The scoop on 'Valley Grow'

Valley Grow

4463 C-183 South
DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32435 (United States)

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Comments:

Negative jimmypflorida
Brooksville, FL
July 11, 2013
I ordered $70 worth of cuttings or plants from this nursery on February 5, 2013. At the end of February, I sent an email wondering about the status of my order followed by a phone call to Earl. Got excuses about lot of orders and my order would be sent when they caught up. It is now July 11, five months since I placed my order and no plants. In addition, no update on status was sent to me which would have been a nice courtesy. They did, however, take my money. I would either like the plants or a refund and an apology.
Negative Rhapsody616
Long Beach, CA
January 26, 2013
Ordered 3 plants on December 23, 2012. Wrote to them and was told twice they had shipped. They never shipped. Today is January 27, 2013. These were birthday gifts. I was flat lied to... twice!!! I usually do not complain but this was the worst experience I have EVER had buying from any seller in my 30 years of plant collection. If you want to waste your money and time just buy from Valleygrow.com! You are sure to be disappointed.
Negative desertluver99
Mobile, AL (Zone 9a)
April 20, 2011
Order plants in late feb.....didn't receive them until late april...very poor soil in tiny pots with weak yellowish angel trumpet seedling...I just hope they survive
Negative Walleyefever2
Putnam Valley, NY
April 16, 2010
I ordered two varigated brug starter plants from this company. After two weeks i e-mailed them to see what was up with my order. They said that they were busy and they would ship my order the following week. I recieved the order the next week. One of the plants they didn' t have and they sent me a refund for it . The other plant i got looked like they had retieved it from the compost pile! I have never gotten a plant in this condition from any one before.It was an old cutting that was hollow at the top as if part of it had rotted away. And they had the nerve to write on the bag wrapped around the root ball that it was a much larger plant. I will never deal with this company again
Neutral GEC
Boston, MA
September 25, 2009
I wanted to put my two-cents in about how I was treated. I ordered some cuttings from Valley Grow. Granted, they arrived in swift fashion, but I had a problem with some of them. All I wanted was replacements. I even offered to pay for them. Well, I was told that another entire shipment was on its way. That is what I did NOT want. I only wanted to make up for the rotted/smashed few. Well, e-mails went back and forth. We were both very polite to each other, but NEVER did another shipment arrive. I gave up and ordered seeds elsewhere. I will never purchase from this company again. Yes, even though the cuttings that were in good condition are thriving and blooming already. Deceit is not something I tolerate from a so-called business owner. I am glad some of you were treated well.
Positive jedoody
Las Vegas, NV
July 1, 2008
I have ordered twice from Earl, both plants and cuttings, and have been very happy with the fast shipping, great packaging, and, of course, the great plants (Brugs). Green Thumbs Up for this company.
Positive herbalmama
Poulsbo, WA (Zone 8b)
June 29, 2007
About two months ago, I ordered a combo of cuttings and plants - 8 plants and 5 cuttings. They arrived right on time, as the company owner had told me when he would ship. They were packed very well. Every single plant is thriving, even though our WA PNW climate is very different from their start in FL. The cuttings took off fast , grown inside in my garden window in rooting medium, despite a kitten playing with them at first. Thanks very much, Valley Grow! Will be back.
Positive LadibugZ9
Schriever, LA (Zone 9a)
May 22, 2007
I ordered a rooted cutting of Brugmansia "Ecuador Pink" from the online website. They don't take credit cards, but will take payment by personal check, money order or PayPal. I sent a personal check and recieved my package less than a week later via priority mail. The packing was excellent. The cutting was far superior to most plants I have ordered by mail. Very robust, healthy and well-rooted. I would definitely order from this company again.
Negative MollyD1953
Columbia, TN (Zone 7b)
April 29, 2007
I ordered 10 seeds of brugmansia sanguinea which I received at the time I had asked them to be sent. The problem arose in that they were sent in a regular business envelope (instead of a bubble envelope) without anything on the outside letting the post office know they should not be machined cancelled. Two of the seed were broken in half. Another two were chipped on one side. He charged $1. for shipping and used a one regular stamp on a regular envelope. That's a nice profit over time!

Given the small amount of money involved I chose not to notify the company but it has made me decide not to do business with this firm in the future. I am at present soaking the seeds and will have to wait and see if they are able to germinate.

Positive flame263
San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b)
June 27, 2006
I had some concerns about ordering at this time of year so I sent Earl an email asking about it. He assured me that they would make it fine and also sent me a wealth of information about Brugs and how to care for them. My Brugs arrived yesterday, the packaging was great, the Brugs were in awesome condition, and the shipping super fast. I will buy from him again, no question about it.
Positive americanwoman
Redford, MI (Zone 6a)
May 1, 2006
Ordered plants on Friday, shipped on Saturday and received them today (Monday). Fantastic packing and they look as fresh as if I had traveled to Florida and picked them out myself. I ordered two starter plants and if I do everything right I will order from Earl again.
Positive Moonglow
Corte Madera, CA
October 19, 2005
i received healthy starter plants, and of course i messed it up for them. before they were goners, i made amends and took care of my babies - - - just water and fertilizer, of course. what a complete turn-around. they must be from strong stock to begin with!

transaction was a breeze. plants were meticulously packed.

thank you, earl.
On November 11th, 2005, Moonglow added the following:

2 of 3 brugs i ordered bloomed within 9 months. the third one is a herrenhauser garten, so i'm giving it more time. it's cool to wait on that one.

since brug no. 2 just bloomed yesterday, i found out it's not "enchanted double white"! i e-mailed earl, and NOT EVEN 24 HOURS LATER, he e-mailed back stating he'll mail me the correct plant.

now, how awesome is that?

thanks again, earl!
Positive Rubydo
Goodview, VA (Zone 7a)
July 3, 2005
I ordered on line and send a check, my plants came with in a week. I was very surprise they came that fast. I will order again and wasvery happy with the plants.
Positive grakay
Palm Coast, FL (Zone 9a)
June 16, 2005
Received my first order from Valley Grow today, and was very impressed at the meticulous way the Brugs were packed.

I have spoken with Earl on the phone, and he was very patient answering my questions. It is evident he takes a great deal of pride in his work

I will definitely be a repeat customer, and highly recommend Valley Grow!
Positive chunx
San Diego, CA
August 31, 2004
I first found about this place from eBay. I ordered a couple of brugs and they arrived very healthy. I have ordered four more times from Earl and have had excellent results, even from cuttings. This guy knows what he's doing and it shows.
Positive sharon8b
July 5, 2004
My sister and I visited Earl's place today hunting brugs. WOW! This man has more than I've ever seen in one place before. We each bought 14 brugs and Earl made sure that each was labeled and that each was in good condition. An incredible experience. When we left we inadvertently left some of our plants....he caught up with us on the highway to give our plants to us! You should visit, but call first. The plants are awesome and Earl is very nice.
Positive jellyneck
Houston, TX (Zone 9a)
May 8, 2004
I love my plant from this company. My 1 gal brugmansia was in excellent condition. It has been 1 month since I received my order and my plant looks great and is almost ready to bloom. I wish I would have ordered more.
Positive Ramnyc
New York, NY
March 7, 2004
All I can say is "WOW"... anyone who likes Brugmansia's has to check this site. Earl has over 100,000 plants in various stages of growth and his selection of Brugs is stunning. Great prices and shipping policies. I went nuts ordering from them. Cannot wait to actually visit the nursery so I can see the entire collection in full bloom.
Negative petalpusher7
McDonough, GA (Zone 7b)
June 14, 2003
Ordered several plants in late April, which I paid for by check. The order was confirmed right away, but the check wasn't cashed until 6/12. I've sent many e-mails and left phone messages over the past 1-1/2 months and gotten no response. Still no word on when or if the plants will be sent.
Positive poppysue
Westbrook, ME (Zone 5a)
April 19, 2002
Got my first plant order today from valleygrow. Excellent service and Earl is very friendly. Plants arrived in great shape and in record time. I'd certainly would order again.
Positive Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX (Zone 10a)
February 10, 2002
I have ordered seed from this company several times. They were shipped fast, the germination was good.
Positive orionfarms
Linden, VA
January 1, 2002
I ordered three pampas grass, four small gardenias, a camellia, datura seeds, and a brugmansia from Earl. They were shipped quickly and well-packaged, surviving postal mishandling and damage of the box and being mistakenly left on my front porch in freezing temperatures for an entire day. The gardenias and camellia are particularly strong and healthy young plants, and I am very anxious to get them all potted and watch them grow!
Positive DeeinFL
Chipley, FL (Zone 8a)
December 28, 2001
I have gone to visit this guy twice. All of his plants look very healthy. The cuttings and 2 plants that I got from him are doing just fine. Dee
Positive gone2seed
Milton, FL (Zone 8a)
December 27, 2001
I have ordered Brugmansia plants and seed and daylily seed
several times.Service has been excellent with a fast turn
around.Plants were always in good shape and seed germination was very good.