The scoop on 'Lawson's Nursery'

Lawson's Nursery

2730 Yellow Creek Rd
Ball Ground, Georgia 30107-3142 (United States)

Comments:

Positive early_riser
Lawrenceville, GA
January 12, 2005
Great people. Gina and Mr Lawson are the best! I had locked my keys in my truck and (Gina) Mr Lawsons daughter knew just what to do to get a door key made for my truck and went out of her way to see our problem was solved. Within an hour we had a door key! Not many people would have cared or gone to so much trouble and wouldn't take anything in payment. The world needs more people like the Lawson's!

We are hunters and purchased Liberty, Limbertwig, Yates, Horse, Craven Crabs, Arkansas Black,. We have found their trees to be large in size, very healthy, and it's nice to see your trees being dug at time of pickup to know you have fresh trees. Our larger order we had pre dug, but once we saw the quality and were there to pick up our order, we had to have MORE TREES!

We have just finihed planting all 21 of our apple, pear and cherry trees we purchased at Lawson's and can't wait for them to come into production. We own a private hunting property and the Lawson's knew exactly what trees to suggest for our needs.

We purchased mostly the old fashioned trees due to less TLC needed in their production. I would and have recommended Lawson's to hundreds of people all over the net already through internet wildlife management chat boards!

early riser
Positive bolton
Cumming, GA
January 10, 2005
I purchased some Chesnut trees from Mr. Lawson, the trees have a huge root ball and look very healthy. Both Mr. Lawson and his daughter were very knowledgeable about their products and were a pleasure to do business with. I'm sure I will be trading at Lawson's again.
Positive tacarter
Roswell, GA (Zone 7b)
April 10, 2002
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Lawson and his daughter when I was buying some apple and cherry trees recently. He is as fine a gentleman as you will ever come across and his daughter is a peach. He has a treasure trove of apple knowledge gleaned through his 38 years of dedication to this nursery. I am not easily impressed, but I was in this case.

They have more heirloom varieties of apples than I have ever seen, on several rootstocks (I left with six of them--Yates, Coon of Kentucky, Winter Terry, Horse, Kinnard's Choice, Smokey Mountain Limbertwig!). The trees are exceptionally sturdy and were dug as I waited (They also carry container-grown stock and ship nationwide.

My cherries are leafing out now and the apple buds are swelling. I'm looking forward to many years of happy returns on my recent planting efforts. I don't think you will be disappointed if you give Lawson's a try.