The scoop on 'Savory's Gardens Inc'

Savory's Gardens Inc

5300 Whiting Ave
Edina, Minnesota 55439-1249 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: $3

Comments:

Positive Ruthfo
Minneapolis, MN
June 24, 2006
I found the phone number of their web site and spoke to a wonderful, helpful woman. I am new to gardening, having bought my first house recently, and she was encouraging and made me feel that any question was something that other's had also faced. I ordered 10 hosta's which arrived in great shape, included clear instructions, and are doing very well 2 weeks after planting. Even my experienced gardener next door remarked on how healthy the plants look. I'm very pleased to have used them as my first mail order purchase of plants and will do business there again.
Positive upnorth_garden
March 18, 2004
This is a family run shop. You can find Mrs Savory around often as well as her son who is well known in our neighborhood for the delightful new plants he has added to our gardens. I would rather pay the somewhat higher prices to this nice local family to continue its business then to support a large company who does not live in our own area. You can sign up for the monthly drawings, they give away a new hosta each month. I haven't won yet but I will keep trying! It is hard to find because it is located in the middle of a quite neighborhood but it worth the time!
Neutral imluke54
July 21, 2003
I agree with streaker, I have been there multiple times but can't bring myself to pay their prices for consistently 1-eyes hostas at nearly twice the comparable cost of other nurseries. The selection is nice to see a variety of different plants, just avoid looking at the price tag...
Neutral streaker71
New Richmond, WI
June 16, 2003
A fairly good selection that includes many hard to find cultivars and great display gardens. However the prices are consistantly high when compared to other reputable nursuries. Aslo plant sizes are generally on the small to very small side. A good place to go if you want to purchase some of the rarer or newer introductions. But if it is some of the more common varities, then you would be better off to go elsewhere and save the money.
Positive skscherger
April 29, 2003
These are very high quality Hostas, but moderate to expensive in price. The nursery specializes in Hostas, however does have a few other shade plants and some odds and ends. I've gotten several very hardy grasses there.

Although I'm local to the nursery, I do have them send a Hosta to our mothers on Mother's Day. The service is very speedy and the plants come in good condition. I believe of multiple plants bought there, only one Hosta did not survive.
Positive jjanicesue
February 1, 2000
Good quality, good prices. I order from Savory's; the prices are always less expensive [than others].
Positive ScoleJP
April 1, 1998
I have ordered from this company. I received very healthy plants. They don't have a web site. I mailed and asked for their price list. Their prices are a little high, but the plants were healthy.
Positive sharlenemiller
April 1, 1996
Price is average to moderately high. They sell Hostas only. Catalog is half-size with a few pictures and good descriptions. Have seen others on similar boards recommending this garden.