The scoop on 'Cedarthorn Gardens'

Cedarthorn Gardens

1487 E. Cedarthorn Dr
Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: $2 (refundable with 1st order)

Comments:

Positive Greenpeter6
Astoria, NY
May 23, 2013
This is among the very best companies to buy plants from. Although Cedarthorn Gardens specializes in daylillies, other mail order nurseries would be well advised to render their kind of service and ship plants that are as beautiful.
Communication is excellent. An email from Louise asked if a particular ship date was good for me, and the box of plants reached me in Long Island City, NY in perfect shape--well packed with all plants prepared with great care. The plants in my order have now taken off and made new, and very healthy growth. As an aside, Cedarthorn offers a large selection of unnamed seedling crosses. Many of these plants are much more beautiful than registered named varieties sold by others. Cedarthorn Gardens is an oustanding nursery in every way! They are my go-to source for daylillies. I will order from them again and again.
Positive redviolet_0
Texarkana, TX
June 12, 2008
Wow!!!!!! I am very impressed with the size of my daylily fans! They are gigantic!!! They are very fresh & were clearly dug right before shipping. They all have a neat plant marker included that can be used in the garden and it includes a picture of the flower! Louise also included a beautiful calendar. I will be ordering from her again~her careful packing and huge daylily fans indicate to me that she cares greatly about her work & I would highly recommend her!
On June 23rd, 2008, redviolet_0 added the following:

I placed another order with Louise, and once again, I am totally impressed. She is having a 2 for 1 sale right now and it's an excellent way to add to your daylily collection. You won't be disappointed!
Positive lily_bud
Indianapolis, IN (Zone 5b)
May 10, 2008
I just received a huge box of carefully packaged daylilies from Cedarthorn Gardens. They were having a spring 2 for 1 sale, so I indulged and bought 24. The daylilies are good-sized, healthy double fans. They each have a wonderful laminated plastic tag, which has a color picture and all the plant info on it. As a bonus, I received their gorgeous daylily calendar.
Great experience, and I can't wait the see them all in bloom.
Positive birdsnblooms
(Zone 5b)
July 13, 2007
Louise was an absolute JOY to work with; so glad I found their site while browsing the net!
I ordered mostly from their seedling clumps, and the product was great! Can't wait to see the show!
Received 2 of their intros as bonuses, and am VERY happy overall. I will look forward to finding more of their 'cast offs' in the seedling listings, as they are very much equal to (and better!) than what I've seen from even registered cultivars around the 'net!
Thank you for a great experience!
Positive clumboy
September 12, 2006
An excellent experience all around. Louise is very generous with her division size and sends wonderful gift plants too. Her custom labels are "da bomb" as well. The plants are very well rooted and healthy and carefully packed. Her website is easy to navigate, very informative, and she is wonderful to communicate with. I would recommend her business without hesitation. And the great calender she sent has now gone on the "annual must buy" list. Any daylily enthusiast would love it.
Positive Tree_Climber
Brown City, MI (Zone 5a)
May 26, 2006
Well, I just can't say enough good things about Louise and Cedarthorn Gardens.

I have purchased Daylilies from a lot of venders, and I have never been so impressed when I opened an order as I was when I opened my box from Cedarthorn Gardens.

Great Plants, and one of their intros as a bonus!

But the big bonus is all the little things they do to make their business really something special.

A very professional and easy to read invoice.

A sheet with instructions on how to plant and care for your new plants.

A Pretty Catalog.

Fantastic tags for your new plants that you can put out in your garden. So great to have that information handy as your planting.

And if Louise has extra Calendars left over from her sales, you just may be lucky enough to get one of those too. And is it beautiful! Beautiful Photos, and lots of information for both the novice and expert. It would make an absolute spectacular gift for anyone additcted or just getting interested in Daylilies.

I may sound like I have some connection with this business, but I don't. Just one very Happy customer.

Cedarthorn Gardens is what every business should strive for "Excellent".

Kathy

Positive hemlady
Melvindale, MI (Zone 5a)
May 17, 2006
I just received my daylily order and they included two bonuses plus one of their calendars. I am very pleased!!! I would highly recommend them.
Positive ownedbycats
Southern, NH (Zone 5b)
April 21, 2003
I won a couple auctions of the lily auction. Louise was a joy to work with. I was able to add their daylily calendar to my order and the bonus plants were fabulous!

I'm looking forward to completing the Camelot Collection with them this year.