The scoop on 'Mountain View Iris Gardens'

Mountain View Iris Gardens

6307 Irwin Ave
Lawton, Oklahoma 73505 (United States)

Company Comment, posted on September 22, 2006:
Note from their website, as of 9/2006:

Mountain View Iris Gardens has gone out of business due to the extreme temperatures and drought that we have faced this year. We will come back as LaidBack Iris Gardens in 2007. We will be offering club & Grab Bag orders and less named varieties until we build back our stock. Thanks to all of you who have ordered from us in the pass and we look forward to the 2007 season.

Comments:

Neutral cls009
August 4, 2006
I made a very small order with this company this summer for the first time. They were extremely friendly and responded very quickly to my emails. The iris I ordered were mailed out right away and they were very generous with bonus...I ordered 6 or 7 iris and they sent me 3 extras including one of their new releases which was exceptionally generous considering it was a relatively small order.

That said however I will not be ordering from them again. One which was expensive in my opinion I ordered 2 of and I received a very tiny "clump" if you can call it that with 2 extremely small fans stuck to it. I planted it all the same hoping it might do ok, and within 2 weeks anything even remotely green had completely disappeared and it is very obviously dead. One other variety that I purchased was also very tiny although she tried to make up for this with sending two fans. Both of these died off within the same time period. At least one other is looking like it will be doing the same thing. I have purchased around 250 iris this year from several different places and have not had any problems with any others that I have planted, but its possible that climate change has something to do with the problems that I've had with these particular plants I really don't know. While I would not say my experience with this company was entirely bad I am not happy with the results overall. I do believe that they are honest/good people but I'm very disapointed that I spent what I would consider a decent amount of money and don't really have much to show for it.
Positive Charlotteda
Pickens, SC (Zone 7a)
July 2, 2005
Received bearded iris from Lacy. The rhizomes are nice and large and very well packaged and sent. Highly recommend !
Positive Nancymo
Marble Hill, MO
August 15, 2003
This was the first year that I have ordered from this company--- the rhizomes look big and heathy, plus they sent bonus's.
On August 23rd, 2003, Nancymo added the following:

Just received my second order and Pleased is not the word!!!! These folks are FANTASTIC!!! VERY generous and extrememely nice!!!
Positive lizstrang
March 1, 1999
I have received very good rhizomes and service from Mountain View Iris Gardens. Their prices are quite reasonable and they give generous bonus rhizomes.