The scoop on 'Lazy K Nursery'

Lazy K Nursery

705 Wright Road
Pine Mountain, Georgia 31822 (United States)

Visit Lazy K Nursery at:

Company Comment, posted on August 1, 1997:
We specialize in Native Azaleas of the Eastern U.S., their hybrids and cultivars, and companion native plants.

Comments:

Positive chiggerbait
Cabot, AR
March 19, 2008
Ordered native azaleas. Customer service was very knowledgeable about varieties not suited well for my area.
Received 17 very nice plants, well packed with good root balls.
Positive isabella
Taunton, MA
April 9, 2006
Ordered via fax and my order was promptly confirmed. Spoke to a knowledgable company representative.

Shipping was prompt. Packaging was a box with newspaper cushioning materia and plastic bags for the root balls.

Pricing was in-line with the size of the plants.
Positive evspa
Raleigh, NC
April 8, 2006
I received an order from Lazy K nursery this week and was very pleased with the size and quality of the plants. The order was for 4 Zenobia shrubs and 'Lazy K' ginger which is a larger-leaved cultivar of H. shuttleworthii var. harperi (Calloway ginger). Two years ago I also purchased 7 native azaleas and 1 bottlebrush buckeye from Lazy K and they too were great purchases. All of my plants have arrived healthy with good size root balls (--nothing has ever arrived as "twigs"). Anyone interested in southeast native shrubs, trees, and perennials should really visit their website. The company specializes in native azaleas but has a good list of other woody shrubs. The plant prices are very reasonable (-currently, nothing over $10), as well as the shipping charges. The spring shipping season is over. I think fall shipping starts in October.
Positive birdgardener
Rocky Hill, NJ
May 25, 2005
Nice healthy plants, inexpensive, arrived in excellent shape. Not a huge selection but certainly a good starting place for native azaleas.

Only complaint - they didn't confirm my order or answer followup email query - so the arrival of the box took me by surprise. Guess I could have referred to the credit card bill.
Positive nativegardener
Pine Mountain, GA
October 21, 2004
Garden Delights/Lazy K Nursery has been absolutely FANTASTIC! The selection and quality is beyond compare...and the folks working there really know their plants. I'm a raving fan!
Positive nativedurt
Candler, NC
May 7, 2004
When it comes to native azaleas, mr. coombs is something of an expert. For those of us infatuated with the fragrant and non-fragrant varieties of native azaleas, Lazy K should be visited
Positive 2far2c
Hillsborough, NC (Zone 7b)
October 18, 2003
This is my first order from this company, and will not be my last. The plants look healthy, have good-sized root balls and good top growth for a moderately priced plant. Given the condition of the plants upon receipt, I expect them to flourish.
Positive satxjoe
Conroe, TX
January 18, 2003
I have ordered from this nursery once. The plants I received were moderately priced and in very good conditon. I ordered four native azaleas and felt that ten dollars was an excellent price for each because they had good root sytems and top growth. The plants were properly packaged for mailing and shipping was not too expensive.

Since arriving last fall the plants have done well in containers, and are full of buds--they can't wait for spring. I'll plant them out when it gets a bit warmer. The best part about Lazy K is that you have some idea of where the plants originated. I live in Houston area and wanted southern germplasm, the owner was happy to explain what he had and what he thought might work. I'll order again in a year or two when I do the other side of the yard