The scoop on 'Long's Gardens'

Long's Gardens

Boulder, Colorado 80306 (United States)

Visit Long's Gardens at:

Comments:

Positive tomlwaters
Santa Fe, NM
August 5, 2011
I've ordered from them for two years now. They always send large, healthy plants and very generous extras. Good, friendly customer service and communication.
Positive mocatmom
Driftwood, TX (Zone 8b)
July 14, 2011
This is my first foray into irises and my order from Long's is the first one I received. I was very impressed at the quality of the rhizomes and the careful packaging. Everything I ordered was in the shipment without the need for substitutions, and they added numerous wonderful bonuses; one of the bonuses is absolutely gorgeous and may be a star in my new iris bed!

I had the opportunity to speak with a staff member from Long's during the order process and she was very pleasant and helpful.

I will DEFINITELY be ordering from Long's again next year!
Positive mn_gardener_4
Buffalo, MN
July 17, 2010
Last year I ordered some irises from Long's and had to send a letter in the spring after they bloomed and I realized one had been mislabeled.

I expected a plant and an apology, but instead received a box totalling 30 rhizomes, singles, doubles, triples, even a quadruple, along with a very nice note apologizing for the error.

I was completely blown away by their amazing customer service. I'll be ordering from them again!
Positive art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO (Zone 6a)
June 25, 2009
I drove up to Boulder to dig my own irises and found the staff really friendly, the fields REALLY well marked and the rhzs really healthy. Great place! Will for sure be back again.
Neutral peachmcd
Durham, NC
July 6, 2006
Saw the high rating and went to visit the website. All the pages said 'updated 2001'! Tried a google, in case the DG link was out of date, but ended up at that same old site. Hard to know whether any of the info on that page is still good, but it looks like a good company, and recent comments tell me they're still in business. Maybe they'll update soon - I'll check back.
Positive Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ (Zone 9a)
March 30, 2006
I've ordered from them on and off over the years. Wonderful to do business with! Pleasant Experiences! Has some great irises. Sends nice large rhizomes and extras, and would order from them again.
Positive bugmenot
La Grange, IL
February 4, 2006
This is a fabulous company. I go to their gardens in Boulder every year to dig up my own Iris bulbs. The Irises provided are large, healthy and well-suited for the hard clay soils along the Colorado front range. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Well worth the drive to Boulder - the grounds are lovely and digging your own is a blast!