The scoop on 'Bloms Bulbs, Inc.'

Bloms Bulbs, Inc.

491-233 Glen Eagle Square
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania 19342 (United States)

Phone: 1-866-788-5477
Fax: 1-866-688-5477

No positives

Comments:

Negative cowgardener
Southport, ME
August 15, 2005
Yeah,
I don't know what to make of this company. We've purchased bulbs from them a number of years and this year we have gotten no responses to phone calls, e-mails & no catalog.
Our experience has been that they're high priced but offered a number of new, rare or unusual varieties. Last year (fall of '04-spring of '05) we ordered two extraordinary black tulips, 'Paul Sherer' & 'Black Swan'. The former was "truely black", like black satin and not deep maroon. We'd love to purchase them again but neither were offered this year and their website had tiny, almost illegible script & wouldn't respond to orders.
Too bad, Maybe they've priced themselves out of existance.
Negative Azurronero
Aalten
Netherlands
July 31, 2005
I ordered Iris bulbs in march 2004 using their website. Received an automatic confirmation instantly. Never get any contact after this email until three months later. They send me an invoice for the bulbs, which I never received. Emails and letters send by me in order to sort out the misunderstanding were never replied. They never tried to contact me personally, but keep sending me invoices instead. It took me until december 2004 to stop them from sending invoices, when I treathened to take legal actions against them. From all the internetsellers of plants and bulbs, they are the worst.
Negative Tommcclean
London
United Kingdom
May 3, 2005
Bloms Bulbs operates in the UK also and my experience is there. As a multi Gold Medal winner at the Chelsea Flower Show over many years I thought they would be a good firm to do business with and so it was over a number of years. Recently the quality of their plants has declined and this year I was unhappy enough to email them as soon as plants arrived to say I felt the quality was unacceptable. Plants representing almost 25% of the order were not viable. I tried to have them honor the warranty they offer. Despite my being a longstanding customer who has spent hundreds of dollars with them they have chosen not to reply to any of my three emails over a period of two months. Buyer beware.