The scoop on 'Jim Duggan Flower Nursery'

Jim Duggan Flower Nursery

638 Seabright Lane
Solana Beach, California 92075 (United States)

Comments:

Positive DaveH
San Francisco, CA (Zone 10a)
July 10, 2009
Jim has a great selection of South African bulbs, many of which are very hard to find elsewhere. The prices are good too. I placed my first order for 5 types of bulbs in June, and received them last week in good condition. There was even a packet of 4 bonus bulbs. All of the bulbs look healthy.

My only complaint is that he seems to be behind the times technologically. On his website you have to print out an order form, fill it in by hand, and actually snail-mail it in. There was no e-mail confirmation of my order, and no packing list included with the order. And since I placed my order at the very beginning of the limited ordering season (June-Sept), there was a delay of about 4 weeks (which I did not know about) before my order was shipped.
Positive Thebabybloomer
Phoenix, AZ
September 6, 2008
Nice selection of African bulbs. Placed an order and had it within the week. Very fresh, good size bulbs and corms. Am planning on ordering again before the season ends.
Positive xpeditions
Camarillo, CA
August 4, 2006
Wonderful seller with an inventory of rare and unusual corms/bulbs that would be very difficult to find anywhere else. I ordered over 20 species and all were healthy and as described. Will order from again.
Positive PAGardener2
Pittsburgh, PA
January 26, 2005
I ordered a selection of new (to me) bulbs this fall. All were healthy and are currently growing. The Ferraria and Lachenalia are both flowering now and are pretty amazing. I would definitely order again. Also the instructions included with the bulbs were very helpful.
Positive PotEmUp
Fremont, CA (Zone 9a)
June 25, 2004
Jim has a really unique set of bulbs that he sells. I just received my first order and they were definitely packaged up with individual care. All of the bulbs were firm and healthy and very specific instructions were included on planting and storing. He has offered me a true challenge with his selection.