The scoop on 'White Oak Nursery'

White Oak Nursery

White Oak Nursery has 100 products listed in PlantScout.

2209 County Road 810 E
Washburn, Illinois 61570-9373 (United States)

Phone: 309 369-2065

Comments:

Positive dirthound
Cohocton, NY
April 30, 2011
First order ever from White Oak. Nice big bareroot hostas,good communication, will return again.
Positive gardenfanatic2
Lees Summit, MO
August 6, 2010
I've ordered hostas from White Oak several times, and in my opinion, they're the best! Always plants with large, healthy root systems that take off when they go in the garden. I always get prompt responses when I email, and that's important to me. Not to mention, really good prices. If White Oak carried every hosta I'd ever want, they'd be the ONLY ones I order from!

I've also ordered daylilies from them, and their daylilies are nice, healthy plants with good root systems that take off in the garden. Can't go wrong with White Oak!
Positive tsbccowboy
Saint Paul, MN
June 10, 2010
Posted on May 12, 2005, updated June 10, 2010
The Hostas in my orders in both 2004 and 2005 were very impressive. The roots on the Hostas were huge. I am a very happy repeat customer.
On May 13th, 2009, tsbccowboy added the following:

The Hostas in this year's order had huge roots. Thank you for another great order!
On June 10th, 2010, tsbccowboy added the following:

Their Refrigerator Sale rocks!

The Hostas all had huge roots.
Positive Eleven
Royal Oak, MI (Zone 6a)
March 15, 2010
I ordered several new hostas during a sale late last spring. The plants were shipped quickly, arrived with large root systems, and outperformed plants I had purchased elsewhere. I was very happy, as this was my first experience ordering bare root plants. I will definitely order from White Oak again!
Positive naal
Fairfax, VA
July 8, 2009
I ordered from them the first time in 2008 during their 'fridge sale'. The hostas did very well last summer, so I ordered again from them, once in early spring and again for their fridge sale in 2009. The hosta I received both times had HUGE root systems and many had more than two eyes. These hostas have really taken off in my garden. Combine that with incredible prices, great correspondence, and well packaged plants that are healthy, they have become my hosta supplier of choice!
Positive EFBrandt
Rochester, NY
June 22, 2009
Although I'm abit late in feedback on this FANTASTIC nursery it is not due to the '101' customer satisfaction, nor the quality of the hosta's delivered.

If you want beautiful happy plants that will prosper in your garden, please say hello to Bob and Brenda Keller at White Oak Nursery.
Positive HostaLily
Florence, SC (Zone 8a)
July 13, 2008
I ordered for the first time this past Spring when they had their hosta "Refrigerator Sale". The plants are doing beautifully!

I also ordered from the daylily sale and the plants are blooming as I speak! Beautiful big clumps of lilies!
Positive KLK7
Montgomery, IL
June 9, 2008
I ordered several hosta and daylilies from this company for the first time in May 2008. I was highly pleased with the quality and price of their plants. They were well packaged and shipped in a timely manner. All of my plants are now thriving a month later. I definately will order from White Oak in the future.
Positive jenireed
Appleton, WI
May 31, 2008
I had a very positive experience with this nursery. They were super friendly, and I love that you receive hostas that are still dormant, that way they will actually look good this year yet!The ones I ordered earlier in the year are already up and looking wonderful. Just received my refrigerator sale hostas, and they are huge and beautiful too!
Positive linjasar
Sarver, PA (Zone 5a)
May 3, 2008
Received 12 hosta. Some had leaves and some were just buds. The buds are opening into leaves already and they look very healthy. All of the them were well packaged and have great root balls. I will order from them again. Also, the plants were shipped and arrived when they said they would.
Positive zafo
Saint Louis, MO
May 1, 2008
I have been ordering hosta from White Oak the past 3 years. The plants they ship are alway large with huge healthy root systems. You can't go wrong with this nursery. I highly recommend!
Positive AddieOtto
Clementon, NJ (Zone 6b)
May 26, 2007
I ordered from White Oak Nursery for the very first time this year and I was very impressed with the size of the rootballs of the plants. They shipped the plants exactly when they said they would. I will be ordering from them again.
Positive Laceymoore
Little Rock, AR
April 28, 2007
I ordered hostas from White Oak Nurseries in IL. I placed my order I believe in February. They began emailing me in March and letting me know the status of my hostas since they had that bad winter storm. Everyday they would email me with updates promising to refund my money if anything died in the freeze. One day last week Fedex showed up with the healthiest, biggest hostas I have ever seen. I planted them the day of a big thunderstorm. I swear the next morning they looked several months old. I would recommend these folks to anyone anytime anywhere and I WILL be ordering from them next year!!!!!!!
Positive LinkM
Williamsville, NY (Zone 5b)
April 26, 2007
Although I order a fair amount of plants on-line, I generally shy away from bare root, due to some bad experiences . . . BUT - I am glad I took a chance on White Oak. The four Hostas I ordered arrived today and are large and healthy. Great care was taken in preparing them for shipping, the roots of each individually wrapped in wet newspaper and plastic. They are definitely on my "order again" list!
Positive jimcnj
Garwood, NJ
April 20, 2006
I received my plants in a timely manner. All of them were well packed and healthy. I'm not a big hosta guy and was just looking for some nice specie types - I'm glad I found this place.
Positive toby11
New Providence, PA
April 19, 2006
Received beautiful, healthy plants; well packed, and delivered in timely manner. Past purchases have been equally as good, which makes me a repeat customer.
Positive robinlw
Cumming, GA
June 2, 2005
I recently ordered 6 different hostas from White Oak and was very very impressed. They were shipped when they said they were going to be shipped and they were awesome plants. They were nice size and in great shape. They have all been planted and are doing nicely. I will order from them again!
Positive Homer_Zn5
Jamestown, IN
May 31, 2005
Excellent service and plants for the money. Period. I have ordered from quite a few mail order nurseries, and my experience with White Oak ranks with the best of them. I stumbled upon their annual "refrigerator sale" just a few hours after it began. They had Hosta 'Kiwi Full Monty' for $20, so I had to order.

The prices were competitive to excellent, and the shipping was fast. I received my order the day after it was shipped, and everything was packaged well. My Kiwi Full Monty was a nice-sized 2 eye plant with large roots. Many other plants were multiple eyes. Only one plant was a single eye (Tokudama Flavocircinalis), and its roots are fantastic.

The owners answer e-mails promptly, they are priced competitively, and the plants are quality. What more could you ask?
Positive cindy528
Bridgeton, NJ (Zone 7a)
May 20, 2005
I recently ordered for the first time with White Oak Nursery. I ordered 4 hostas. They were shipped and arrived exactly when I was told to expect them. The root systems are huge and the plants look great. I will definitely order from them again. Great plants, shipping, packaging and customer service. Can't beat that combination.
On April 19th, 2006, cindy528 added the following:

I ordered again this year from White Oak (8 hostas in all) and all I can say is WOW! Delivered exactly when they said, huge eyes and a great root system. I can't wait to get them in the ground and watch them do their thing. Great people to do business with and great customer service. All in all an unbeatable combination and a great place to do business.
Positive LazyJean
Omaha, NE
May 7, 2005
Nice big healthy hostas arrived a few days ago. This was my first order from White Oak and I was very happy with the plants, packaging and service.
Positive StacyP9
somewherein, IL (Zone 5b)
April 27, 2005
This is my first time ordering from this company but it will not be the last. The hostas I ordered arrived exactly on the day they said to expect them. They were well packed, very healthy and very generous in size. The pricing on the plants and the shipping was very reasonable as well.
On April 30th, 2006, StacyP9 added the following:

My order was great again this year. I ordered seven hostas and all had three to four big fat eyes. They have only been in the ground a week and are doing great!
Positive kdjoergensen
Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC (Zone 7b)
April 22, 2005
My 2005 order was extremely impressive to say the least. The hostas were shipped on the day requested, and the division were all very large (some extremely large). Perfect packaging, too. Prices are also very good for the type of hostas that I purchased.
Positive SharMac
Creve Coeur, IL
May 5, 2004
Received my first shipment from White Oak Nursery this spring and was thrilled with the product. All the hostas were strong, healthy plants and were very well packed for shipment. They are all planted and all 18 hostas are thriving. I will definitely buy more from this company!
On May 31st, 2005, SharMac added the following:

May, 2005 I received another shipment of hostas this year from White Oaks and again they were exceptional plants. All very healthy and growing fine. This year I added daylilies to my order and am pleased to say they also are all healthy and growing quite well. I will continue to order from this company, especially hostas. The price is right!
On May 23rd, 2006, SharMac added the following:

Again I received an order of 26 new hostas from White Oak Nursery. They were all very healthy and all are doing great!!
You cannot beat this company for quality and price. They are also great communicators. I have never had to have a hosta plant replaced from this company.
Positive hostahem1
Racine, WI (Zone 5a)
April 23, 2004
This is the second year I have purchased hostas from this on-line hosta company and am more than pleased. I just received my shipment this week, and the plants are in excellent shape. They also have nice root systems and multiple eyes. This company sells field grown plants they dig up and then refrigerate to prevent the leaves from getting too big for shipment. I recommend this company strongly--good plants , fair prices, and a very nice assortment of hostas I could never find in my city.
Positive Greenknee
Chantilly, VA (Zone 6b)
April 16, 2004
I received my first order from White Oak today. Excellent plants, many eyes, and very healthy looking. Also an excellent value, as I order from many sources.
On May 3rd, 2004, Greenknee added the following:

Out of 5 sources, these were the best plants, even more so after about three weeks in pots.
Positive ruby42
Cape May Court House, NJ (Zone 7a)
April 16, 2004
This year was the first time I placed an order with White Oak Nursery and I was very pleased with the Hosta that I recieved.

They sent VERY healthy plant's with a large root system!

The service was VERY friendly and my order was sent right on time! I guess you can't ask for more than that!!

I am a HAPPY customer and will do business with them again!
On May 5th, 2005, ruby42 added the following:

Well like I said last year I will and did do business with White Oak Nursery again!!!

The Hosta that I ordered were big and healthy and the service was even better the second time around!!!

I have to say THANK'S for adding such beautiful Hosta to my garden!!!!!
Positive mimi5k
Youngstown, OH
July 16, 2003
Hosta's have become very expensive, but White Oak's prices are super low. I have ordered twice 2002 and 2003 and received my orders in a timely matter and all plants in great shape. The only problem I have is that I ran out of places to plant hosta! I've shared this site with anyone who would listen. Great job White Oak Nursery!
Positive Runtt
May 30, 2003
We have had only positive experience with White Oak, will order from them again.
Positive jomarc
May 9, 2003
I placed an order for four plants and all arrived in extremely healthy condition. They are planted now and are almost completely leafed-out. I am so pleased with their size and quality.

Will I be placing an order again?...ABSOLUTELY!!!!

I feel the prices are reasonable, and I hope this nursery business is with us for many years to come.

Positive DaisyPeach
(Zone 6b)
May 8, 2003
Good prices, great hostas. I ordered three this year but have ordered from them previously. I was disappointed at first because the box looked small but inside were 3 beautiful well packed hostas which are now all planted, very healthy and fully leafed out. Will order from them again.
Positive grannymarsh
Marquette, MI (Zone 5a)
May 3, 2003
This was my first experience with this company. The plants are absolutely huge!! (Good thing too, the order was on behalf of my Garden Club.) The root balls are large and many of the Hostas had multiple eyes. The plants were well packaged and protected. Will order from them again.
Positive ChristyDB
April 23, 2003
In my book, the best source for hostas. Plants are a good size and come impeccably packaged. The website is also very comprehensive and helpful, whether you want to buy hostas or just take a look at the pictures.
Positive darcy38
Strafford, NH
April 11, 2003
Last spring I ordered over a dozen different varieties from them (new shade garden)....the plants arrived looking wonderful with lots of roots! I cannot believe how well they took and flourished! I'm now trying to think of other places to plant so I can order more!
Positive leslie
Omaha, NE (Zone 5a)
August 6, 2002
I am very happy with the hostas I received, and the prices are very good. I plan to order again.
On May 17th, 2003, leslie added the following:

Received my second order from White Oak, still very positive experience. I plan to order again.
Positive hortus
July 29, 2002
Great hostas and even better prices. All the hostas were good size with plenty of roots. For $70 I got a dozen unusual hostas that have really filled in my garden this year. I'll definitely order next year before Christmas so I'll have the full selection before some varieties get sold out.
Positive kplants
Acushnet, MA
April 26, 2002
Bought from this company for the first time this year. Felt the service was very good; the plants arrived on the day I expected them in very good condition. They are growing very well as I write this, so I'll post again.
On October 13th, 2002, kplants changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

The plants performed better than many I've bought. I look forward to buying from this company again!