The scoop on 'Rock Bottom Farms, Ltd'

Rock Bottom Farms, Ltd

7767 Parkman-Mesopotamia Rd
Middlefield, Ohio 44062 (United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Editor's Comment:
Closed Mr. Ford has recently passed away and the future of the farm is uncertain. The last day of business is Sat, August 22, 2009.

Comments:

Positive RiodeJaneiro
Tryon, NC
August 3, 2010
Victoria Jetton, the daughter of the former owners,Jonathan and Barbara Ford., is please to announce her purchase of Rock Bottom Farms.

The Farm has reopened as of July 24,2010. Please note that there will be a big 20-50% off day lily SALE , August 12,13,14 and 16, 2010. Please call the Farm for details at (440) 693-4126.

Victoria is interested in selling the Daylily operation . Please call the Farm number if you are interested. Thank you, Victoria
Positive mdrealty
Middlefield, OH
May 2, 2010
We are proud to represent the Ford family in the sale of the Rock Bottom Farm. This is a rare and unique opportunity for a master gardener to step right in to an established berry farm and daylily operation.
The farm consists of 59 acres, 2 road frontages,13 acres of blueberries, strawberry fields, 2 irragation ponds, extensive underground irragation syst. numerous outbuildings and pavillions, service driveways, daylily display gardens,
Western Reserve style farm house circa 1813, gas well offers free gas too! contact: Mark Dolezal 440-724-3126
email: mdrealty@winstream.net.
M D Realty, Ltd Middlfield, OH 44062
Positive cinnyjets47
Kent, OH
August 4, 2009
Rock Bottom in Mesopatamia (Bundysburg really) is the best Flower Garden in the World! I have been there atleast 4 to 6 times in the last 2 years and they are great people! I always enjoy my visit. They are personable and always remember me and my dog Tipper!

The day lillies are high quality and they spread nicely, so you have lots of flowers in the following years to come. I always tell all my friends about Rock Bottom! And I always go back there every summer!

My new favorite is the Joey Langdon (deep red) flower! It's awesome!
Positive Tabacum
Mantua, OH (Zone 5a)
July 17, 2009
Rock Bottom Farms is located about a 45 min. drive from
my home. It is staffed by local Amish people who live and
work in their area. I go there every July to pick blueberries
and purchase a few lilies. I have never been disappointed
in blue berry picking areas or their selection of lillies. There are acres of blueberries and lilies. The Amish staff
is very helpful and friendly. One can spend hours walking
up and down the rows of blooming lilies deciding which
ones to purchase. Prices start from $5.00 and go up.
Maryanne, zone 5, Ohio
Positive hoolie
Alexandria, VA
June 20, 2009
My family discovered this gem of a daylily farm several years ago. Since then we have created 3 of our own custom daylily gardens in Ohio. Employees are always helpful with guiding guests about the gardens - which are displayed beautifully. They even have a sort of show bed of daylilies and perennials. My mom and aunt spent an afternoon there painting one summer after our selections were made.
Positive Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA (Zone 5a)
August 22, 2006
I visited Rock Bottom Farms in July '06 and purchased several day lilys from their huge selection. Prices were very fair and I received large healthy specimens which have done extremely well since being transplanted in my garden. Their display gardens are beautiful and if you happen to live close enough to make a day trip, it would be well worth your effort. Rock Bottom is Amish owned and operated and the staff is helpful and knowledgeable. Visit at the height of the day lily season and you have the added bonus of picking your own blueberries from their 40 acre patch.
Positive Wandasflowers
Cedar Rapids, IA (Zone 5a)
August 28, 2003
WOW! Great selection of dayliles at low prices. Wonderful service and large, healthy roots. I will order again from these people!
Positive dkpmyco
November 1, 1999
Generous, healthy fans received. Prompt response to order.