The scoop on 'Steve Ray's Bamboo Gardens'

Steve Ray's Bamboo Gardens

250 Cedar Cliff Road
Springville, Alabama 35146 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: $3

Comments:

Positive triton373
Caldwell, OH (Zone 6a)
July 17, 2014
Great experience. Ordered bamboo in the spring and they are all doing good four months later. Fast shipping & good packaging - all the way to Ohio. Seemed to really want to exceed my expectations. Will purchase from again.
Positive Monkette
June 17, 2003
Highly recommend Steve Ray's. Ordered 3 bamboos, they arrived well-packed, the plants were in great shape, nice size and healthy.
Monkette
Positive Dack
(Zone 7b)
March 6, 2003
Steve Ray is an honest, friendly dealer and goes out of his way to please his customers. After calling to set up a time to meet him, I drove down do his bamboo forests and was treated to a personal tour of all his groves. After viewing his wonderful, full-grown groves, which was like being in the middle of a Chinese rain forest, I selected several cultivars to take home with me. These pre-potted plants were vigorous and extremely healthy, some being almost 10 feet tall in their pots! He expertly wrapped the plants and laid them in my pickup, and tied my tarp down to keep the culms from drying in the wind. Steve truly loves bamboo and it shows in the way he talks about his plants and how he treats fellow bamboo lovers. The plants were well-established in their pots and are still beautiful, planted in my garden. Superb quality plants and top-drawer customer service. Steve also does mail order but I only live 3 hours away so I chose to pick up my plants myself.