The scoop on 'Victory Seed Company'

Victory Seed Company

Green Star: Good Victory Seed Company is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

Molalla, Oregon 97038 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: $2 (refundable with 1st order)

» Like them on Facebook

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Company Comment, posted on January 7, 2013:
Our roots can be traced back to 1909 when Victor H. Dunton established a farm to support his family and to serve our local community of Liberal, Oregon. Building upon our ancestor’s efforts, the Victory Seed Company was organized in 1998 on Victor's farm. Using the power of the internet, the community that we now serve is global.

The Victory Seed Company remains an independent, farm-based, family owned and operated organization working to protect threatened seed varieties from becoming extinct. We work with cherished family heirlooms, rare old commercial releases, as well as newer interesting varieties - some of which we ourselves have released. Regardless of their histories, all of the seeds which we offer are open-pollinated, non-hybrid, non-GMO and not chemically treated.

Our mission is focused on cultivar accuracy, seed quality, customer support and of course, keeping these vegetable, herb, and flower seeds available to our home gardening supporters. It is through the support of your purchases that we are able to continue our seed variety preservation work. We also support the work of many charitable organizations by annually donating thousands of dollars worth of seeds for their outreach and educational programs.

Along with our secure online seed store and shopping cart system (http://www.VictorySeeds.com), we have an informational web site (http://www.VintageVeggies.com) that provides seed saving, general gardening and other related information. As a personal "pet project," Mike has been working on a historical horticulture informational site at http://www.SaveSeeds.org. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/VictorySeeds/ or read our blog at http://www.vintageveggies.com/blog/. We hope that you will stop by one of our web resources and get to know us better. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Gardening Success to You!

Mike Dunton
(Great-grandson of Victor H. Dunton)

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive fletchrg
Travelers Rest, SC
May 12, 2016
I have ordered from Victory Seed Company numerous times, and never had a problem. This time, however, the friendly folks at the Post Office saw fit to lose my order, one which was time-sensitive for planting. I emailed the folks at Victory Seed and they promptly tracked the shipment and sent me the tracking number. For some reason, our friends at the Post Office seemed less than enthusiastic when I contacted them. In the meantime, Victory Seeds had duplicated my order and shipped it, with instructions to me to refuse the first order if it should ever show up ( which it hasn't yet). Long story short, I got the seed in time to plant it due to the proactive folks at Victory Seed. I will continue to do business with these folks, and will probably order from them exclusively from now on. Great doing business with them!
Company representative comment on June 14, 2016:
On Jun 14, 2016 11:58 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other gardeners here at the GWD. We do work hard at getting folks' orders out to them quickly since as gardeners ourselves, we know that timing is everything!

We hope that you have a great gardening season and look forward to being your garden seed supplier for years to come!

Positive pfrutescens
Havertown, PA
April 15, 2016
I ordered from Victory based on excellent testimonials around the Internet and their excellent number of dwarf varieties, particularly those from the Dwarf Tomato Project. Despite the numerous places to buy Cherokee Purple seed, I chose to buy from Victory because I felt more confident that they would take good care to make sure their original sources of seed were reliable and true to type.

I placed an order for several tomato varieties in March. Shipping was very reasonably priced, and delivery time was in line with other seed companies, with no delays despite it being the busy season. Germination rates were excellent.

The only thing I could wish is that the shipping would be trackable. But despite the lack of this convenience, the shopping experience was completely satisfactory. Victory will be one of my preferred sources for seed.
Company representative comment on April 15, 2016:
On Apr 15, 2016 3:39 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for the kind and detailed review that you left for us here at the Garden Watchdog.

Thank you also for your "wish." As a mission-driven organization, we actually do listen to our customer's suggestions and try and accommodate them whenever possible.

Since we are using the USPS, even the smallest, First Class packages are coded with a tracking number so the ability to track is there. It is just a matter of getting the postage system talking to the shopping cart system and then the tracking information could be automatically inserted into the email that we send out when the order is mailed.

I love the suggestion and this summer while working on a planned web site revamp, I will see if I can pull this off too :)

Thank you again for your kind review and for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your orders. Both are greatly appreciated.

Best of Gardening Success to You!

Positive lovely12
Midland, MI
March 15, 2016
I purchased 2 packages of Glass Gem Indian Corn from Victory Seeds. There is a good amount of kernels in each package, and they're pretty, which indicates to me the ears I grow will be pretty.

The shipping was quick. Overall I'm happy with my transaction with Victory Seeds.
Company representative comment on March 17, 2016:
On Mar 17, 2016 11:50 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for your post. We work hard at both seed quality and customer service and as a small organization with a limited marketing budget, greatly appreciate that you recognized our efforts and took the time to share with other gardeners here on the Garden Watchdog.

Thank you for helping to support our variety preservation work with your orders and word-of-mouth recommendations!

Positive texasbelle
Mid Gulf Coast, TX (Zone 9b)
March 14, 2016
I ordered seed on Thursday, March 10, and they arrived this morning (March 14)....they will be in the ground before sunset!!!! Great company, great selection, great prices. Thank you for filling my order so quickly.
Company representative comment on March 15, 2016:
On Mar 15, 2016 5:03 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for sharing with other gardeners. Your word-of-mouth recommendation is greatly appreciated.

We do try really hard at getting orders out as quickly and as accurately as possible and it is awesome when our postal service gets the mail through so quickly.

Thank you again for your support!

Positive MVIsland
MA, MA (Zone 7a)
March 3, 2016
Posted on January 13, 2016, updated March 3, 2016
I had never bought from this company before, but looking at the ratings here, I was pretty confident they were worth doing business with. Are they surely are! This company has a lot of the new Dwarf tomato seeds I have been looking for. There are 13 varieties that I placed in my order online, but before I hit the place the order button, I have a question about this type of tomato, so I emailed the company, and got a answer back in my email with a in depth detail answer, in less than 3 hours. Very impressive, especially during this busy time of year. I placed my order and it was in my mailbox 7 days later. Great service, great prices and fast shipping. Victory Seeds - hats off to you, for doing a great job! I will be placing plant of orders with you in the future!
On March 3rd, 2016, MVIsland added the following:

In January I ordered quite a few varieties of the "dwarf tomato" seeds from this company. I started all of them about 8 days ago.....well, they are ALL up and running! The germination rate is excellent. I dropped 2 seeds in every cell, and both seeds germinated. I have over 400 tomato seeds under grow lights, just waiting for another couple of weeks, before they go out into the greenhouse for another month, then into the garden they go. I am thrilled with Victory Seeds. So glad I found them. I hope Victory Seeds has a banner year for their seeds. They deserve it! With so many negative comments showing up in watchdog from other gardening companies, it is refreshing to know there is a company that really stands behind what they do. It saddens me that so many gardeners are getting burned by so many companies. If I could leave just one word about Victory Seed Company, it would be " AWESOME"
Company representative comment on January 13, 2016:
On Jan 13, 2016 1:51 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a detailed description of your purchasing experience with us. I think that reviews like yours really help gardeners make informed decisions and form the basis of our primary method of "advertising" . . . word-of-mouth.

I am glad that I was able to help (and really glad that I replied to your email quickly). As a bit of a disclaimer, as you pointed out it is our busy season and as a small organization, I wear a lot of hats here. So although I try to reply to emails, CRM messages and various social media questions quickly, I can at times be a bit slower responding than you experienced.

Regarding the seed order turn-around time . . . Thankfully folks do not have to wait for me on those :) We have a great crew that works hard at getting orders mailed out in 1 to 3 business days.

Thank you again for your post and for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your order. We look forward to being your garden seed supplier and being of service to you in the future.

Positive WolfsbaneMN
Saint Paul, MN
February 23, 2016
Excellent service (tomato seeds, Feb 2016). Highly recommend.
Company representative comment on February 23, 2016:
On Feb 23, 2016 12:05 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for the recommendation and thank you for your support! Have a great gardening season.

Positive Lilyhazen
Ellijay, GA
February 17, 2016
Posted on March 4, 2015, updated February 17, 2016
Posted on February 7, 2015, updated March 4, 2015
Posted on February 6, 2015, updated February 7, 2015
I have never ordered from this company, but was thrilled with how quickly they sent the seeds. Many people think well of this company, so I am looking forward to growing the seeds. I was disappointed that they were already out of some seeds I wanted (Mexico Midget) but I am glad they have a waiting list.
On February 7th, 2015, Lilyhazen added the following:

MIke, I did click on the waiting list for 3-4 items. I am keeping my fingers crossed! Keep up the good work, and thanks for replying so quickly!
On March 4th, 2015, Lilyhazen added the following:

Got a notice that one of the items I wanted was now available, so I ordered and got it quickly. I really appreciate that!

If I could make one suggestion--if someone orders something after being on the wait list, it would be nice if the price of shipping (which is great) could be reduced a bit. Getting one packet is doubled in price by the shipping cost.

Still, a great company!
On February 17th, 2016, Lilyhazen added the following:

This company is amazing! I ordered February 9 and received the seed on the 12th? Were ya'll standing outside my mailbox?

I was very pleased with last year's seeds. They did very well, even though I was away from my garden for 5 weeks with open heart surgery! My neighbors jumped right in and did their best to keep up with everything. Thanks for your fine company!
Company representative comment on February 17, 2016:
On Feb 6, 2015 2:09 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hello Lilyhazen,

Thank you for taking the time to write the nice comment. Since we know it is \\\"that time of year\\\" and that the seeds won\\\'t be staying in their packets very long once they are in your hands, we do work hard to get folks\\\' orders out as quickly as we can. Thank you for noticing that.

Regarding out of stock items . . . if you look on the variety\\\'s product page, when it is out of stock there is a button that is available that allows you to add yourself to the \\\"Waiting List\\\" for that item. When I get it back into stock, you are sent an automated email letting you know.

The reason that I mention that is often, we are not really out of stock, it is just that the system thinks we are an one of us has to review inventory and update the cart. We do this daily.

Thank you again for choosing to garden with Victory Seeds® and for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your order!

On Feb 7, 2015 5:18 PM, Victory Seed Company added:

Hi Again,

Drop me an email at info (at) victoryseeds.com so I can update you.

On Feb 17, 2016 4:00 PM, Victory Seed Company added:

Hi Lilyhazen!

Firstly, I am so glad to hear that your surgery went well. It seems like you are well enough to get out and garden this season and that is great! It also sounds like you have some really awesome neighbors! A very cool lesson about community.

Thank you for taking the time to share your report of how your garden did last year using Victory Seeds® and for noticing that we ship quickly. Your support is appreciated!

Have a great gardening season in 2016!

Positive josully
Herington, KS (Zone 6a)
February 17, 2016
These folks are wonderful. Ordered my seed, and received them the following week. We will be back.

Company representative comment on February 17, 2016:
On Feb 17, 2016 2:35 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Josully,

We do try really hard, even during this busy time of the gardening year, to get folks' seeds to them as quickly as possible.

As a lifelong gardener, I certainly remember what it was like to mail order my seeds only to have a company take weeks to fulfill my order.

When I founded the Victory Seed Company, I did not want us to be like that :) Thank you for noticing and sharing your experience with other gardeners here on the Garden Watch Dog.

We look forward to being your seed source!

Positive BotanicalBoi
Carrollton, GA (Zone 7b)
February 7, 2016
❀ ¯¨'*·~-.¸¸,.-~*'✿ƒavorite Çompany✿*·~-.¸¸,.-~*'❀

Always a pleasure to deal with. Seeds always have high germination rates and always perform very well! I love that this company is consistent and offers quality product. My only wish is that they offered even more varieties :-) Looking forward to trying more of your seeds this coming spring.

Thank you!
Company representative comment on February 11, 2016:
On Feb 11, 2016 2:04 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

What a great post. Thank you for taking the time to tell folks about your experience with our seeds. I also wish that we were saving more varieties :) And with the support of orders like yours, we are able to add more to our grow outs every year. Thank you again and we look forward to being of service to you.

Positive msjw
Springfield, MO
February 5, 2016
I ordered seeds from Victory last year and also this year. I have just received my seeds for this year. I do container gardening in earthboxes. I absolutely am wild about the Dwarf Tomato Project seeds, perfect for my use. I had my seeds in a matter of days after ordering.
Company representative comment on February 5, 2016:
On Feb 5, 2016 10:32 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for your review. Your word-of-mouth recommendation is greatly appreciated. I am also glad to be of service to you as a container gardener. Folks forget that there are people that do not have the luxury of large plots of earth. In regards to the Dwarf Tomato Project seeds, I am as excited as you are about them! :)

Positive jwneibaur
Rupert, ID
January 30, 2016
I met Mike at the 2015 Mother Earth News fair in Oregon. I was impressed by how down-to-earth the company felt. You can tell that everyone who works there has a special blood sweat and tears bond with the company and the gardening way of life. I made my first order through them last fall. I was pleased with the results. I some of my seed for some experiments in the greenhouse, and everything came up happy and strong. I have written a full review on my blog, you can see it here http://www.simpleground.com/blog/victory-seed-company-a-litt...
Company representative comment on January 30, 2016:
On Jan 30, 2016 5:59 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for all of the support that you have sent our way in the form of posts, orders, and sharing your experiences here on Dave's Garden Watchdog. It is all so greatly appreciated.

By the way, I do remember our visit last year in Albany :) I hope to see you again this year at the MEN Fair (June 4-5, 2016) in Albany, OR.

Positive GardenerJan812
Parker, CO
January 18, 2016
I was looking for heirloom seeds and found this company on Dave's Garden. I orders several different types of parsley as well as flower seeds. They arrived promptly. I am very pleased with the service I received and I am extremely excited to have found this company. I'm a master gardener and I plant seeds/plants with the goal of helping the birds, bees, and butterflies.Will be ordering from Victory Seed Company again!
Company representative comment on January 20, 2016:
On Jan 20, 2016 3:27 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for your nice post. We are excited that you found us and hope to be of service to you for years to come!

You have probably already heard of this new initiative, but others reading this may not have, so here goes - http://millionpollinatorgardens.org/.

The Million Pollinator Garden Challenge is a campaign to register a million public and private gardens and landscapes to support pollinators. Size is no limitation. All of us can take part in helping to create habitat for pollinator.

Thank you again for supporting our seed variety preservation work with your orders, with your word-of-mouth recommendations, and for your work helping pollinators!

Positive YB
Kittanning, PA
December 16, 2015
Posted on November 1, 2007, updated December 16, 2015
Good company, plants grew well. Seeds arrived on time. The reason I give them a Neutral was the germination rate left a lot to be desired. 7 out of 25 seeds is not good in my book. Had to replant some seeds to keep the garden full.

I thought about sending my complaint to the company but for the small cost of the seeds I bought didn\'t make it worth while.

On December 16th, 2015, YB changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Since I first posted this years back, Victory Seeds have been very good at sending what I need and the seed quality is very good.
I just purchased more and will continue to use them for my future Heirloom seed needs.

Keep up the great work....
Company representative comment on December 16, 2015:

On Nov 1, 2007 10:45 AM, Victory Seed Company added:

Hello,

Along with working hard to foster the positive attributes that you mentioned in your posting, we also pride ourselves in offering only fresh, vigorous seed.

There are many factors that can affect germination and no matter how small the order or what a person\'s experience level, we appreciate the opportunity to help folks troubleshoot problems and send replacements when warranted.

I wish that you would have given us the chance.

Regards,

On Dec 16, 2015 5:53 PM, Victory Seed Company added:

Hi YB!

Wow, that is so awesome of you to take the time to update your review! I remember your earlier post and had to do a double-take when I saw that it was from 2007 . . . I can't believe how fast eight years have past!

We really do appreciate folks like you that support our seed variety preservation work by choosing to garden with Victory Seeds.

Thank you so much for your support and for telling other gardeners about us.

Positive abiggerplate
Weatherford,
United States
December 8, 2015
Order arrived promptly. Shipping cost was fair. Product was well packaged
Company representative comment on December 8, 2015:
On Dec 8, 2015 9:40 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your shopping experience. We greatly appreciate you sharing these details with the gardening community. As a mission-driven, not fiscally motivated, organization, we care about all of our supporters and treat each order we receive accordingly.

Thank you again for your feedback and for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your orders. Have a great 2016!

Positive pamelakuhens
Otisville, NY
September 21, 2015
Victory Seed Company reps are always there to help. I get fast and informative email replies. The seeds are high quality of course, but if it weren't for their responsiveness to my inquiries, my gardens wouldn't be nearly as successful as they've been.
Company representative comment on October 20, 2015:
On Oct 20, 2015 4:18 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with other gardeners. Word of mouth recommendations like yours are our primary source of "advertising" and as a small organization we are easily overshadowed by businesses with large marketing budgets and hired PR firms. Thank you!

Positive Jaesmyth
Watkinsville, GA
June 2, 2015
Absolutely thrilled!
Our order was processed quickly, shipped promptly, and we had about a 95% germination rate.
The plants are doing wonderfully!
I am so glad we chose to do business with Victory Seed Company, I couldn't have asked for anything more.
Five star experience!

Company representative comment on June 19, 2015:
On Jun 19, 2015 6:08 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to post them here, Jaesmyth. Your word of mouth recommendations to other gardeners is greatly appreciated.

We hope that you have a productive harvest and look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Positive bickster
Toronto,
Canada
March 15, 2015
I am absolutely delighted with Mike and the folks at Victory Seeds. Wonderful selection of seeds, courteous service and prompt processing and delivery. I recently received my first order delivered to here in Canada in just under two weeks. I really appreciated the e-mail notifications of the status of my order so I knew exactly when it had been received, fulfilled and shipped. It was my first order, but definitely won't be my last!! Thanks!!!
Company representative comment on March 15, 2015:
On Mar 15, 2015 10:27 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi bickster! By supporting our seed variety preservation work with your orders and your word-of-mouth recommendations, we consider you among our partners in this work.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your recommendation here for other gardeners to consider. We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Positive debles
Tulsa, OK
March 15, 2015
One of my favorite online seed sources.
Victory Seed carries a lot of hard to find open pollinated varieties, including many rare seeds.

The shipping is always fast too.
As someone who rarely uses all of the seed in a single packet at one time, I really appreciate the ziploc bag inside the paper seed packet.
Another bonus is the full description of the product on the paper seed packet. So many companies do not provide that information on the seed packet. Most have generic information that applies to all varieties of the particular type of seed.
Victory lists the days to maturity along with other information right on the packet. This saves having to locate the listing for specific seeds when making decisions about what to grow.
I've had very good germination with all of the seeds I've purchased and appreciate the little things that make this company special.
Company representative comment on March 15, 2015:
On Mar 15, 2015 9:50 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for noticing "the little things" debles, and for your praises.

It is always great to hear that our efforts are appreciated and especially awesome that you took the time to share your experiences using Victory Seeds with all of the gardeners here at the Garden Watchdog. Thank you for supporting us with your orders and your word-of-mouth recommendations.

Positive aedwardsford
Plano, TX
March 10, 2015
This was my first order but not my last. Quick shipping, great customer service.
Company representative comment on March 10, 2015:
On Mar 10, 2015 11:19 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

I am glad that you found us and gave us a chance. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Have a great gardening season, thank you for taking the time to post here at the GWD, and thank you again for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your orders.

Positive jumpinjo
Marshalltown, IA (Zone 5a)
February 15, 2015
I have go-to seed companies I use but Victory had seeds I wanted to try. Very happy with the service and the seeds. Will order again!
Company representative comment on March 3, 2015:
On Mar 3, 2015 10:50 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review here and for letting us be part of your garden this season.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future and hope to earn the spot as your "go-to" seed company.

Thank you again for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your order! ~Mike

Positive ALauver
Sunbury, PA
February 7, 2015
I ordered 23 packs of seeds on Monday and had them in my hands on Friday! Definitely surprised but very excited. I love the selection and am a huge fan of the heirloom, NON-GMO, less well known choices they offer. I found the prices really reasonable by comparison to other companies and in fact cheaper than many. I will most definitely be ordering from them again and don't care if I never get another catalog from the "big guys". Great job, keep up the good work!
On Feb 7, 2015 9:17 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi ALauver,

Getting such nice praise really makes all of our day here. We have a great team of skilled and dedicated folks who work hard at getting orders sent out as quickly as possible. By the way, it is the same team that plants in the spring, cultivates in the summer and harvests in the fall :)

Thank you so much for supporting our seed variety preservation work with your orders and I am glad that you chose us over the "big guys" to partner with you in your garden.

Positive KWalter
(Zone 13a)
February 7, 2015
As a new customer from Zone 13, I was pleased by the swiftness and response to my January order. The seeds came well-packaged, and the first planting showed high germination.
On the packaging: I was impressed with detailed lable on the standard sized packets. Then I noticed two things which put Victory Seeds ahead of their competition: first, the seeds are in a clear resealable plastic bag which keeps mosture out and provides a clear view of the seed condition; second, the outer standard size packet is resealable which allows the gardener to keep the seeds organized and out of direct light. I am convinced that this packaging contributes to the high germination rates that I found on first planting.
On the shipping: I also appreciate that the seeds came via USPS which handled the package tracking and first class postage with ease. I believe more companies should use our national postal service, and that is a plus in Victory's favor. Besides, so many companies cannot ship to Hawaii and Alaska because they rely on non-USPS shipping.
On timelyness: I received my order within 4 days, which allowed me to begin planting that weekend. My peas and beets are doing well.
Well done, Victory Seeds.
I look forward to my next package.
On Feb 7, 2015 9:10 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Wow! Thank you for sharing such a great report. It is awesome when someone notices all of the little details that we do . . . Especially when they take the time, like you did, to let us know.

I hope that you have a great gardening season and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Positive johnsonr9
Eagle Rock, VA
February 7, 2015
Haven't planted yet but great selection and service and reasonable prices. Thanks.
On Feb 7, 2015 4:18 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for your order and for taking the time to post your feedback. Both are greatly appreciated. Have a great gardening season and shoot me an email if I can be of further assistance. Best, ~Mike

Positive Lozo
Fort Wayne, IN
February 2, 2015
Posted on May 11, 2014, updated February 2, 2015
Ordered my seeds on the 6th and got them on the 10th. Well packed and adequate info on the packages for planting and care.. I like!!!
On February 2nd, 2015, Lozo added the following:

2015 - ordered seeds on Wednesday and received complete order on Saturday!
On May 11, 2014 8:19 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for the feedback, Lozo. I try and cram as much info as possible onto the packets. If you have other questions, there is typically more information on the VictorySeeds.com site and for more regionally specific help, I have been working on a \"side project\" at http://www.WebGrower.com. Thank you again for sharing your experiences with other gardeners here at the Garden Watchdog and for helping to support our preservation work with your orders. Best Regards, ~Mike

On Feb 2, 2015 11:25 PM, Victory Seed Company added:

Hi Lozo,

Thank you for your recent order and for your post here. We appreciate it. Have a great gardening season!

Positive newwine2go
Pickens, SC
January 30, 2015
Victory Seeds was prompt with the order and I look forward to using their seeds. Thanks for the great service!
On Feb 2, 2015 11:34 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you! We look forward to hearing how your garden does. ~Mike

Positive KYhomesteader
Columbia, KY
January 29, 2015
I have purchased my vegetable garden seed from Victory Seed Company for two years now and have been very pleased with the seed and with this company. They have an excellent selection of rare and heirloom seeds. The website is helpful and easy to navigate. My seeds have performed well with good germination rates and high production. I received both of my orders very quickly. Everything was very well packaged and I have never had anything missing from an order or a seed packet that was short on seeds. Their customer service has been the best I've ever experienced with an online retailer. They are incredibly helpful and courteous and have gone out of their way to make sure I'm a happy customer. I love that they were an early signer of the Safe Seed Pledge and that they are not in the tiniest way affiliated with Monsanto or any other GMO seed company. As for the person complaining about the optional package insurance (and taking pages and pages to do so) - good grief he needs a new hobby! I've bought and sold stuff on websites like eBay and Etsy for years and package insurance is ALWAYS an option and the seller is NEVER responsible for a package once it leaves their hands. That is common practice!! Please don't let that disgruntled and unreasonable person discourage you from doing business with Victory Seed Company. This is a company with integrity that really cares about what they do and about their customers. I intend to do business with them as long as I can still dig in the dirt.
On Feb 2, 2015 11:22 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for taking the time to share us with other gardeners, KYhomesteader! It is obvious that you put a great deal of time into it post and we greatly appreciate it! We also appreciate the support from your support, hope that you have a great gardening season, and look forward to being of service to you again in the future!

Positive RockyRidgeHome
Tyler, TX
January 26, 2015
This was my first time ordering from Victory Seed Company and I am very pleased! I was happy to find 2 types of tomatoes seeds here that I could not find elsewhere online. The prices were reasonable and the seeds were shipped quickly.

The main reason I ordered from this company was because of the positive comments left here. I will be doing business with Victory Seed Company in the future!
Company representative comment on January 26, 2015:
On Jan 26, 2015 1:24 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others here on the Garden Watchdog. Your comments and support of our seed variety preservation work with your orders is how we are able to keep rare, old seed varieties (like the tomatoes you mentioned), available to home gardeners. Thank you! We look forward to being your garden seed partner.

Positive gardeningkev
Farmerville, LA
January 26, 2015
Love this company! Quality seeds and speedy turn around time on my orders.
Company representative comment on January 26, 2015:
On Jan 26, 2015 11:02 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for your post, GardeningKev! We appreciate your support and look forward to being of service to you for years to come.

Positive NotBill
Greensboro, NC
January 21, 2015
I have bought from Victory Seeds for several years.
No problems, superlative seeds.
Company representative comment on January 21, 2015:
On Jan 21, 2015 10:52 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for supporting our seed variety preservation work with your orders and for taking the time to share your experiences with other gardeners. Your word-of-mouth recommendation is greatly appreciated. We work hard to keep problems to a minimum and quickly fix any that do occasionally pop up. We look forward to being of service to you in the years to come. ~Mike

Positive sjamesNorway
Sokna,
Norway
December 7, 2014
Posted on September 10, 2014, updated December 7, 2014
Victory Seeds\' staff were super-helpful when I had trouble completing an order from Norway, even though they don\'t have an export department. The seeds arrived as quickly as could be expected. They have a great selection of tomato seeds.
On December 7th, 2014, sjamesNorway added the following:

The seeds arrived 7 days after I ordered, in NORWAY! Once again a very positive experience with Victory Seeds. It's amazing that a small company can have such a great selection of seeds, and still show interest in individual customers. Hats off to Mike and his staff.
Company representative comment on September 23, 2014:
On Sep 23, 2014 12:41 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this report about your experience with us. We appreciate your support and now that we know there are no problems mailing to Norway, please tell all of your gardening friends and family about us :)

Take care and best of gardening success to you.

Positive Thaid
Clover Hill, MD
December 6, 2014
After reviewing reviews posted here, and witnessing cool, calm, reasoned interactions of management with those who clearly have skipped their meds, I will most definitely be ordering my 2015 products from VS. ;)
Company representative comment on December 6, 2014:
On Dec 6, 2014 12:29 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hello Thaid . . . Thank you so much for the post that you made. It is always nice to "meet" reasoning people like you. You comment made me smile :) Thank you also for your interest in helping to support our work with your order. We look forward to being of service to you. Best Regards, ~Mike

Positive MarkinCT
Danbury, CT,
United States
November 11, 2014
I found the Victory Seeds people to be very helpful and clear in their communications. I just received my tomato seed order yesterday and it was extremely nicely packaged with lots of relevant information. I'm looking forward to a good tomato season in 2015 and will get my raised beds going. I will certainly work with Victory Seeds in the future.

Regards from Connecticut,

Mark
Company representative comment on November 11, 2014:
On Nov 11, 2014 10:14 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post here, Mark. Helping to spread the word about us in this way is greatly appreciated! I look forward to hearing how your 2015 season goes. Let me know if we can be of further assistance.

Positive Carol12345
Cleveland, OH
October 23, 2014
I was happily surprised to see the variety of seeds available! Plus the shipping was much faster than I expected.

I am having great success with my Fall and Winter gardens so far. I will definitely order from Victory Seed again!
Company representative comment on October 23, 2014:
On Oct 23, 2014 9:21 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Carol12345,

I am glad that we had the variety of seeds that you were seeking and that you are having good fall garden results. So many folks don't take advantage of the productivity that can be squeezed out of their gardening spaces late in the year. It is always nice to hear reports back from folks that do!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here. We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Positive PMCO14
Grand Junction, CO
October 20, 2014
Thank you! Victory Seed Company for the outstanding support that was giving throughout the duration of my real first victory garden grown this year.
All of the troubleshooting and great gardening tips provided by you made my garden a complete success.
I had no idea there were so many varieties of seeds out there and was amazed at the variety of heirloom seeds you had to offer.
I would like to try and grow tomatoes hydroponically this winter. Do you have any good suggestions on which seeds may work best?
It's a pleasure to find a company that really covers all of the bases from sales to service and you hit it out of the park.
Thank you again for the fast shipping, the great customer support and the knowledge to grow a successful garden.

I will definately be a repeat customer for years to come.

Company representative comment on October 20, 2014:
On Oct 20, 2014 9:29 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for taking the time to drop such a nice note and to recognize the team here at the Victory Seed Company.

As a mission driven company, our focus in on our seed variety preservation work and we realize that none of it would be possible without the support of our gardening friends. This does affect our organization's culture to be very customer driven. And I am very happy that we were able to help you and that your garden was a success.

In regards to gardening hydroponically . . . It is funny that you ask. I have been receiving quite a few inquiries from folks about this subject. It is a food production method that is of interest to me but unfortunately, one that I do not have a lot of hands-on experience with. That said, I will be working to compile information from customer feedback and build a section on the web site in the future.

For tomatoes, I do have a section created for varieties that are suitable for container gardening so some of those may do well in a hydroponic grow. You can find it on the site here - [HYPERLINK@www.victoryseeds.com] 'Tiny Tim' is a variety that comes to mind.

When you do start on your hydroponic adventure, drop me an email and we can all compare notes.

Thank you again for your review, your support, and your word-of-mouth recommendations to your gardening friends and family.

Negative rissole
Posted on September 19, 2014, updated September 19, 2014
Posted on September 19, 2014, updated September 19, 2014
Posted on September 18, 2014, updated September 19, 2014
Posted on September 18, 2014, updated September 18, 2014
Victory Seed has a lot of good seeds, and they usually ship pretty quickly. Overall, they're a solid company. But there's a problem I have with one of their policies. Whenever you go to check out, you are presented with this information: "By choosing NOT to insure my package, I understand that the Victory Seed Company is NOT responsible for loss or damage to my order, nor its contents, once it enters the U.S. Postal Service's system."

I'm sorry, but I do not believe that policy would hold up in a court of law. Yes, a company usually IS responsible when an order is not received or is damaged (even if you don't buy insurance), and must send another one, no matter what they may claim. Whenever a company tries to get their customers to waive their rights like this, I think it's a form of bullying and deception. Don't fall for it, folks!

Also, I would encourage anyone who orders from Victory Seed to always use a credit card. That way you will always be protected if your order gets lost or damaged. In such a case, if Victory Seed wont cooperate, just contact your credit-card company and initiate a chargeback. It basically works every time. Be an assertive consumer, and don't let dishonest companies push you around.

I would also like to say that I am less likely to order from Victory Seed in the future because of their "policy"--I avoid companies like that who try to shirk their responsibilities. In general, I will shop elsewhere unless I can't find a particular item anywhere else.
On September 18th, 2014, rissole added the following:

Here's one more thing to keep in mind: If you choose USPS First Class shipping and the package gets lost, what proof would you have that Victory Seed ever sent your package? I don't think you would have any. So, to make the customer shoulder the blame in such a situation if they don't buy insurance is just completely irresponsible.
On September 18th, 2014, rissole added the following:

Here's one more thing to think about: When you click the option to add insurance, Victory Seed charges you $1 (or $2) extra, depending on the size of your order. However, when I went to the USPS Web site to calculate how much it costs to add insurance to a package, what it said was "From $2.10." So, it seems that you *cannot* actually add any insurance to a package for only $1 or $2. This brings up the question: If you pay the $1 or $2 extra, is it really going to the USPS, or directly to Victory Seed instead? It seems to me that it must be the latter. If so, then this "insurance" thing just sounds like a gimmick to make more profit off unsuspecting customers.

Another thing to keep in mind: USPS Priority Mail already INCLUDES insurance up to a certain amount. Yet Victory Seeds still expects you to add extra "insurance" on top of that?

Wow. This definitely sounds deceptive--to say the least.
On September 19th, 2014, rissole changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

It's obvious that Victory Seed is ripping off customers with its so-called insurance, so I'm changing this rating to "Negative." They also need to refund any customers who opted for their "insurance" but also chose Priority Mail for shipping ever since Priority Mail started including insurance automatically about a year ago. This dishonest behavior by Victory Seed is completely outrageous. How come nobody else has called them on it up to this point?
On September 19th, 2014, rissole added the following:

One more thing: Apparently USPS "Express" mail already includes insurance too, so any customers who chose that shipping option but also opted for Victory Seed's "insurance" are due a refund as well.

Now that I realize what this company has been doing, I will not be ordering from them again.
On September 20th, 2014, rissole added the following:

First of all, you never addressed the fact that Priority Mail and Express Mail *already* include insurance automatically. So, do you plan to refund customers who purchased your "insurance" while choosing those mail options?? And why don't you mention on your Web site that those mail options include insurance already? Why would customers want to purchase "extra" insurance on top of that?

You also never addressed the fact that you as a business *are* responsible if a package is lost or gets damaged. Displaying that "sorry, but if you don't buy insurance, we're not responsible" policy on your Web site to scare customers is very deceptive and shows a lack of respect (and worse) toward customers.

Because you never addressed the points above, I'm just not buying the explanation that your "insurance" is not a profit-maker. If you want me to believe your explanation, then you need to:

1) Thoroughly address both points above.

2) Give us specific details about your postage provider and the optional insurance that you purchase through them, including rates. Documentation from a Web page would be very helpful.

Besides, how many other companies on the Web offer optional "insurance"? That indicates serious cheapness of the part of the company right there. Could you imagine buying something from, say, Wal-Mart.com and have them tell you that if you don't buy insurance, they're not responsible for lost or damaged items??? No, they pay for the insurance themselves, just like any reputable, customer-service friendly company would do.
On September 21st, 2014, rissole added the following:

Oh, one more thing. Please don't use the excuse that you're a "Mom and Pop company" to justify what youre doing. Most "Mom and Pop companies" out there don't try to deceptively intimidate customers into buying insurance for fear of losing all their money on a lost or stolen shipment. No, while these companies may not necessarily buy insurance on every shipment, they'll absorb the loss from lost or stolen shipments without trying to force the customer to buy insurance instead. And they certainly won't try to get a customer to pay for insurance that is already included in Priority Mail or Express Mail. I'm sorry, but that's plain fraud.
On September 21st, 2014, rissole added the following:

A final point.

Mike wrote:

"Sadly, not everyone in this world is honest, moral or ethical."

Tha's pretty funny. Is this not the pot calling the kettle black? Do you consider i "honest, moral, or ethical" to charge people for insurance that is already included in Priority Mail or Express Mail?

And just because you make a "policy" does not mean that it would hold up in a court of law. If someone pays by credit card, most likely any policies that the credit-card company has are going to supersede any policies that you might draft yourself. You can make any "policy" that you want on your Web site--that doesn't mean the policy is valid according to U.S. commercial law.

Can a doctor make up a "policy" that he will operate on a patient at a reduced rate if the patient agrees not to sue in case of problems? I think the answer should be pretty obvious. ;)

Mike,

By your failure to address the points I made, it seems obvious that you have nothing substantive to back up your claims that your "insurance" is not a profit-maker for you. It also seems obvious that you were indeed aware that Priority Mail and Express Mail already include insurance up to a certain amount, because you certainly didn\'t express any surprise when I brought that point up, nor have you offered to refund money (or even apologized) to any customers who bought your "insurance" on top of that already included in those two mailing options. In fact, you have not even bothered to comment on the matter--your silence is very telling. In addition, any customers who did use those mailing options but did not purchase your "insurance" were lied to and led to believe that their orders were not insured and that they would have to absorb any loss for lost, stolen, or damaged orders themselves, all the while Victory Seed could have pocketed compensation from the USPS for such orders without passing a dime of it on to those customers.

Thank you, Mike, for implicitly confirming everything that I wrote. I'm just surprised that none of your other customers seem to have seen through all this up to this point, but hopefully they will now. And I hope that anyone who may have purchased your "insurance" while selecting Priority Mail or Express Mail demands a refund, as well as anyone who may have had a lost, stolen, or damaged shipment but did not purchase your "insurance." Your unapologetic dishonesty in this matter is outrageous. Do you think that your customers are stupid? How long did you think that you could keep getting away with this? So much for your assertion (in one of your comments to another customer) about trying to operate your business by the "Golden Rule"--I hope nobody falls for that line of yours in the future. Sorry, Mike, but the jig is up.

Oh, and thank you for one more thing as well. I did some research on the Web and found out that the consensus among buyers is that if a company has a policy that says they're not responsible for lost or damaged shipments unless the buyer purchases insurance, they are bad news and should be avoided. So, I will no longer do business with *any* company that has such a policy, and I hope that others will follow suit.

On September 23rd, 2014, rissole added the following:

Nice try, Mike, but here are the facts once again:

1) You have been LYING to your customers on the "checkout page" that unless they buy your optional insurance, you are not responsible for lost or damaged shipments. Since Priority Mail and Express Mail already have such insurance, those packages are insured. (No, it's not obvious and not everybody knows that.) Why are you trying to charge them extra? Are you going to offer refunds to customers who fell for your deception? Besides, you are still responsible for lost or damaged shipments, whether customers buy insurance or not. The purpose of insurance is to protect the seller, not the buyer.

Mike wrote:

"Since this upholds our end of the transactional requirement by proving that the order was mailed and delivered...."

If you have to prove that the order was delivered, then this contradicts your stated policy that you are not responsible for lost packages. So, which is it, Mike?

2) You have not offered any kind of documentation that you are not making money off your "insurance." Who are you buying it from, and where are the published rates?

3) The consensus among buyers on the Internet is that sellers who have policies like yours are bad news and should be avoided. You have also not provided any documentation that your "policy" is valid according to U.S. commercial law.

If you want to play the victim, go right ahead. But your unapologetic dishonesty speaks for itself. My attack against you is not personal--I just don't like to see companies get away with defrauding customers.

As far as my identity goes, Dave's Garden is smart enough to protect those who leave feedback. Why would anybody want to leave honest negative feedback if they felt they could be retaliated against by the company? Most people that I know don't use their real names when they leave feedback on the Internet--that doesn't mean that their comments are not honest or valid. It's the same reason many people call 911 to report crimes but don't leave their names--they don't want the criminal coming after them too. So, please don't think that playing the victim is going to work for you here.

One more point.

Mike wrote:

"Although in no way constructive, your feedback did prompt me to revisit this package insurance service and I did take the time to clarify the statements about the 'Additional Package Insurance' on the checkout page. I will also be working on making the policy even clearer to avoid this issue from arising in the future."

Why would you need to clarify anything if there was never any problem in the first place? So, you obviously realized that something needs to be changed.

As for changing my rating, you must be joking. At the very least, you would first have to apologize profusely for your deception and then offer refunds to anyone who might have been affected by it.
Company representative comment on September 23, 2014:
On Sep 20, 2014 4:39 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for your interest in the Victory Seed Company but I wish that you had gotten to know us a bit, or at least attempted to talk to me about the policy that you have issues with prior to making false accusations and incorrect assumptions. I take great pride in our company and in the service that we provide to both the gardening as well as the seed saving communities.

When you visit the website of any company or organization and read their policies, you can bet that they are borne out of some specific experience. In the case of the policy that you are having issues with, sadly, not everyone in this world is honest, moral or ethical. If we did not have policies like this, there are people that perform the electronic equivalent of \"shoplifting.\" And since we are a mom and pop, not a big box corporation, we just cannot absorb that kind of loss.

That said, yes we do offer optional insurance. Yes it is real. Yes it is cheap (we purchase it through our postage provider and offer it at our cost ... it is NOT a profit generator for us ... just a service for our customers that regularly experience mail theft in their location). Yes it is cheaper that what a person is charged at the post office. And the reality is, very few people ever opt for it and it is never an issue.

In a nutshell, please do give us a chance to be your garden seed provider ... all these other folks on here the Garden Watchdog are a good testimony to what we do and how we serve them year in and year out.

Thank you again for your interest in the Victory Seed Company and I look forward to being of service to you in the near future. ~Mike

On Sep 23, 2014 12:11 PM, Victory Seed Company added:

“Rissole,” I am sorry, that I have not replied to you in a manner that you deem as timely. You seem to have much more free time on your hands than I. It is harvest season right now and as a seedsman and farmer, I am actively working to preserve rare seed varieties and trying to beat the fall rainy season. I just don't get much time in the office during this time of year but obviously I needed to take the time to nip this post in the bud.

I attempted to find you in our customer database to see if I could determine why you have chosen to launch this slanderous attack upon myself and the Victory Seed Company. While you hide behind a pseudonym and list a town where you no longer live (this fact based on what you stated in a post made elsewhere on GWD), I have no clue who you are and therefore no idea what the basis of your grievance is in regards to.

However, I can address your attempt at fabricating an issue that is based upon your incorrect interpretation of facts. The simple truths are that (1) no package protection problem exists and (2) the foundation of your whole, four day rant is invalid.

Firstly, this OPTIONAL service that we offer to our customers is just that. Our customers are not stupid and in nearly twenty years of supplying seeds to our gardening supporters, you are the first person to take issue with this service. From your ranting, it is obvious that you do not understand the basic concept about how this type of service works or that there are option available in the marketplace different from the one that you fixated on and incorrectly decided that we are using.

Your initial basis for this whole post was that you somehow determined that because the USPS charges the retail public some published amount for a similar service, that we are somehow defrauding folks because we quote a cheaper rate. If you actually took the time to get to know us, read the experiences that other folks have had, read about our mission, etc., you would know that we are a mission-driven, not fiscally motivated, organization.

The bottom line is that no one has EVER paid us for package coverage and not received their seeds!!! If they had, they would be the ones posting here. So my question to you is, what is your motive for your slanderous behavior? I know for a fact that you have not been defrauded by us! I honestly do not follow your reasoning about how you can interpret our passing a savings on to our gardening friends (customers) as being deceptive!

Yes, Priority Mail and Express Mail include some basic coverage from the USPS. This is very public information. You know this, I know this, and since the USPS advertises it, everybody knows this? In addition, this fact is clearly stated in the checkout process on our site. People that choose to use Priority Mail for their shipping option rarely if ever chooses to purchase the optional coverage. But it is available to those folks that want it for smaller First Class mailings or larger orders exceeding the USPS coverage.

As far as our policies are concerned, every business has them and ours are very typical within the mail-order industry. Most of ours have been adopted from other organizations and evolved over the years as times have changed. It is necessary for organizations and businesses to have them and yes, they are enforceable. We are thankfully not required to have the same policies as the giant “Big Box” stores because if we did, ultimately consumers would be left with only large corporations with which to do business. Small organizations simply cannot absorb the fraud that the large corporations experience (and then pass the losses on to their paying customers).

In your last post you suddenly took on the persona of a lawyer but again, your assumptions make your conclusions very wrong. When you choose to enter into a transaction with any business, you are doing so in agreement with, among other things, contract law and their policies. If you don't like a company's policy, rational people simply contact the company and ask for clarification, or move on and do business elsewhere. But I do want to address the policy that you seem to be taking issue with and perhaps clear it up for you . . .

All business transactions take place between multiple parties, each with their own set of responsibilities. In the case of mail-order, the seller (me) has the responsibility of shipping what was purchased, in a timely manner, at the price that was agreed upon during the sale. The customer is required to provide an address that can safely receive packages and to collect their mail on a timely basis. (By the way, this later bit is why people who do live in areas where mail theft is prevalent often choose to use the optional package insurance.)

To protect ourselves, when we purchase the postage for the packages that we mail, we are also purchasing proof of shipping / tracking. This subsequently provides proof of delivery so that we know when our customers receive their orders. Since this upholds our end of the transactional requirement by proving that the order was mailed and delivered, we never have an issue with credit card charge-backs with folks.

The bottom line is that your attack on the integrity of myself and the hard-earned reputation of the Victory Seed Company are unfounded and very slanderous and I do take this offense both personally and seriously. I know that there are all kinds of people in the world and believe that everyone has the occasional bad day, but I just find it hard to comprehend why someone would handle themselves in the way that you have chosen to.

It is unfortunate that you chose to use Dave’s Garden Watchdog in this manner (and I hope that they address this accordingly). It is actually a great resource for consumers but intended as a forum for sharing thoughts about companies based on real, actual, personal experience. This out-of-control rambling of yours would have best been handled by simply emailing and asking me your questions or expressing your concerns up front. I am always happy to chat with folks about anything and to fix problems that may exist.

Every aspect of our organization is supporter-driven. That is, after nearly two decades of doing this seed variety preservation work, our web site, the varieties that we offer, our policies, and yes, even the optional services that we offer, are all based on customer feedback.

Although in no way constructive, your feedback did prompt me to revisit this package insurance service and I did take the time to clarify the statements about the “Additional Package Insurance” on the checkout page. I will also be working on making the policy even clearer to avoid this issue from arising in the future.

I really do hope that I have addressed all of your concerns and that you have a change of heart and see fit to either delete or change your rating. With the actual facts now aired, at least the gardening public will understand what has transpired here.

With Sincere Regards,

Mike Dunton
Founder, Farmer, President

Positive HawaiianViking
96816,
United States (Zone 13a)
June 8, 2014
Great! I'm a Victory Seed Company repeat customer, and very pleased with my purchases. There's so much to like about this company: the selection, the philosophy, the attractive prices, the unique packaging. I've never liked tomatoes until I tried Livingston's Magnus tomato sold by Victory Seed Company — a revelatory experience! If you've never liked tomatoes, try this one. Mahalo Victory!
Company representative comment on June 12, 2014:
On Jun 12, 2014 10:13 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

That is awesome that your new favorite tomato is from the collection of one of my heroes, A. W. Livingston. Thank you for taking the time to share here at the Garden Watchdog! ~Mike

Positive Clary
Lewisburg, PA (Zone 6b)
May 31, 2014
Excellent selection of fresh heirloom non-GMO seeds.
Company representative comment on May 31, 2014:
On May 31, 2014 12:07 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for sharing, Clary. And thank you also for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your orders. ~Mike

Positive devinevegan
Igo, CA (Zone 9a)
May 13, 2014
Great company with lots of offerings. No hybrids, or treated seeds which is a plus. I ordered a few seeds and was pleased with the quick shipment and quality seed packaging and seeds. Will order from again.
Company representative comment on May 13, 2014:
On May 13, 2014 1:20 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for taking the time to detail your purchase experience from us. We greatly appreciate your kudos and look forward to being of service to you in the future! Have a great gardening season. ~Mike

Positive HuguetteAllen
Lumby Rural in BC v0e 2g6,
Canada
March 24, 2014
It is 2 years in a row that I order from Victory Seeds and am always pleased at their excellent and fast service and also at the variety of seeds they carry. I had been looking everywhere in British Columbia for Birdfoot Trefoil - a pretty yellow flower that can be used as feed - and could not find it anywhere. What a thrill to see it at Victory Seeds!

Also the 2 types of cabbages - all seasons and Brunswick - I grew last year from Victory seeds turned out really well. I now buy all the seeds I don't save myself from them. It's great to know they are open pollinated and grows organically even though they don't say "certified organic" because so many seeds now contain systemic pesticides.
Company representative comment on May 11, 2014:
On May 11, 2014 8:22 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for your continued support of our seed variety preservation work with your orders and for taking the time to share your comments here. Both are greatly appreciated! Have a great gardening season and we hope to be of service to you for years to come! ~Mike

Positive SHELBYCOREALTOR
Fairfield, AL
March 14, 2014
Purchased several tomatos seeds early last year. I failed to plant them and forgot about them. 17 days ago I found them unopened in a sealed plastic bag in a spare bedroom. Since I failed to follow directions to properly store them I didn't expect any thing to grow. I planted 3 different types of seeds. I was surprised that 2 of the 3 all are about 3 inches seedlings. The other type has a a few still trying. The seeds arrived quickly. I will order from them again.
Company representative comment on March 14, 2014:
On Mar 14, 2014 9:47 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

I am glad that you found your seeds and sowed them. I am sure that they are happy to get growing for you :) Thank you again for your support and have a great gardening season. We look forward to being of service to you in the future. ~Mike

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.