The scoop on 'Peekskill Nurseries'

Peekskill Nurseries

Shrub Oak, New York 10588 (United States)

Comments:

Positive derickso
Mill Hall, PA
April 6, 2013
We were very pleased with the healthy plants that were delivered, packed in peatmoss and still damp upon arrival to our home. Within in two days we had 200 pachysandra planted and they look incredibly good. They were between 6-8 inches tall and in addition to that height, each plant had a solid root system. I was hesitant to go with an online nursery, but Peekskill truly lived up to the ratings. Thank you for such great plants!
Positive maryannay
Manistee, MI
October 26, 2011
Planted over 1500 pachysandra plants. In one year they are lush and beautiful. Had only two plants not thrive.
Positive dennyboy34
Yonkers, NY
June 14, 2011
Placed multiple orders for Vinca Minor Bowles in Spring 2011. Nice plants, no real issues. Would only suggest they improve order shipment statusing.
Positive mamamichelle
Larned, KS
April 19, 2011
I ordered 60 burgundy periwinkle plants, and was very pleased. The periwinkle was very nicely rooted, healthy growing plants. They were so much nicer plants than the cheapy periwinkle stems that I got from Van Bourgondien. The periwinkle from Peekskill were packed well and were still moist when I took them out of the box. Would definitely order again!
Positive xcugat
Yorktown Heights, NY
July 16, 2010
Excellent plants! I lived pretty near the nursury for most of my life and have gotten plants from them many times. I have worked at nursuries myself for years, and most of the time we deal with Pachysandra grown in flats--Peekskill nursuries does not grow flats and I think this is why these plants are by far the best Pachysandra I have seen. You get a larger, much more heathy plant with a vigorous root system when are grown individually in large planting beds rather than tightly in flats, as most nursuries use--I have gotten them else where online and they are gorwn this way, very wimpy and for more money than from Peekskill Nursuries. Shipped in peat moss and waxed paper, the old fashioned way, excellent customer service.
Positive fleursuz
Hinsdale, IL
April 12, 2006
Great shipment, received today. 100 plants, all healthy.
Positive mrsmudge
Bunker Hill, WV
April 22, 2005
I ordered 200 bareroot pachysandra plants from Peekskill's website to try to stop erosion on a steep slope under a thick cover of oak trees. The response was immediate. I received my oder within the week. The plants I received were much better than any "bareroot" plants I have ever encountered. They were strong, healthy, plants with loads of green leaves and carfully packed roots. Bundles of 50 were wrapped with a heavy waxed water retentive paper rather than shredded newspaper or wood shavings. Every plant was fresh and moist. I would not hesitate to order from Peekskill Nursuries again.
Positive Motley
Bath, NY (Zone 5b)
May 14, 2004
I was nervous about replanting our small front yard with ivy, but Peekskill Nurseries answered my questions and happily agreed to wait until May 1 to send the plants. They arrived on the 6th, in fine shape -- all with old, established leaves and younger, more vulnerable ones; thick root systems; great overall health. Last year at this time it was quite cold, but, of course, it's a veritable heat wave this year. The new leaves wilted a bit, but the plants seem to be toughing it out quite well. I can't wait until they fill in! I would not hesitate to order from this nursery again.