants. They always send beautiful healthy plants that are carefully packaged. Reasonably priced also. Save yourself some time and just order from Nourse Farms.
Positive greenygal65
Greenville, SC
July 17, 2014
Very happy with this company so far. The strawberries came quickly, in good shape and at a good price. I was thrown off at first with the bare root thing but followed the instructions and was reward with great tasting berries this summer. Great selections too!
Positive mmercedes
Houtzdale, PA (Zone 5a)
May 31, 2014
I just have to add more praise for this great company.

I planted 50 Asparagus roots from Nourse last spring. (Jersey Knight and Millennium) I received healthy, hardy roots. I knew it would be a few years of waiting before I could expect to enjoy a harvest but that's okay because we all know that once planted, asparagus will live for decades.

We had winter temps of MINUS 20 degrees this year that killed off many plants... then an extremely late spring, snow in March, and ice on the ground forever. It's been a bizarre spring to date with see-saw temps, March winds in May, some hot days but (still) cold night time temps.

This is only their second season in the ground and already the plants are well over 5 feet tall The spears are tender, succulent, and almost twice as thick as my thumb! Amazing! I have heavy clay soil enriched with mushroom compost and shredded leaves. Because of their massive size, I was able to sneak a few small sample asparagus meals this year already, and the flavor was divine.

I've been thrilled with everything I've received from Nourse so far. The quality and health of their plants will make you happy. I think I it's safe to say that you can buy anything they carry with confidence!

Truly one of the best mail order experiences EVER in my 30+ years of gardening and buying bare-root plants.
Positive apikoros
Albuquerque, NM
May 18, 2014
Excellent stock, excellent information, excellent service. Can't be beat.
Positive bryana
Albany, NY
May 17, 2014
Posted on April 16, 2011, updated May 17, 2014
Ordered 15 raspberry plants - two sets of summer bearing and one autumn bearing and two blueberry bushes. I had to dig extra wide wholes to plant the raspberry because the roots were so large. Good think canes. The blueberries had large roots and good sized tops too. Best place for berry bushes.
On May 17th, 2014, bryana added the following:

I ordered 5 bare root black raspberries and 5 tissue culture black raspberries - all are growing well and the bare roots have already shot up green stalks.
Positive snikpay
Crystal, MN
May 14, 2014
Ordered 500 strawberries. Loved the experience.

Just a fantastic company with great ordering and shipping system plus good prices. A+

Sincerely
Shahram Nikpay
Positive coriaceous
ROSLINDALE, MA
May 13, 2014
Great plants, larger than I expected. Excellent service, fast delivery, reasonable prices. The website is full of useful and accurate information, with good plant descriptions. I especially appreciate that the raspberries have been virus indexed.
Positive Trinacria
Stony Brook, NY
May 4, 2014
A few weeks ago I ordered from Nourse for the first time - 2 orders of strawberries, 25 plants each of varieties "Earliglow" and "L'Amour." I was initially a bit disappointed that shipping would take a week since I was being impatient, but I had heard good things about Nourse, and so far I'm convinced. The prices were very reasonable and the selection was great. I received the plants the same day an earlier email had estimated they'd arrive. The strawberries were packed significantly better than plants I've received from other nurseries, being shrouded by wet shredded paper, and even with my being unable to plant for a couple days, the roots stayed moist. Having been in the ground for some time now they've healthily emerged from dormancy and appear to be vigorous as promised. Will order again from Nourse for sure.
Positive SHELBYCOREALTOR
Fairfield, AL
April 29, 2014
My 1st order of strawberries are doing well. So well that I ordered again but twice as many! Everyone I have spoke with at the company is extremely knowledgeable and nice. My order was processed correctly and quickly. Three days later I was planting strawberries! The shipment included detailed information on how to correctly plant for success. However, the information was emailed to me when the order was processed. That way I had time to throughly read and understand the media and have my bed ready for planting. Their system works! I will not buy strawberries anywhere else!
Positive dchu
San Francisco, CA
April 15, 2014
Posted on March 1, 2014, updated April 15, 2014
WOW!!! I am thrilled with my order from Nourse Farms. I ordered a bundle of 5 'Jaclyn' raspberries, 5 'Taylor' raspberries, and 25 'Mara des Bois' strawberries. The plants had the most robust bareroot systems I've ever seen. In fact (and I know this is a big no-no) I had to trim back the roots on the raspberries because I just wasn't prepared to dig a >2ft deep trench for them. The strawberries started to push out new growth the day after planting, and are already starting to flower. The raspberries are just breaking dormancy and all are looking good. I would definitely order again.
On April 15th, 2014, dchu added the following:

oh! Glad to know. Actually, I heeled in the last few in a shallow horizontal trench because I'd gotten tired of digging. I guess those are the correctly planted ones! They all sprouted, regardless.
Company representative comment on March 24, 2014:
On Mar 24, 2014 9:37 AM, Nourse Farms Inc. responded with:

We appreciate all of our customers and their great reviews! I just want to gently remind everyone that raspberry roots are planted horitontally in a shallow trench, not vertically.
Nate Nourse

Positive berry1995
February 21, 2014
This is the BEST berry plant company I have dealt with. Their strawberries come packed well and have very good root system. I recommend this company to anyone growing strawberries. A++
Positive HankerB
Jordan, MN
July 19, 2013
We got some raspberry "thinings" from a friend who recommended Nourse Farms. We can't recommend them enough. We will be ordering more - we have 10 acre hobby farm to fill.
Positive littlebunnyfufu
South Sumter, SC
June 14, 2013
I purchased eight varieties of strawberries (400 plants) from Nourse Farm. The order was processed very quickly, and the strawberries arrived on my doorstep in under a week. These were the best strawberry plants I've purchased from anywhere. They were large, well-hydrated, and vigorous. Very few of the plants failed to survive planting. The vast majority had several leaves and started blooming within a week of planting. I will definitely be ordering more from Nourse Farm next year to try other varieties of strawberries.
Positive rugbycrumpet
Sharon, MA (Zone 6a)
May 25, 2013
Purchased 75 strawberry plants. All were healthy and are flowering in my garden now. The package came with great instructions on how to plant and care for them. Excellent company.
Positive Moltolive
Santa Clarita, CA
May 13, 2013
Wonderful customer service beat my expectations. I ordered two strawberry varieties and one raspberry. They all arrived promptly, based exactly on the delivery time I chose, were packed well and very healthy, and had the longest, largest roots I have ever EVER seen by mail order or even from local suppliers. I actually showed them off to fellow gardeners in my neighborhood.

One of the strawberry varieties did not do so well (the other as well as the raspberries are excellent and huge). I contacted Nourse to ask if the cultivar had a special requirements to thrive since I was attempting to troubleshoot what went wrong. To my extreme surprise, my care question was answered quickly AND I was informed they were shipping me out another batch since they guarantee their plants. I was amazed... I never asked for that nor expected it... they just do it. Not only that, but the plants went out in their next shipment via fedex.

I can not begin to express how satisfied I am with the superb quality, timing, exceptional customer service, and really good prices Nourse Farms has. I will always order from them forever now. I can't recommend any company more highly than Nourse.
Positive jjr149
Shiloh, PA
April 19, 2013
Very happy costumer. The roots on the Jewel Raspberry plants could have doubled as a mopping utensil. All plants shipped well with wet roots in plastic bag with shredded newspaper. Large buds already present on Jewel raspberries. Prelude raspberry plants have thick stocks with nice long roots. Reka bluberry plant very healthy but a little bit smaller than expected. Packet of AgriGel shipped for free (this is a neat product). Nourse has the best set of reference materials out there. I am extremely confident I will have success in growing my own berries. Thank you Nourse, keep up the great work!
Positive johnsvmf
Morgantown, WV (Zone 6a)
April 7, 2013
MY BEST EXPERIENCE WITH A MAIL ORDER NURSERY -

Communication = Excellent, Scheduled delivery, notified when plants were shipped, web site provides excellent planting information, Nourse sent a how to plant and care for pamphlet.

Quality of Plants = Excellent
100 Chester Blackberries each with roots over a foot long and buds
7 Goosberries=Excellent
6 Currant=Excellent
6 Elderberry=Excellent
6 Rhubarb (Roots are dried out but I think they're viable)
10 Horseradish=Excellent

Value = Nourse Farms is the real deal. The plants are a great what you get.
Positive AS
(Zone 7a)
March 22, 2013
Outstanding plants and service - by far, the best source of small fruiting plants I've found. I have ordered cane berries from several sources over the years, but I have never received plants like these before. Every one of them had an impressive root system, with lots of feeder roots. Some of those roots were so long I had to re-dig my holes to accommodate them.
Positive w08833
Lebanon, NJ
August 9, 2012
what can I say? Nourse is great.

this year I ordered Albion strawberries and Autumn Britten and Caroline raspberries. the Albion and Autumn Britten are already bearing. the Caroline is a weed! I need to tuck canes under the trellis every day.
Positive Pepper88
Granite Falls, MN
June 27, 2012
I placed a small order of raspberries with Nourse Farms this June before their shipping season ended for the summer. Within 6 days of receiving and planting the bare root plants, several had already leafed out. Within 2 weeks all had leafed out and are growing well. I look forward to ordering from them in the future. Their plants seem really healthy with large root systems.
Positive pollyk
Hannibal, NY (Zone 6a)
June 17, 2012
Posted on June 7, 2011, updated June 17, 2012
Posted on May 18, 2010, updated June 7, 2011
Perfect internet experience.

The ordering process was very easy. I received confirmation immediately. There was an item I forgot to add, and emailed them to ask it be added, and received an email back quickly, and the item was added without problem.

The strawberries and raspberries I received are all large healty plants. In excellent shape.,

Plants were scheduled to ship Fed Ex 5/17, I received an email they had shipped on that date, and received them today 5/18!

Would highly recommend, and definitely will be back (for some asparagus next year).

Polly @ Siberian Iris Gardens
On June 7th, 2011, pollyk added the following:

Just wanted to add to my comment how well the strawberries and raspberries I received from this company are doing.

When I was a kid my father grew Sparkle strawberries. Dad always said they were the very best tasting. I know they're an old, common variety, but they are hard to find around here, even with local growers. Well, my husband tasted his first one today from my order from Nourse, and just raved, and raved about the taste.

All the strawberries have done so well, they are covered with berries, and the raspberries, oh my gosh! Not ripe yet, but just totally heavy with berries.

A big summer thank you to Nourse!
On June 17th, 2012, pollyk added the following:

Wanted to add for 2012. My gosh have the raspberries increased. I hadn't planned on thinning them for a couple of years. I guess I will need to do it soon. They are just covered with berries.

It's going to be a berrylicious year here!
Neutral Pitcom
Avondale, PA (Zone 6b)
June 17, 2012
Posted on May 17, 2011, updated June 17, 2012
Well, I do not think i will be posting anything you have not heard from this company before. I ordered 5 Anne, 5 Jaclyn, 5 Autumn Britten and 5 Joan J raspberry plants. Shipping was great. The bare root plants came in plastic bags which were stuffed with wet shredded paper. Out of the plants the Anne were by far the largest. the root balls were HUGE and the main stem of the plant was thicker than a hot dog. The Joan J and Britten varieties had the smallest roots and the thinnest main stems. A sample pack of Agri-gel which was good for 2 gallons of mix, came in the box. I was very impressed with the size of the roots on many of the plants. I also received 2 extra Anne plants in the order. I would order from Nourse again, as long as everything grows well, which I am sure it will.
On June 17th, 2012, Pitcom changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I was disappointed with the quality of the raspberries i got from Nourse farms this year. I placed a small order for 5 Anne, 5 Caroline and 5 Himbo Top raspberries. After receiving my shipment from Nourse, i was short 1 Himbo Top, they accidentally only sent 4. I called and spoke to a CS rep who was very nice. She agreed to send out the missing cane. When I received the replacement, Nourse had generously sent me 5 new Himbo Top raspberry canes instead of just the one the missed. However, I did not have the room to plant the extra canes Nourse had sent, so i gave then to a friend.

After some time went by, all of the raspberries were producing new growth except for the Himbo Top variety and 1 of the Carolines. I spoke to my friend to see how his canes were doing, and liek mine, none of his grew. I called Nourse, and they asked me to wait for 2 months after planting to make sure the raspberry plants were not alive. By this time, all of the other plants had a minimum of 1 foot of new growth. I called Nourse again to let them know the canes never grew. Instead of the usual excellent customer service, i was instead greeted with a different demeanor. The CS rep stopped just short of accusing me of not telling the truth. She also kept stating that I must have done something wrong or there must be a problem with my soil. After some time on the phone the CS rep offered a refund or replacement plants. I told her that I wanted the plants that i ordered which were the Himbo top. She put me on hold to talk with a manager and they agreed to send out replacements and made sure to tell me that, "this was my last chance", that if they did not grow, then it was my problem.

So i got the replacements. Guess what? 4 of the 5 canes are not growing. Only one has budded along the cut cane they shipped out. There is no new growth coming from any of the roots. The replacement Caroline they sent out is doing great. Obviously there is something wrong with the Himbo Top plants they sent out each time.

You know what Nourse? How about I tell you that, "that was YOUR last chance", to send out healthy living plants. Would that make your company feel good about the relationship it has with it's customers? Perhaps you can see how that would upset one of your customers when one of your representatives says it. Perhaps I should have just taken the refund and moved on. Other than these pesky Himbo Top's, everything else looks fantastic.
Positive balconygardner
New York, NY
May 30, 2012
Posted on April 3, 2012, updated May 30, 2012
I ordered the 'Ben Sarek' black currant, 'Hinnomaki Red' gooseberry, and 'Bluegold' blueberry. They arrived in great condition and only took one day to get here. The plants were super healthy and had large root systems. I had to cancel one part of my order, and the customer service was nice and helpful.
I will definitely order from this company again once I get more room to garden!
On May 30th, 2012, balconygardner added the following:

After two months of growing, the plants they sent me look great! I had one problem with the black currant, but they immediately fixed it with another healthy plant. The customer service is great too. I emailed them, and within the hour I had an email back with all of my questions answered.

I also placed a second order with them since I just moved to a new place with a lot more land. I ordered 10 raspberries, two gooseberries, and two currants. I changed the order at least two times, and they were extremely kind about the whole process. They shipped the plants the day I ordered and I received them the following day.
I definitely recommend this company to all other avid gardeners out there.The customer service is wonderful, the shipping is fast, and more importantly the plants are healthy and ready to grow. Give them a try and you won't be disappointed!
Positive crazybanshee
Clear Spring, MD
May 10, 2012
New customer here, I decided to order from Nourse after seeing all the positive feedback here. I ordered their strawberry collection, blueberry collection, and 25 asparagus crowns. All I can say is wow! I got email confirmation when I ordered, another one a week before shipment (I had delayed shipment due to a cold snap here) another one when it shipped, and a tracking update but before I even looked at that the boxes were at my door! I planted right away. Within 2 days all but 2 of the 75 strawberry plants had sprouted big leaves. Those 2 earliglow look like they're DOA but overall I can't complain. The asparagus have been shooting up ever since and even though I've never planted them before the instructions Nourse sent along with the plants are clear. Not too much yet from the blueberries but I figured they would take longer to show. After all, it's only been a week since I planted! Will update later on but so far I'm impressed.
Positive JMKM1976
Hornell, NY
May 3, 2012
Posted on March 14, 2012, updated May 3, 2012
Posted on December 30, 2011, updated March 14, 2012
Posted on December 30, 2011, updated December 30, 2011
Posted on April 13, 2011, updated December 30, 2011
Posted on April 8, 2011, updated April 13, 2011
I placed my first order with Nourse Farms this year and so far, the expereince has been great. This company is great about communicating what is going on with your order and when your order will ship.

I ordered 10 Caroline raspberry plants and 10 Heritage raspberry plants and simply can not wait to recieve them and begin growing my own berries (as opposed to spending about $4 per cup when it takes 2 cups of berries for every jam recipie I make).
On April 13th, 2011, JMKM1976 added the following:

Raspberries were recieved, soaked in the Agri-gel solutin for 2 hours and planted yesterday. All plants looked to be good-sized and very well rooted. The instructions say it can be 3-4 weeks before they show signs of breaking dormancy, so it will likely be much later that I update on the growth and hardiness of the plants. I am excited, but my children are 100 times more excited about the berry plants as they have gone out to pick wild varieties year after year, the idea of picking berries from their yard is thrilling and I hope that the non-wild varieties will amaze them further by being more prolific producers than wild varieties.
On December 30th, 2011, JMKM1976 added the following:

All 20 raspberry bushes grew very well!!! Both varieties (Caroline and Heritage) yeilded crops this fall. However, there was a very marked difference between the two varieties in terms of berry size and production that I feel can only be attributed to the variety as the soil, light and supports were identical for all the plants.

The heritage set a very small crop of very small berries compared to the Caroline plants. The Caroline plants set a huge crop of almost nickle sized berries.

Between the two varieties, from late September through to late November (it even snowed and did not stop these bushes from setting and ripening more fruit!) I harvested six quaurts of raspberries and... my children, neices and nephews were stopping by the bushes at least once a week to "snack" away ripe berries as well.

So, essentially, the bushes have about paid for themselves already! I got lots of raspberry jam made, some raspberry syrup (for pancakes and such) and some raspberry pie filling (mostly for topping cheesecakes).

I plan to buy more from this company this coming spring... I think more Caroline raspberries, some black berries, strawberry plants (the ones I have are small berried, I want larger berries) and asparagus. I think I saw horseradish and rhubarb, if so, then I'll trust this company to provide these as well.

Superb company!!!!!!!!!!!
On December 30th, 2011, JMKM1976 added the following:

Superb company!!!!!!!!!!!
On March 14th, 2012, JMKM1976 added the following:

So, after my experience with Nourse last year, I anticipated returning all winter long to order again... this time, an order three times as large as my last order:

Raspberries Ordered:

OTHER:
5 Chester Blackberries @ $22.80
25 Jersey Knight Aspargus @ $20.50
5 Horseradish-Roots @ $10.10

I have to say that, thusfar, i am very impressed with Nourse and will continue to return year after year!

On May 3rd, 2012, JMKM1976 added the following:

As expected, Nourse came through with amazing plants! All were planted upon arrival and appear to be doing as magnificently as the last order. I was so certain taht Nourse plants would grow and flourish that some of my order, 10 raspberry and 50 strawberry plants, were given to my little nieces and nephew for Earth Day. I would not have given them plants that I though would struggle or die and cause them to be disappointed by their gardening expereinces. They cheerfully check the growth of their strawberry patch every day and have reported that a couple of their raspberry bushes are "waked up".

Thanks Nourse, for great mail order experiences, great plants that I can be confident in buying and even sharing.
Positive FLAGPHARMER
Kachina Village, AZ
April 11, 2012
Such a great company- I know that my small order is nothing compared to what they normally get, but they were so friendly. Gophers literally ate all my brambles over winter and I didn't find out until the snow melted 2 weeks before my order was supposed to be shipped. Joyce was supper kind and added 40 plants to my existing order, which saved me on shipping and was a blessing. The plants themselves are so health looking with giant root systems, the asparagus was the biggest I have ever bought, thick juicy roots. Very pleased with not only the plant quality, but the friendly prompt customer service, I wish all mail order establishments took a note from there service manual!
Positive lynn0284
Hickam Housing, HI
April 3, 2012
I ordered 25 Purple Passion and 25 New Jersey asparagus from Nourse farm to be delivered in the middle of January. I love how they care how long your plants are in transit and try to limit the time it takes to get to you.
I planted all my asparagus plants and in a couple of days a handful had growth showing. By the 2nd week almost all of the New Jersey had growth.
The Purple passion had around 7 crowns that had no growth. I contacted the company and they were more than willing to help me. They suggested that I wait 1 more week to see if anything would happen. Before I even had the chance to give them a update (that a few more came up but 5 still showed nothing), they had sent a box of replacement asparagus crowns.

I think that this company has great customer service and really care if their customers are happy. I would love to order from this company again.
Positive tomato_chick
Sandy Springs, GA
March 26, 2012
I ordered 15 raspberry and 50 strawberry plants this spring, based on comments I found on this site. I changed my order at least 3 times...adding plants and changing delivery dates due to changing business trips. I always got a quick, kind response, and my order was correct when I received it. I planted the raspberries the morning after my shipment arrived, and the strawberries the next evening. After 2 days, 50 or the 51 strawberries are putting out new leaves. I am very pleased with both the customer service and the quality of plants. I highly recommend Nourse Farms!
Positive Express128
Mansfield, TX
February 17, 2012
Posted on May 11, 2009, updated February 17, 2012
This company will go over and beyond to help their customers. Recently called to order some raspberry plants and they were friendly advising me which one tasted better and would do great in my zone. Decided to go ahead and order some carolines. Can't wait till they arrive. Its not often you find a company like this.
On February 17th, 2012, Express128 added the following:

Placed another order for the new year, items were shipped on the the date requested. Plants arrived dormant and in good shape. Again, great service.
Positive catcarr
Bend, OR
December 30, 2011
Ordered 2 varieties raspberries, 2 varieties of strawberries, 2 currant plants and 25 asparagus plants. Arranged for a late ship (end of May) due to an awful, cold spring. The plants arrived in great condition and only one of 50 strawberry plants died. Only had a small harvest due to a late start and poor weather but I was very impressed with the quality of the plants and the excellent planting instructions.
Positive Feste79
MC INDOE FALLS, VT
November 2, 2011
Let me join the chorus and say that this company is wonderful. I've gotten currants, gooseberries, blueberries, and asparagus from Nourse and all are growing and doing wonderfully! I'm planning to get more blueberries and some elderberry plants next spring!
Positive peevel
Jonesboro, AR
September 10, 2011
Posted on April 24, 2011, updated September 10, 2011
I ordered asparagus crowns, and bare root blackberries and raspberries from this company. They gave me useful advice regarding suitable varieties for my clay soil. Communication by email, phone and mail were top notch. The plants arrived on time and in great condition. I am so glad I came across this company. Garden Watchdog is a great service. Thanks.
On September 10th, 2011, peevel added the following:

I contacted them because a couple of berries died, I suspect because of bad weather. They offered to send replacement plants which makes me feel great about their customer service. I will definitely order from them in future and tell everyone to do the same. My Jersey Knight Asparagus has thrived in spite of crazy weather this summer.
Positive nh248
Strafford, NH
July 17, 2011
I have purchased strawberry plants on two separate occasions from this company, and both times I was amazed at how healthy the plants were when they arrived. They immediately began to flourish as soon as I got them into the ground.
They also replied right away by email to answer the questions I had about how many, and what variety I should plant in my area.
Life would be so nice if all companies performed like Nourse Farms. They get the highest rating available from me.
Positive joeyjo
Tridell, UT (Zone 4b)
June 27, 2011
Ordered a bunch of raspberries and strawberries, All came in great shape. Lost a few raspberries but still pleased with how the other plants are doing.
Positive borealrose
East Hardwick, VT
May 10, 2011
Let me add my voice in praise of Nourse Farms. My small order of 50 strawberry plants (they sent a couple of extras) and 1 red currant bush was treated with great care, complete with a shipping notice and FedEx tracking number. Their planting guide should be a standard reference for anyone growing berries/small fruit, and the inclusion of a packet of Agri-gel was a nice touch. The strawberries began leafing out within 48 hours of being planted, and I wish I had taken a picture of the roots on the red currant so everyone could see what the term "well rooted plant" means. I am so happy with Nourse that I'm already planning next years order.
Positive LiveAndLearn
Somerville, MA
May 7, 2011
Thank you so much for being so good! My gooseberry plants I got last year is having some flowers and fruit this year! I am very pleased.
My Currant plants which I got several years before, has been growing and giving fruit every year since I bought them. It is refreshing to find a company that knows what they are doing.

Great job! Thanks again.

I highly highly recommend this company
Positive ALNY
New York, NY
May 1, 2011
I ordered raspberry and gooseberry plants from Nourse Farms. Prompt delivery and the plants were in great condition with a large root ball.

I had a question about how long I could store the plants in the refrigerator before planting so I e-mailed them my question. I got an personal answer within one day.

Great plants and great customer service. You can't ask for anything more. This was my 1st order and will not be my last. I just wish my garden was larger.
Positive SueMc
Bethany, IL
April 14, 2011
Posted on April 29, 2010, updated April 14, 2011
This year's order is my first experience with this company. The are absolutely fabulous! The company reps communicate several times by email after your order is placed. They confirm the order, let you know when the order will be sent and then when it is sent. I added to my order (by phone) before it was sent and received confirmation emails (and mailings) regarding the changes and charges.
The plants arrived looking great (and still do) except two of the three rhubarb roots were inferior to the third (one was not viable for sure). I emailed the company, immediately heard back from them and received my replacement roots very quickly.
This is one of the best companies, nursery or otherwise, that I have ever dealt with and will be ordering from them from here on out! Their customer service should be a model for every other company.
On April 14th, 2011, SueMc added the following:

I'm so happy with Nourse and their great customer service that I had to post another review. The Fedex driver asked me about the company when she dropped off my order just now. I sent her on her way with a Nourse catalog and let her know that I considered Nourse the best company to deal with EVER!
I don't understand why many other companies don't realize that customer service will either make or break them, no matter how good the product. Keep up the good work!
Positive Beekeeper961
Lexington, SC
March 23, 2011
WOW! This place is simply the best. I ordered 10 Heritage Raspberries and 5 Kiowa Blackberries. They have a huge hair ball of roots and they also put a planting booklet along with a sample of Agri-Gel. They went way beyond and above expectations. I will definitely be ordering from you all again. A+++