The scoop on 'Native American Seed'

Native American Seed

3791 North US Hwy 377
Junction, Texas 76849 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-728-4043
Fax: 1-800-728-3943

Visit Native American Seed at:

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on March 4, 2011:
Native American Seed works to produce ecological conservancy harvests on Texas’ last great prairies. This local approach plays a valuable role in preserving unique genetic richness and diversity. These seeds are useful in land and wildlife habitat restoration, sustainable grazing and prairie conservation.

This spring we feature two unique "Eco-System in a Bag" mixes from real native prairie remnants. These seeds are from land that has never been plowed, the same grasses walked upon by the people before us.

-posted by Native American Seed's friendly customer care staff, please call us or visit our website for more info!

Comments:

Negative tareed51161
Hughes Springs, TX
May 29, 2014
seed never came up , this is a scam , beware of this bunch , they don't make good the product they sell
Positive sew_texas
Arlington, TX
September 29, 2009
Native American Seed Co ... These folks are great !!!
This summer, I made a huge decision to convert my 1/2 acre suburban lawn to native grasses and wildflowers. Information from the Native American Seed website, as well as some e-mail correspondence with staff, made the project prep much easier and potentially more successful.
I ordered a vast quantity of seed (for 4X seed rate) over a couple of months, as my plan evolved. Each seed order arrived promptly (within a few days) and were very clean and packaged well.
Native American Seed uses only native seeds and does not mix in non-native wildflower species as other wildflower mixes can have in them. BE CAREFUL WHO YOU BUY SEEDS FROM. Even other seed companies in Texas include non-native seeds in their wildflower mixes. Be sure to read species list before you buy.
I rolled in my seed over Labor Day and have germination and green everywhere. I look forward to spring and years to come as my meadow establishes. LOSE THE LAWN; CREATE A MEADOW ! Native American Seed co will always be my choice for seeds !!!
Positive madampolo
Giddings, TX
November 20, 2008
I ordered wildflower seeds from them. The seeds came promptly. I will have to wait for Spring to see if any germinate. I was pleased with this company overall.
On February 19th, 2009, madampolo added the following:

Update: Since my first comment, I ordered grass seeds from them, and they came promptly. I like this company! There are so many other seed sites that when you order from them, you never get them, or get them late and in bad condition. That is NOT the case for Native American Seed. I would like to thank them. Now, please send rain.
Positive organic1
DFW Metroplex, TX (Zone 8a)
April 27, 2008
Kudos! When ordering seeds via mail, Native American Seed Company is the best! The website has very helpful information including great photos, maps, and a link to let you know if the plant is native to the area in which you live.
The seeds from seedsource.com have germination that surpasses those from any other company with which I have ordered. I highly recommend Native American Seed Company!
Positive croakie
North Augusta, SC (Zone 8b)
February 15, 2007
I've ordered from them for several years now and have always been happy with the service, the product and the prices.
Positive dbarron
Hindsville, AR (Zone 6b)
September 25, 2006
I've ordered at least 3-4 times from this company and been quite pleased with the experience and the resulting product. Of particular note, is how friendly the staff is and how quickly the product is shipped.
Positive dmj1218
west Houston, TX (Zone 9a)
August 10, 2006
This is a very progressive company with excellent products--that is native plant seeds for Oklahoma, Texas, and Louisiana. It's been a "well guarded secret" for a long time to a certain group of people in Texas. We want them to stay the same!

Excellent germination rates and prompt professional service. I have ordered seed from them every year for about the last seven years.

It surprises me that they aren't better known on Dave's Gardening site and that's why I decided to post this recommendation.
On August 23rd, 2006, dmj1218 added the following:

I just ordered more seeds on 8/19/2006 and the seeds were here on 8/24/2006. That is very fast service! And the seed amounts are very generous.