The scoop on 'The Natural Gardening Company'

The Natural Gardening Company

Petaluma, California 94975-0776 (United States)

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and plants and seeds.

Comments:

Positive vetrap
Penhook, VA
January 27, 2014
Had hard to find varieties like Ramapo and Carmello tomato seeds. Recieved order within a week. Good experience.
Positive JoefromOrleans
Orleans, MA
January 16, 2014
Wow, I'm surprised to not see a recent review of this vendor. I am not sure how I found this company but have ordered for a number of seasons.Great service, quality seed with high germination rate. Excellent about responding to questions. Natural Gardening often seems to have varieties that are not found elsewhere. Even though I am on the East Coast deliveries from this California Company are quick.
Positive tammysf
San Rafael, CA (Zone 9b)
May 9, 2009
I am new to gardening and called to get some help deciding what types of plants to order and when to put them in ground. They did a great job advising me of the pros/cons of each type of plant. What had great flavor but poor productions, etc.

I ended up calling 2 more times and always got through to someone very knowledgeable (a male, i think owner). He was always very patient with me and answered my questions.

I placed an order of:

2 arava
1 sage
1 ace pepper
1 chive
and some others i have forgotten and seeds of arugal and spring mix.

they all arrived in perfect condition exactly when they said they would errive. I planted them the next day and they have more than doubled in size in 2 weeks.

they look fantastic.

I am very happy with the service and product and will definitely order next year.
Positive woofie
Chewelah, WA (Zone 5a)
April 9, 2009
I'm very impressed with the service from this company on my first order. They sent my seeds immediately, but held off shipping the seed potatoes I ordered until the weather in my area improved to the point where the potatoes wouldn't be damaged in shipment--we've had extended sub-freezing temperatures here. We exchanged several emails discussing weather conditions and their responses were very prompt (almost instantaneous). I received my seed potatoes today (yea, the weather is finally warming up!) and they appear to be excellent. Also included were detailed, informative growing instructions. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company and will definitely order from them again.
Positive norcalnewbie
San Jose, CA
July 17, 2008
Just received my tomato seedlings today. I ordered 2 Sun Gold, 2 Sweet 100, and 2 Sun Sugar. All arrived in excellent condition (perfectly 8"-10" tall) ready to be planted. When I received the order confirmation e-mail, I responded to let them know I wanted the plants asap (since I know I'm a bit late in the game for planting). They replied promptly with an accommodating yes, and the plants were shipped out the next day. Wonderful service, and great packaging!! Will definitely be buying from them again!!
Positive stellapathic
Cambria, CA (Zone 10a)
June 22, 2008
I ordered heirloom tomatoes and peppers. They arrived in beautiful condition and were much larger plants than expected. These people having their packing and mailing act together. I'm now looking through their site for seeds. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them. Great company.
Positive Chicago_Burbs
North Aurora, IL
February 22, 2007
I ordered tomato seedlings (see below) in 2006. They shipped three days later (via Priority Mail) and arrived in excellent condition. I was very pleased with them and they grew well.

The Copia tomato was by far my favorite tomatoe. Big, beautiful and delicious. I am tempted to only grow these this year!

Huge Fan!

Total: 28.7
Positive winecat
Healdsburg, CA
February 4, 2006
I've ordered from this company for years. The plants are always healthy and good growers. They have lots of heirlooms available.
Positive Food_4_me
July 5, 2003
I purchased some seeds from the company, and they were delivered very quickly. I have had great success with the seeds I purchased, and am very happy. I'd gladly order from them again.
Positive tdwdc
May 22, 2003
Great company! The plants ( I ordered tomato & eggplant) arrived in excellant condition and right when they said they would come. Plants were very stocky and healthy.Very freindly people to deal with. you can order with complete confidence.
Positive Niesers
Seattle, WA (Zone 8a)
April 24, 2003
This is one of the only companies I've found that offered organic strawberry plants. I ordered 10 of them, and they arrived yesterday looking very happy and healthy. The prices seem a little steep, but with the care that goes into the packaging, and the assurance that they're organic I think it's well worth it.

I'll buy from these folks again! :o)
Positive susanxw
March 5, 2002
Since I have moved to strictly organic gardening, companies that not only sell organic products, but provide helpful information as well, are tops on my list. This company delivered my order promptly, and provided good service. I will continue to order from them.