The scoop on 'Shady Hill Gardens'

Shady Hill Gardens

42W075 Route 38
Elburn, Illinois 60119 (United States)

Visit Shady Hill Gardens at:

Comments:

Positive figaro52
Oak Lawn, IL (Zone 5a)
May 14, 2009
I just received my first order from Shady Hill Gardens. I ordered the "Fancy-Leaf Collection" which includes the following: Occold Shield, Contrast, Happy Thought, Mrs. Peters, Persian Queen, and Mrs. Pat. I've never seen such beautiful foliage! The plants were very well packaged and did not suffer any broken leaves or displaced soil during shipment. I would certainly order from them again -- but better yet -- I'd like to take the 45-mile drive to visit this nursery in person!

Positive herbalicious_one
Sterling, KS
October 16, 2006
I have been dealing with Shady Hill for over 17 years now. My first experience with them was when I worked at Cook's Geranium Nursery, we shipped plants to them and got shipments from them, I have always found them to be availible, honest, and reliable. Their plants are healthy and well worth the cost.
Positive kbplanting
Yorkville, IL
May 22, 2006
This is a nursery I go to every year. You will be blown away by the variety and quality of their plants. A great stop for everyone who wants something better than their neighbors! This is definitley a place where self-control can be challenged. The staff is friendly and very knowledgeable.
Positive fdr111
Melbourne, FL (Zone 9b)
May 5, 2005
Excellent plants and service. Have bought in person and over the internet. The pelargoniums are incredible.
Positive mzelienka
Coloma, WI
March 10, 2005
I just got very rare geraniums shipped to me. They very excellent quality and the packaging was wonderful. I have never received such health plants threw mail order.
Positive Mneso10
May 12, 2004
In Spring 2003 I shopped in their nursery in Batavia, IL, and it was a delightful experience. A family-run operation, the proprietor was more than willing to tell stories about any plant and variety, where it likes to be planted, how much sun or water it likes, etc. Their selection of geraniums and pergolariums are out of this world, their specialty, but they have many other unique annuals and great ideas for container plants. All plants were incredibly healthy and thriving. I would encourage visiting their nursery if possible.
Neutral sagesue
Wyncote, PA
October 17, 2002
haven't ordered yet, but their catalog is wonderful....small, but wonderful