The scoop on 'Mischel's Greenhouse, Ltd.'

Mischel's Greenhouse, Ltd.

11660 Arrowhead Drive
Williamsburg, Michigan 49690 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-830-8447

Comments:

Negative Mluna25
Bayside, NY
May 18, 2014
I have ordered from this company before with great success. However, this year I ordered several plants only to have them arrived with small brown flying insects. At the time I had no idea what they were. I contacted Customer Service and after a week there was absolutely no response. I then called Customer Service, received no apology, and was told that since customer service is not equipped to handle my issue that it would be passed on to a horticulturist. After another week, I still did not receive a response from anyone. Meanwhile, those little brown bugs turned into an aphid colony. I washed all my plants and I was able to control the attack, but now the plants look diseased and are not doing well at all. I called again asking for a refund and am still waiting for it to be applied. It has been a very frustrating and disappointing experience.
If you order from them and encounter a problem, they will not offer any solution and will be very slow to respond to your problem-never mind stand by their 100% satisfaction guarantee. Your going to have to be very persistent to get your plants replaced or refunded.
Positive Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA (Zone 8b)
April 11, 2013
I just received my first order of 6 Sunpatiens plants, which are hard to find in my area. The plants are large and very healthy. Several were already in bloom. The packing was excellent - all plants were secured and there was no loss of dirt. Service from MG was also great. The plants were shipped on schedule and shipping confirmation with tracking was provided. I am extremely pleased and will be ordering more in the future.
Positive flowersrule
Palmerton, PA (Zone 6a)
May 4, 2012
This was my first time ordering from Mischel's but it will not by my last !
The annual flower plants were received right on schedule and arrived safely due to their careful packaging. All the plants are healthy and of an impressive size with blooms on some of them. I will definitely order from Mischel's again !
Positive pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY (Zone 7a)
May 25, 2011
Posted on May 4, 2011, updated May 25, 2011
Posted on May 20, 2005, updated May 4, 2011
Great catalog: not huge but terrific for container gardening, baskets, window boxes or garden. Very nice people with whom to do business. Healthy, nice sized plants. Nothing is root bound. Never a problem with them but if you do encounter a problem they have a money back guarantee. Shipped plants out for 5/20 delivery: perfect for my zone 7a. They do a superior job on packing and marking the box THIS SIDE UP. Now if we could get UPS to read those words it would be even better.
On May 4th, 2006, pirl added the following:

May 5, 2006: order received today and plants are in excellent shape. Packaging even better than last year and UPS man delivered right side up. I'd never want a spring to pass without an order from Mischel's. Many of the plants are in bloom! Price cannot be beat!
On May 4th, 2011, pirl added the following:

Another great order from Mischel's arrived today. They are wonderful, full plants and several are in bloom. Excellent packaging and excellent plants. I couldn't ask for more.

I ordered a few of their "Trio Mix" and they look wonderful!
On May 25th, 2011, pirl added the following:

We've had considerable rain, which has delayed a lot of my planting, including my order from Mischel's. Today I've been creating containers and the plants from Mischel's are in great shape and are not root bound as many others, from other places, are.

My applause to Mischel's for using great draining mixes for their plants.
Positive plantgnome
Coram, NY
May 13, 2009
I received a nice sized order from this company, all were healthy, the soil was moist and the plants were a great size. I will order my annuals from them again in spring. Very happy with this company so far.
Positive scully931
Pittsburgh, PA
May 6, 2008
I received my plants yesterday and they look nice and healthy! Would order again.
Positive bagel_k
Central, NJ (Zone 6b)
May 9, 2007
I ordered from MG this spring because they have a nice selection of double impatiens and good rating. I also ordered several other plants from them (abutilon, verbena and petunia), and I am very pleased with this order. All plants arrived very healthy and much bigger than expected. Shipping was on time, and plants arrived with very little damage. There were few broken leaves and stems, but mostly because plants were too big for the box they were sent in, and also impatiens have very fragile stems. The cost of plants and shipping is very reasonable, and plants look better than the poor little things sold in Lowes and HD this spring ( and selection is actually better). My double impatiens are absolutely cute, especially lavender and white ones. I wish I ordered more plants and I'll definitely order again.
Neutral bestgardener
Cincinnati, OH
February 9, 2007
I ordered plants from them a few years back. For the cost, and selection I think you could do just as well at a local reputable garden center. I wasn't disappointed with the plants but they don't have a great selection, and I am disappointed that they describe several of their plants just by name and color and not by variety.
Negative pickledog
Albuquerque, NM (Zone 7a)
February 8, 2007
I ordered 24 plants from Mischel's Greenhouse on January 8th. They just phoned me today, more than a month later, to inform me that they do not have 18 of those plants...15 of them because they're no longer growing them. Needless to say, the only other place I can still find these particular plants are already sold out. When I asked the Mischel's caller why she waited so long to let me know, she was rather curt in saying I wouldn't have received them until March anyway. She clearly didn't understand or care that, had I been told a month ago, I still could have ordered from another company. I will never deal with Mischel's Greenhouse again.
Positive anne1
Malvern, PA
June 8, 2006
I ordered lantana back in April, which did not arrive. When I contacted Mischel's via email, they told me that for some reason the order was sent back. They immediately shipped out new plants, which are as nice as if I bought them from my favorite nursery here in town. I thought the plants and shipping were very reasonably priced. Lantana is hard to come by around here and I will definitely order from Mischel's again.
Neutral SharMac
Creve Coeur, IL
May 23, 2006
Have ordered from this company before with great success. However, this year I ordered a large order several months ago and requested it be delivered the first week of May as per their instructions. It is now May 23, I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow and still no plants and no communication. I have emailed them 4 times without a response. Today I called Customer Service, received no apology, was told plants are somewhere in transit and they did not know when I would receive them. It has been very frustrating and disappointing.
If they do not arrive yet today, it will be too late. They did not offer any solution. SharMac from Illinois
Positive VickiLizz
Claypool, AZ
May 11, 2006
I was thrilled to open the box just delivered and discover the most colorful healty plants I have seen in a long time. I have been lucky enough this year to have all of my plant orders arrive in good shape, but these were definately the best. The proof is in the pudding when we see how they will stand up to our Arizona summer. Thanks for fine service and product.
Positive victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY (Zone 6b)
June 29, 2005
Been ordering from Mischel's for about five years and have been quite happy overall. Occasionally, some plants arrived in bad shape - usually because of poor handling en route - and they were replaced or refunded without question. I am happy to see they continue to add to their choices. I use them for my window boxes, hanging baskets and containers every year. The people are very nice to deal with and make the experience very enjoyable.
Negative SWard
Silver Spring, MD
June 13, 2005
I was very excited to find such a good selection of annuals late in the season and gleefully placed an order on June 6th. I received an email confirmation immediately. Given that the shipping dates listed on the website indicate I should've received my order by then, I emailed on Friday. WIth no response, I emailed again this morning. Again no response, so I called. They did answer the phone immediately and stated that shipping had closed down the previous week, no one was there last week, and I wouldn't be receiving my order. She stated that she'd "check into" the website issue, but didn't give so much as an, "Oops, sorry for the trouble." I find it pretty reprehensible that they didn't even let me know there was an issue until I repeatedly tried to contact them. From other feedback, it's obvious that they have good products. My advice would be to watch out if you have issue, because their customer service skills are obviously lacking. For my part, I'm stuck with a big hole in the garden that I may've been able to fill last week but it's now officially too late in the season to find anything local. Rest assured I'll never try Mischel's again!
Positive laney133
Plymouth, MA
May 26, 2005
Beautiful million bells....even with shipping they were cheaper than my local nurseries...and bigger too. I will definitely buy from them again.
Positive meere
Chicago, IL
June 20, 2004
I ordered quite a few different annuals for a friend and myself for the first time. They are all growing nicely. I was impressed with the size of their plants. They were very large for mail order annuals. One plant was smashed by the shipper and they sent me a very nice letter with a return check for the damaged plant. I'm going to order again next spring for the both of us. I was very pleased with their plants and their service.
Positive rocketdog
February 27, 2004
Having ordered from Michels several of the last few years, I have to say I have never received more personal service than here. They were very informative! On their recommedation I ordered several plants that they said were suited for coastal Zone 8 and was totally satisfied!!!
Needless to say I have reordered almost every year and been totally satisfied. The plants are healthy, in bud and ready to go! Their varieties better any in this area and I always get comments from friends and neighbors.
Positive HotProspects
February 13, 2004
Last spring's order of tender perennials grew magnificently all summer long. The shipment included one wrong variety, which Mischel's quickly replaced. I will order from Mischel's again.
Positive BobGale
Belmont, MA
February 5, 2004
I ordered from these guys last year and was very happy with the size and quality of their plants. The plants were packaged with care and the order was on time. Two thumbs up!

Bob Gale
Positive JoiaRae
(Zone 4b)
May 23, 2003
So far so good.....prompt ordering from the catalog. I wish they'd sent a confirmation for the order but when I called I got a real live person right away! The order is due any day and will let you know......
Positive ingeborg
Irvine, CA
April 2, 2002
The plants arrived in excellent shape, well-developed and expertly packaged. I have already ordered some more!