The scoop on 'Alannah's Greenhouses'

Alannah's Greenhouses

Danville, Washington 99121
(United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

This company is affiliated with Blue Fox Farm

Editor's Comment:
Closed Per a note on their website, Alannah's has discontinued operations.

In February 2005, Alannah was killed in tragic circumstances, leaving her business in disarray. Blue Fox Farm has purchased all the plant stock.

Comments:

Negative spottedthumb
Cambridge City, IN
March 22, 2005
My wife sent a check for $45 to this company for violet leaves, the check was cashed but she received nothing from them. The web page for the company indicates they are out of business. If they could not ship the order it would have been nice if they had refunded the money.
Negative plantmonkey1
July 3, 2004
Ok - the packaging was good but the plants I received were tiny, weak, and bug-infested. They had fungus gnats and mealy bugs which then proceeded to infest my other house plants. Thankfully after much love - the plants are living except for one.I will never order from Alannah's again.
Neutral 1212
Reno, NV
May 9, 2003
I purchased several geranium plants from Alannah's Greenhouses. One of the geranium plants I received was nothing more than an unrooted stem cutting, with no root development at all. Apparently, the grower did not inspect for roots prior to shippping. Two other plants had minimal roots. I believe these plants needed more time to grow before being shipped. Several days have passed and I have yet to hear from Alannah's Greenhouses regarding this order.
On June 22nd, 2003, 1212 added the following:

There is no customer service at Alannah's Greenhouses. After repeated attempts and weeks of waiting, I still do not have a plant with roots, as ordered. I did not receive a "well rooted plant" as advertised, nor does it appear I ever will. The cutting Alannah's Greenhouses sent me has yet to root after all these weeks! This was my second order placed with Alannah's Greenhouses and I will not be placing orders in the future.
On July 5th, 2003, 1212 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

After weeks of waiting, I finally heard from Alannah's Greenhouses. I was given a refund for the unrooted cutting I'd received.
Positive ecobioangie
Mableton, GA (Zone 7b)
May 7, 2003
I ordered 3 african violets and 4 geraniums. They custom propogate your order so it takes a little while to get things. You have to mail in or call in your order. When they arrived they were small but very healthy and the packaging was superb! VERY happy. Will order again in the future for those must have rare specimens.

p.s. Alannah even called my cell phone on a saturday to let me know they had shipped.