The scoop on 'New Peony Farm'

New Peony Farm

St Paul, Minnesota 55118 (United States)

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Negative alwood
Woodstock, NY
December 7, 2009
Ordered approximately $150 worth or merchandise. Credit card was immediately charged, but merchandise took over 30 days to be delivered, even though they claimed it all had to go quickly. When the order arrived, 1/2 of it was not there. I sent two or three emails indicating the order was incomplete, and never received a response. I disputed the bill with my credit card company and left it to them to resolve. I would not do business with them again.
Negative jane_stevens9
Wichita, KS
November 17, 2009
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! If you want to order peony roots, go to Cricket Hill Garden or Old House Gardens, you will then get lovely peony roots and excellent service. The shipment arrived today from New Peony Farm - 2 of the roots looked alright.
Henry St. Clair had no eyes--- just root. Luxor was broken and arrived in 2 pieces with an eye on each piece. They were mailed in a box in a plastic bag with minimal packing material. Apparently, the lease had run out on one of their fields ( or some similar story ) and then there were days of rain -- lotsa hard luck, but no product. I am
truly sorry for their bad luck, but there is no excuse for poor communication skills or for shipping substandard products.
Negative kins02
Brooklyn, NY
November 2, 2009
I placed my order for a specific peony (Largo) with New Peony Farm in mid-June. I was billed immediately for it. I emailed the company twice during the next 2 months to determine when the plant would ship. I received no answer. In September I emailed again. I received an answer saying the email hadn't been working -- not working for 3 months??? I was told the plant would ship the week after Sept. 26. The plant never arrived. I emailed again, no answer. At the end of October I contacted my credit card company to file a dispute with this company and have been credited for this transaction. This was a terrible experience with this company and a disappointment not to receive the desired peony.
Negative libbyjones
Oshkosh, WI
December 10, 2007
I ordered 2 peony roots on Sept 28. I contacted the company on Oct 26 to ask about my shipment and was told it would be shipped out in 2-3 days. I received nothing. On November 23rd I emailed again to ask about my shipment and heard nothing back. I emailed again today (Dec 10th) and will let you know if I hear anything from them. My credit card was charged on my Sept/Oct statement.
Positive mysterypoodle
Toddville, IA (Zone 5a)
October 15, 2006
I love the traditional long, narrow peony beds that line many farmhouse lanes, and wished to add my own. Unfortunately, peonies are expensive, and I had over 100' of bed to fill! The New Peony Farm came to my rescue, offering a "grab bag" special of 24 divisions for $65. I ordered two back in September using their online system, and received confirmation via email. I knew from the website that they would ship at an appropriate time, and they did, and my credit card was not charged until then. The package very considerately arrived on a Friday in mid-October and I was able to spend Saturday getting the plants all tucked into the new beds. The divisions are very large, with variable number of eyes, but usually 4-5 each. The roots were packed in moist spaghnum moss in a plastic bag and arrived in great condition.

I know not much will probably happen next spring, but I can't wait for spring 2008! Hopefully, there will be a wide mix of pinks, reds and whites and plenty of flowers to take to the cemetery on Memorial day. I also ordered the company's book on peony growing and have a feeling I'll be ordering from them again, once I'm truly hooked!
On April 20th, 2007, mysterypoodle added the following:

Update in April, 2007: Every division that I planted last fall has 4-8 sprouts. 100% growth for 48 plants, which I find impressive, as we had some horrible cold and some heavy late freezes.
Positive tall_pines
Westfield, NY
January 17, 2005
I am a senior who love peonies. My wish is to add to my collection new variety. I order a few times from this company. They are above all better than anyother order I have recieved. The roots are paked very well. I am very satisfied with the service and the beatuiful flowers which growed from the roots.