The scoop on 'Plant World'

Plant World

St Marychurch Road
Newton Abbot, TQ12 4SE
(United Kingdom)

Phone: +44 (0) 1803 872939
Fax: +44 (0) 1803 875018

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive lindalana
Skokie, IL
November 3, 2008
Very very positive experience!
Excellent service, selections are amazing, lots of their own introduction seeds, good amount of seed per packet. Fast delivery.
Will order again.
Positive MoogleTree
Coquitlam, BC (Zone 7b)
August 14, 2007
Their website is friendly, their selection is large, and they responded to my email quickly and kindly. After making my order, I received email confirmation which I greatly appreciated. They added interesting bonus seed, as well. The seeds are starting to sprout - how exciting!

Lovely company! I would readily order from them again.
Positive Marilena
Montreal
Canada
November 29, 2006
This is an excellent seed company. I have been purchasing from them for a number of years and the quality, quantity, and variety of seed they offer is second to none.

Wonderful service and superior germination rates.
Positive Audrey
Hadley, PA (Zone 5a)
October 23, 2006
This is the second year I've ordered from Plant World Seeds and I've received prompt service and generous amounts both times. They have a great selection of unusual types of seeds, which are almost guaranteed to be fresh since they grow most of their own. (I was happy that they got their 2007 catalog up so fast too, since some types of seeds do need to be planted soon after they're harvested.) Although I live in the U.S., I receive my order about a week after placing it. That's actually faster than many of the American companies ship! So I'm very pleased.
Positive geoffhandley
Shropshire
United Kingdom
October 20, 2006
Have used them for a numberof years and found the germination rates excellent. Super range of seed, that they produce themselves. Excellent customer service. When my internet order was delayed last year they sent free seeds as an apology. Crafty devils, they kew I would end up ordering those items in the following years.
Positive Martinska
Jurmala
Latvia
February 20, 2006
Excelent company! Very friendly webpage, I have ordered seed from them now for 2 years and I am very satisfied. Good service, quick delivery, and good germination rate. There are a plenty of interesting plants as for the beginners as for those looking for something very specific. I can certainly recomend them!
Positive balvenie
Marysville, WA (Zone 7a)
January 12, 2006
I have ordered from them for three years now and have been very satisfied with delivery and germination. Their new catalog is stunning, selection wonderful and quality excellent. Being able to use a credit card helps greatly in the International exchange of currency.On my first order I used the check written out "not to exceed" etc improperly completed and received personal assistance in how to do it correctly. The free seed packets are always interesting. My favorite seed store.
Positive Vouty
LIGUEIL
France
January 18, 2005
Superb range of unusual and interesting seeds grown in the Plant World gardens in Devon. Excellent service and nice illustrated catalogue. NOT to be confused with the 'other' plantworld in the UK also selling seeds on the web.
Positive Cynthiascat
Catonsville, MD
February 2, 2004
My first year ordering from Plant World in Devon and I can recommend them highly. The seeds arrived (from England) within 5 days of my on-line order. The seeds are freshly collected, and the quantities are generous. Very good selection of unusual seeds and fair prices.
Positive dianthusman
Pecos, NM (Zone 5b)
December 3, 2002
The proprietor is a great guy, and his catalogue is a cottage gardener's delight. Good descriptions, unusual offerings, a must-read for me every year. He takes U.S. credit cards, by the way. One of the big "musts" on my list!
Positive Baa
December 30, 2001
Has a good range of flower seeds available, many are different to the norm. The mixture packets have lots of seeds, all packets seem good value for money.

Germination rates are good too, although I and others I have spoken to have found that the seeds sold as variegated don't have a great percentage of resultant variegated plants. Despite that, this is a seed company I like to deal with.

If you are visiting the Devon area (which is beautiful) the garden is open during part of the year.
Positive JaneHendrix
Breckenridge, CO (Zone 4b)
January 1, 2000
This is a small seed company whose free catalog lists some of the most unusual species and varieties to be found. There are items in thiscatalog that even Chiltern's doesn't carry! I placed my first order with them in January 1999. The order was complete. The "3X" and "10X"specially-priced packets had enough seed to cover my entire 1/2 acre (if I so desired)! Bonus seed was also included. Everything germinated well; many were alpine species which are not the easiest or most reliable seeds to germinate. For overseas customer, the minimum order is 20 British Pounds. You can use your credit card to charge the order and thereby get the best possible exchange rate. Shipping & handling for overseas customers is 1 British Pound…I am very pleased with the results. The prices in U.S. currency are a bit high but when you consider the nonstandard items you will beable to add to your garden for mere change per plant, the value is certainly there. Just about every selection is pictured in color in spite of the catalog's half-sheet size.