The scoop on 'Al's Orchid Greenhouse'

Al's Orchid Greenhouse

204 Masons Ln. S.E.
Leesburg, Virginia 20175 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-878-0600

Comments:

Positive Chantell
Middle of, VA (Zone 7a)
April 11, 2013
I was finally able to get out to Al's place. What a little bit of tropical paradise to have here locally. Wonderful diverse selection of plants! Added bonus was the 10% discount given when the granddaughters found a huge toad that resides in the greenhouse. What fun!!
Positive wildflower8143
Norwalk, CT
April 5, 2006
This is a FANTASTIC company to do business with. This is the second time I have ordered orchids from Al's and both times I received magnificent specimens. Al even held the plants for me until the weather warmed a little, and even went out of his way to look for one in spike.

Al sent the plant with a heater-pack, in an insulated box, and wrapped and packed wonderfully. He has answered my email questions immediately and gave me great advice on care of this particular plant.

I would recommend this company highly to anyone and will do business with them again.
Positive Nell495
Manassas, VA (Zone 6b)
July 21, 2005
This place is a dreamland! I went to get a vanilla vine and came home with 3 more irresistible orchids. Al is immensly helpful and full of great advice! Did you know ferns are topnotch humidifiers?

Worth the 1 1/2 hour drive to get there. I will arrange a garden club tour this fall.
Nell
Positive LynnCanGrowIt
Shenandoah Valley, VA (Zone 6b)
May 17, 2005
A visit to Al's Greenhouse is a visit to an orchid paradise. Not only is this greenhouse filled with orchids to purchase, but there are many mature, prized orchids to enjoy, too. (I even spotted a beautiful large peloric phal!)

Al's orchids are the healthiest orchids available, and the greenhouse is impeccibly clean and well organized. The rural setting is cozy with lovely garden areas around the home. When you visit, you will be greeted politely and given just the right amount of personal attention by Al because he will be helpful in every way.

Be assured that when you will leave this greenhouse you will already know that you will return again....
Positive peachpie
Emmitsburg, MD
February 10, 2005
You can't help loving this place. My husband takes me there at least once a year, near Valentines Day, as we live nearby in Frederick County Maryland. Every year it is more exciting. I don't have any great knowledge of orchids and cannot keep them as I live in a very shady area, but it is still a thrill to spend an hour in Al's greenhouse making my selections. All plants are clean and healthy. Please go there if at all possible. You will never forget it.
Positive Keyring
DC metro, VA (Zone 7b)
October 2, 2004
I've bought from Al through his website and in person. He runs a really clean greenhouse and it's always nice to visit. Recently, I bought some flasks from him and they look great. I also have some phal compots, a few cattleya types, some stanhopea seedlings, and a few other things, and they are all doing very well.
Positive sweetp23
April 2, 2004
I had a wonderful experience with Al's Orchid Greenhouse. I went on his site and chose the perfect orchid for a birthday present. I called Al's and placed my order. He asked pertinent questions as to when the birthday was, etc... and wanted to send the orchid that was in the correct state of budding so that the receiver would enjoy the flowers for the longest period possible. Also, when the birthday girl received her gift, it was packaged meticulously and the orchid was vibrant and healthy. I will certainly be using Al's Orchid Greenhouse for all of my orchid needs in the future!
Positive mcc
February 26, 2003
I have ordered several times and received beautiful, healthy plants every time. My questions are always answered promptly & they've willingly chosen plants to send for gifts - this is my favorite orchid source!
Positive Carter
Houston, TX (Zone 9b)
February 26, 2002
Healthy plants, timely shipping, great service... what more could you ask for? I give him an 'A+'!
Positive orionfarms
Linden, VA
December 31, 2001
Incredibly healthy and beautiful orchids and friendly service. What more could you ask for?