The scoop on 'Victory Seed Company'

Victory Seed Company

Victory Seed Company has 498 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Victory Seed Company is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

Molalla, Oregon 97038 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: $2 (refundable with 1st order)

» Like them on Facebook

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Company Comment, posted on January 7, 2013:
Our roots can be traced back to 1909 when Victor H. Dunton established a farm to support his family and to serve our local community of Liberal, Oregon. Building upon our ancestor’s efforts, the Victory Seed Company was organized in 1998 on Victor's farm. Using the power of the internet, the community that we now serve is global.

The Victory Seed Company remains an independent, farm-based, family owned and operated organization working to protect threatened seed varieties from becoming extinct. We work with cherished family heirlooms, rare old commercial releases, as well as newer interesting varieties - some of which we ourselves have released. Regardless of their histories, all of the seeds which we offer are open-pollinated, non-hybrid, non-GMO and not chemically treated.

Our mission is focused on cultivar accuracy, seed quality, customer support and of course, keeping these vegetable, herb, and flower seeds available to our home gardening supporters. It is through the support of your purchases that we are able to continue our seed variety preservation work. We also support the work of many charitable organizations by annually donating thousands of dollars worth of seeds for their outreach and educational programs.

Along with our secure online seed store and shopping cart system (http://www.VictorySeeds.com), we have an informational web site (http://www.VintageVeggies.com) that provides seed saving, general gardening and other related information. As a personal "pet project," Mike has been working on a historical horticulture informational site at http://www.SaveSeeds.org. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/VictorySeeds/ or read our blog at http://www.vintageveggies.com/blog/. We hope that you will stop by one of our web resources and get to know us better. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Gardening Success to You!

Mike Dunton
(Great-grandson of Victor H. Dunton)

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive HawaiianViking
Honolulu, HI (Zone 13a)
June 8, 2014
Great! I'm a Victory Seed Company repeat customer, and very pleased with my purchases. There's so much to like about this company: the selection, the philosophy, the attractive prices, the unique packaging. I've never liked tomatoes until I tried Livingston's Magnus tomato sold by Victory Seed Company — a revelatory experience! If you've never liked tomatoes, try this one. Mahalo Victory!
Company representative comment on June 12, 2014:
On Jun 12, 2014 10:13 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

That is awesome that your new favorite tomato is from the collection of one of my heroes, A. W. Livingston. Thank you for taking the time to share here at the Garden Watchdog! ~Mike

Positive Clary
Lewisburg, PA (Zone 6b)
May 31, 2014
Excellent selection of fresh heirloom non-GMO seeds.
Company representative comment on May 31, 2014:
On May 31, 2014 12:07 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for sharing, Clary. And thank you also for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your orders. ~Mike

Positive devinevegan
Igo, CA (Zone 9a)
May 13, 2014
Great company with lots of offerings. No hybrids, or treated seeds which is a plus. I ordered a few seeds and was pleased with the quick shipment and quality seed packaging and seeds. Will order from again.
Company representative comment on May 13, 2014:
On May 13, 2014 1:20 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for taking the time to detail your purchase experience from us. We greatly appreciate your kudos and look forward to being of service to you in the future! Have a great gardening season. ~Mike

Positive Lozo
Fort Wayne, IN
May 11, 2014
Ordered my seeds on the 6th and got them on the 10th. Well packed and adequate info on the packages for planting and care.. I like!!!
Company representative comment on May 11, 2014:
On May 11, 2014 8:19 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for the feedback, Lozo. I try and cram as much info as possible onto the packets. If you have other questions, there is typically more information on the VictorySeeds.com site and for more regionally specific help, I have been working on a "side project" at http://www.WebGrower.com. Thank you again for sharing your experiences with other gardeners here at the Garden Watchdog and for helping to support our preservation work with your orders. Best Regards, ~Mike

Positive HuguetteAllen
Lumby Rural in BC v0e 2g6
Canada
March 24, 2014
It is 2 years in a row that I order from Victory Seeds and am always pleased at their excellent and fast service and also at the variety of seeds they carry. I had been looking everywhere in British Columbia for Birdfoot Trefoil - a pretty yellow flower that can be used as feed - and could not find it anywhere. What a thrill to see it at Victory Seeds!

Also the 2 types of cabbages - all seasons and Brunswick - I grew last year from Victory seeds turned out really well. I now buy all the seeds I don't save myself from them. It's great to know they are open pollinated and grows organically even though they don't say "certified organic" because so many seeds now contain systemic pesticides.
Company representative comment on May 11, 2014:
On May 11, 2014 8:22 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for your continued support of our seed variety preservation work with your orders and for taking the time to share your comments here. Both are greatly appreciated! Have a great gardening season and we hope to be of service to you for years to come! ~Mike

Positive SHELBYCOREALTOR
Fairfield, AL
March 14, 2014
Purchased several tomatos seeds early last year. I failed to plant them and forgot about them. 17 days ago I found them unopened in a sealed plastic bag in a spare bedroom. Since I failed to follow directions to properly store them I didn't expect any thing to grow. I planted 3 different types of seeds. I was surprised that 2 of the 3 all are about 3 inches seedlings. The other type has a a few still trying. The seeds arrived quickly. I will order from them again.
Company representative comment on March 14, 2014:
On Mar 14, 2014 9:47 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

I am glad that you found your seeds and sowed them. I am sure that they are happy to get growing for you :) Thank you again for your support and have a great gardening season. We look forward to being of service to you in the future. ~Mike

Positive suzy_qu3
East Chatham, NY
March 10, 2014
I have ordered from these folks for a couple of years. They send out the order quickly and the seeds are good quality. Their catalog has really expanded over the years and you can find a lot of interesting varieties. They have a new rewards system where you earn points for purchasing and commenting. I look forward to earning some store credit. There is some vintage gardening information and seed saving resources available as well. I feel good about supporting this company.
Company representative comment on March 10, 2014:
On Mar 10, 2014 9:52 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for the great review, Suzy_Qu3. I just want to point out that yes, every year we are able to protect and offer more and more seed varieties to gardeners. And we couldn't do this kind of preservation without partners like you that support us from year to year! Thank you. ~Mike

Positive Sunsi
Martville, NY
February 3, 2014
I've been doing business with Victory Seeds for the last few years and always receive my order fast, I've never experienced a problem with an order mix up or seeds not germinating. I've put a lot of trust in this company because they've been around so long and my own personal experience confirms why.
Company representative comment on February 3, 2014:
On Feb 4, 2014 12:12 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Sunsi,

I loved your review. It is awesome on a couple of levels.

Firstly, we do operate the Victory Seed Company using old-fashioned values where our word, reputation, and relationships are everything. We know that people have nearly unlimited choices in where to buy seeeds. But seeds are all about faith and trust -- faith that they will actually grow, and trust that they are what the merchant says they are -- and we take both seriously.

And for me, although it seems like just yesterday that we took over the management of our family's farm, as you pointed out, it has been a fair number of years ago. This has only been possible by the support and partnership of folks like you. Thank you again for your kind words and your continued support.

Positive appmom
Clemmons, NC
February 3, 2014
Victory Seed has become my go to seed resource. I have been ordering from them for several years. They mail my order quickly and I am always pleased with the seed and the harvest they produce. Their website is easy to navigate and they have a great seed catalog as well!
Company representative comment on February 3, 2014:
On Feb 3, 2014 2:12 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for your review and especially for allowing us to be part of your annual gardening efforts. We greatly appreciate your support and look forward to being of service for many years to come! ~Mike

Positive natrunner
Allentown, PA (Zone 6a)
January 31, 2014
Posted on January 31, 2014, updated January 31, 2014
I placed my order online on a Friday night, and I received my seeds on the following Wednesday afternoon - 3 business days to PA! I'm impressed with the prompt filling and mailing of my order as I usually wait longer for orders from other seed companies on the East coast. I really enjoy Oxheart varieties, so I am looking forward to growing (and eating!) your giant pink and yellow Livingston Oxhearts this coming summer.

On January 31st, 2014, natrunner added the following:

Company representative comment on February 1, 2014:
On Feb 1, 2014 8:41 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for the nice post! It is greatly appreciated. We work hard at getting folks' orders filled and sent out quickly and it is always nice when the USPS is quick too . . . even with the bad weather this past week. Thank you again. ~Mike

Positive Les52
Welwyn Garden City
United Kingdom
January 28, 2014
Posted on January 26, 2014, updated January 28, 2014
Posted on January 26, 2014, updated January 26, 2014
Found Victory Seeds on line as I was looking for some unusual things to grow, unusual for the UK that is.

Very clear website with great information and very easy ordering process, especially as I was ordering from outside of the USA
On January 26th, 2014, Les52 added the following:

Seeds arrived in a very timely fashion yesterday, 25th Jan.
Lover the simple and concise instruction on the seed packets.

I will be growing these alongside other open pollinated seeds bought from my regular supplier here in the UK, The Real Seed Company, based in Wales, and some other seed I bought from New Hope Seeds in Tennessee.

I grow on my Allotment (separate land from my House garden) in the town I live in which is about 26 miles north of London...but feels like a different world!!

I will feed back on the success or otherwise....but I am confident.
Really looking forward to saving the seeds from this crop and rest assured, as Chairman of our Allotment Association, that I will spread the gospel according to Victory Seeds here in the UK.

Best wishes

Les
On January 28th, 2014, Les52 added the following:

Indeed on the challenge.
I am going to grow the Peppers half in a Polytunnel on site and half out once they have got going.

On the Southern Pea. Indeed. But I am going to get them going in the tunnel and plant out later than normal when warmth will be (or not, this is the UK after all) at its peak.

Anyway, good stuff... I will keep you posted.
Company representative comment on January 27, 2014:
On Jan 26, 2014 11:02 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Les,

Thank you so much for your order and for spreading the word about us in your part of the world. It is greatly appreciated.

I am very impressed regarding your commitment to gardening. I live for getting my hands in the soil but driving 26 miles to the garden? Wow!

I am looking forward to your garden report. Some of the varieties that you are trying may be challenging for your area. Your climate is fairly comparable to mine here in Oregon (right?) so 'Peter' peppers and the Southern peas may take some babying.

On Jan 27, 2014 10:12 AM, Victory Seed Company added:

P.S. - Oops . . . I can read . . . I realize that you are saying that your garden is in your town (still no less a commitment). I will blame my mistake on working too late at night and being blurry eyed :) ~Mike

Positive 8209
Louisville, KY (Zone 6b)
January 26, 2014
I recently ordered some edamame soybeans from Victory and received them in a very short timeframe. They were well packaged and have good instructions with them. I would recommend this company to my friends. David Tucker 8209.
Company representative comment on January 26, 2014:
On Jan 26, 2014 10:42 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hello David, Soy bean variety preservation is one of our newer areas of focus. I look forward to hearing your garden report. Thank you recommending us to your friends, for telling others about us here on the Garden Watchdog, and for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your orders. It is all greatly appreciated. Best Regards, ~Mike

Positive RosemaryKelley
Ewing, IL
January 14, 2014
I ordered seeds in 2012 from Victory Seeds as well as another on line heirloom seed company. I had the greatest success from Victory Seeds. I start most of my seeds indoors under grow lights and have had excellent germination rates from Victory Seeds. I am ordering all my seeds from Victory this year. I enjoy the reviews section for each seed listed because I use this info to help me determine what will grow best in my area as well as get ideas for new things I want to grow. I am an avid canner and like any info about canning/freezing that people leave for a particular variety. This year I sat down and left reviews for the seeds I grew last year. Please remember to do this-I know it takes time but it is very helpful for other customers! I have had to e-mail Victory Seeds with questions or help and they answer very quickly and are very friendly.The seeds are shipped quickly and I am a customer for life.
On Jan 14, 2014 3:48 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for taking the time to not only tell other folks about your experience with us and the performance of the seeds that we offer, but also for sharing all of the great observations about the varieties that you grew. Reviews really do help to make the site even more informative and useful for everyone. Thank you again for your comments and for your support of our seed variety preservation work! ~Mike

Positive SEEDSOFCHANGE14
SEWELL, NJ
January 10, 2014
Hello,
Last year I ordered just a few different kinds of tobacco seed from VICTORY SEED CO knowing very little about either. I started the microscopic seeds indoors and to my surprise they germinated well, thrived and were eventually transplanted outdoors and I was blessed with a full crop of New Jersey Grown Tobacco (yes - you heard that right) which I subsequently dried, cured, rolled and smoked for my 1st all natural home grown NJ cigar as well as NJ pipe tobacco. I quit smoking many years ago and only grew this crop of tobacco simply as a gardiner's experiment for simply proving that it could in fact be done here in NJ. I smoked a few samples to conclude that it was in fact smokeable/enjoyable product. I had such great success with last years tobacco experiment that I came back for a second year and decided to ditch the big name GMO seed companies for all of my vegetable seeds and go strictly with VICTORY SEEDS and pursue plants/vegetables/herbs..etc that I could in fact plant, grow, eat, preserve, enjoy and also do my part to preserve rare and threatened plant varieties (similar to the concept of growing NJ tobacco:)

In an attempt to shake off this winter's cold and think spring, I placed my spring seed order on 1/4/14 with VICTORY SEED CO. It arrived today, 1/10/14 and the entire order of over 100+ seed packets, almost all different varieties for each pack, was 100% spot on correct!

I am thrilled to have such great service, quality seeds that produce quality plants and know that I can count on VICTORY SEEDS for all my vegetable and herb seed needs. I am also happy to know that I am helping VICTORY SEED CO. to preserve rare and threatened plant varieties for all to enjoy.

Happy Gardening To All!
Mark W. from NJ
(I'm gonna need a bigger garden)
On Jan 14, 2014 4:05 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Wow, Mark! Thank you for the awesome information about your gardening successes this past year and thank you for choosing us as your seed supplier. We will do our best to continue to live up to your praise.

I would also like to thank you for doing your "part to preserve rare and threatened plant varieties." It is a statement that I use a lot but I really want to thank you for actually understanding the important role that gardeners assume in the preservation work. VSC can find, grow, document, and re-release varieties all we want, but it really does take folks like you, choosing to purchase seeds from us, to fund the work. As important, growing them in your garden ensures that the varieties are protected. Seeds sitting in vials in freezers still eventually die. They must all be grown and spread far and wide to really be safe.

Thank you again!

Positive Sherilou
Panhandle Gulf Coast, FL (Zone 8b)
January 5, 2014
Terrific seeds with some great super-rare varieties! Wonderful customer service. I love that they do so much conservation work as well.
On Jan 14, 2014 3:50 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for taking the time to share the nice feedback. It is always great to hear from folks that the preservation work that we do is appreciated. Thank you again for supporting our work with your orders and recommendations and we look forward to being of continued service to you. ~Mike

Positive Reversemidas
Vienna, VA (Zone 7a)
November 9, 2013
I received my order very prompt with the week. Pretty good shipping from North west to East coast. Very fast. I look forward to trying out the seeds but have to wait for Spring. Yes I have the gardening itch during the winter and start ordering some seeds before the online rush. Each seed pack comes in green colored packet with large type stick-on label that provides name, species and other common names, growing instructions , etc. Also a bit of interesting info about the seed. Very informative on the other side of the seed packet as well about keeping seeds and other website info URL too. I look forward to providing another positive feedback when it's time to sow.
Company representative comment on November 10, 2013:
On Nov 10, 2013 1:28 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you, Reversemidas for taking the time to leave the nice review of our order fulfillment process and packaging. It is always great to hear when our efforts are appreciated! We look forward to being of future service and trust that your spring garden will be great. ~Mike

Positive merryweather
Newberg, OR
October 11, 2013
Posted on December 10, 2011, updated October 12, 2013
Posted on January 27, 2009, updated December 10, 2011
Originally I chose Victory Seeds because it was one of the companies operating in Oregon where I live. After growing their seeds for a couple of years, I find myself leaning in their direction when I'm looking for dependability--excellent germination rates, vigorous growth, and uniformity of product true to the original description. Last Fall, In a moment of panic about our economy, I considered how to be best prepared. I decided to order all my basics from Victory so I could at least be assured of having a good garden. They arrived almost immediately and I tucked them away like the little treasures that they are.
On December 9th, 2011, Chamelaux added the following:

I just want to add that the garden was fabulous, as expected. We have the best stock of winter food of anyone I know. I have also added the saving of some of my own seed this year, such a wonderful gift from the earth. Thank you, Victory, for making this kind of seed available that returns true each year. I've just completed another order, including red worms, and I know I'd better get ready because orders from Victory come at lightening speed.
On October 11th, 2013, Chamelaux added the following:

Well, here it is, the harvest of another year and I'm singing the praises of Victory Seed Company with food stored everywhere, much given away, and beans still being picked and dried. I appreciate learning new things from their website and emails. This year they made it so easy to get going on the winter garden that is now growing strong. I'm definitely going to take advantage of the 10% off sale on 2013 seeds. With the fantastic germination rate I've learned to expect from Victory Seeds, they'll be well worth it!!!
Company representative comment on October 11, 2013:
On Oct 11, 2013 9:57 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Chamelaux,

Thank you so much for all of the great feedback. It is always nice to hear that our efforts are appreciated. It is also awesome to hear success stories from folks like you who have committed some of their time towards producing food for their table, as well as others. In this modern age, when governments and large corporations are constantly trying to convince us otherwise, food is still an inalienable right . . . and raising even a small portion of our personal diets keeps us grounded (quite literally :) ). Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences with other gardeners on this public forum and especially thank you for continuing to support our seed variety preservation work with your orders!

Positive Greekgod
Kefalonia (island)
Greece
August 29, 2013
Mike Dunton took time out of his busy day to correct a very stupid mistake I made. It concerned a small order, and I am not a regular customer, but he treated me as a very valued customer all the same. No wonder the company is in DG's Top 30! It is a pleasure doing business with them.
Company representative comment on August 29, 2013:
On Aug 29, 2013 4:43 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Wow, Greekgod! Thank you for the nice feedback. I am always glad to be of service to folks and it is really nice to hear when efforts are appreciated! I look forward to being of service in the future. ~Mike

Positive rosewylde
Siler City, NC
July 4, 2013
This company carries some very obscure tomato varieties, and I was able to find the Livingston introductions that I was looking for. They shipped very promptly. In addition the seed envelopes are very informative. Also, their shipping fee is very low--thanks so much!!
Company representative comment on July 4, 2013:
On Jul 4, 2013 2:10 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience with us and also for noticing the work that we do, specifically with tomatoes. It is greatly appreciated.

I am not sure if you saw it on our site, but resurrecting the "Livingston Collection" has been a decades long project (passion) of mine. When I started this work, very few of the varieties were available. But after many years of working with collectors, preservationists and government seed banks, we are now able to offer the collection you found on our site.

Thank you again for supporting our seed variety preservation work with your orders and for your feedback here.

Positive nutfieldmom
Allenstown, NH
June 28, 2013
I stumbled apon Victory seed about 10 years ago while trying to locate seeds for Orange King tomato, developed by UNH . I live in NH and couldn't locate any. I got my first catalog and seed order that year. Much to my surprise every seed I started grew! It is still one of my favorite tomatoes (great color, flavor, and dependable production) I have ordered many more tomatoes and hard to locate shell beans from Victory every year since. Every seed always grows. The packaging is outstanding and well labeled.The website is well illustrated with good descriptions. I grew tomatoes this year from 5 yr old seed with the same results. I grow 85 -100 tomato plants a year and the only seeds I cant get from Victory are the few hybrids I grow because of their disease resistance here. It's better to have some mediocre tomatoes than no tomatoes when blight strikes NE. I am trying 6 of the Dwarf Tomato Project varieties and so far they are doing very well.Best seed company hands down!
Company representative comment on June 29, 2013:
On Jun 29, 2013 2:16 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi nutfieldmom! Thank you so much for your kind words. Not only is it cool to hear that the work that we do is appreciated, it is awesome to hear from someone who has been a longtime supporter. We are in this work for the long haul, not short-term gain, which allows us to focus on providing the highest quality seeds that nature and biology allow. Have a great gardening season and we look forward to being "your" seed company for many more years to come. ~Mike

Positive rushheath
Tulsa, OK (Zone 6b)
May 30, 2013
Prompt and excellent service:) I highly recommend ordering from them:):)
Company representative comment on June 14, 2013:
On Jun 14, 2013 2:13 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Rushheath . . . Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Along with your support, it is greatly appreciated! Have a great gardening season. ~Mike

Positive flowergirlmaria
North Zanesville, OH
April 16, 2013
I am very pleased with the varieties available through Victory Seed. Their website is informative and easy to navigate, and the plant descriptions were helpful when it felt like I'd been reading and comparing for hours. My seeds were packaged securely and shipped quickly. I have planted about 8 varieties of vegetables so far and all have germinated well, close to 100%, and are thriving. I will definitely be a repeat customer!
Company representative comment on April 17, 2013:
On Apr 17, 2013 9:30 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi FlowerGirlMaria,

Thank you for your feedback on our web site and our seed quality. Both are areas where we strive to be the best and you noticing is greatly appreciated. Have a great gardening season and we look forward to being of service to you in the future!

Positive Willendorf
Palouse, WA
April 13, 2013
My order shipped faster than promised, arriving perfectly packaged, with great attention to detail. The packing slip and rubber bands were used to make a neat package that slid out easily and cleanly.

Seed packets have complete directions on how to raise the plants. In 40 years of gardening I've never seen that much information on a seed packet. Not just starting and thinning directions.

Germination rates are high.

Everything I can see as a customer indicates this company is dedicated to quality.
Company representative comment on April 13, 2013:
On Apr 13, 2013 11:53 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for leaving such a thorough review based on your many years of experience. We work hard at all of those little details that you mentioned and it is always nice to hear when they are appreciated. Thank you again for supporting our seed variety preservation work with your orders and for sharing us with the gardening community. ~Mike

Positive nicomyth
Toccoa, GA
April 10, 2013
I actually ordered from this company 2 years ago but I wanted to rate them. I was very pleased with my seed purchases and the germination/health of the seeds was very high. I would recommend them to anyone looking for rare heirlooms or open-pollinated varieties.
Company representative comment on April 10, 2013:
On Apr 10, 2013 11:57 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Nicomyth . . . Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with other gardeners. We really appreciate your recommendation and your support of our seed variety preservation work with your orders. We look forward to being of service to you in the future. Best Regards, Mike

Positive ohiomj
Bloomingdale, OH
April 9, 2013
I placed an order with victoryseeds.com.

I am very pleased to say the order was here earlier than expected. I had some concerns & left a phone message. They replied within a few days to my email account, exactly as their site indicated they would.

The germination rate of the seeds had to be close to 100%!

I recommend this site to my family/friends and look forward to doing business with them in the future.

Mary
Company representative comment on April 9, 2013:
On Apr 9, 2013 10:09 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Mary,

As a small organization with a limited budget for marketing, we greatly appreciate your word of mouth recommendations to your family and friends and for taking the time to also share us with strangers here on the Garden Watchdog.

You also brought up a good point about communications . . . Since we are small, our resources are stretched thin in every direction. We do not have the staffing to man the phone but we do try and respond to folks' voice and email messages very quickly. Phones are inherently limited by time zones so email tends to be the fastest since I can reply to them at all hours of the day or night.

Thank you again for supporting our seed variety preservation work, financially with your orders, as well as through your recommendations!

Best,

Positive kattrox
Floyds Knobs, IN (Zone 6b)
April 7, 2013
This company has alot of fun varieties of vegetable seed that I have not found elsewhere ie: Jimmy Joe tomato, Truckers Favorite tomato (which has become my favorite too) :) Seeds germinated well this year Muncher Cucumber in one day! Fantastic!
Emails answered very quickly and professionally. I can recommend this company Thanks so much! Keep the fun coming!

Company representative comment on April 8, 2013:
On Apr 8, 2013 8:40 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Kattrox . . . Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here and for bringing up a great point about gardening . . . . that it should be fun! Gardening Success to You! ~Mike

Positive roger411
East Dundee, IL
April 6, 2013
I STARTED ORDERING FROM VICTORY'S SEED CATALOG ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO. THIS WAS PRIOR TO THEIR INFORMATIVE WEBSITE. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD PROMPT SERVICE AND RECEIVED PERFECT DELIVERIES.
MY RECENT ORDER WAS PLACED ON APRIL 1 AND I RECEIVED IT APRIL 4, JUST IN TIME FOR STARTING MY PLANTS INSIDE AS OUR AREA'S LAST FROST IS MID TO END OF MAY.
EACH SEED PACKET INCLUDES THE NUMBER OF DAYS TO GERMINATION AND THE NUMBER DAYS TO HARVEST; PLANTING INSTRUCTIONS AND A DESCRIPTION OF THE PLANT'S PRODUCE.
SEEDS ARE WELL PACKAGED AND EACH SEED GROWS. VIRTUALLY 100% GERMINATION. I AM HAPPY WITH THE SEEDS AND SERVICE.
Company representative comment on April 6, 2013:
On Apr 6, 2013 9:16 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Roger411,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback and for helping to support our seed variety preservation work this past decade. We feel honored to have such an amazing group of gardening friends, like you, that appreciate what we do and choose to entrust their gardens to Victory Seeds®. This is our motivation for working so hard to get orders out quickly and to provide the highest quality of seeds possible. Thank you again!

Positive cramblettgranny
friendly, WV (Zone 6a)
April 4, 2013
I just received my order from Victory Seed Co. I am very pleased with everything I grew out from my 2012 order and I am certain this year's selections will be just as good. They kept me informed by email as to the status of my order and I received it in a very timely manner, especially since I did not order as early as I should have. This is a great company.
Company representative comment on April 4, 2013:
On Apr 4, 2013 5:10 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to let folks know how your ordering experience with us went. I just want to say that we have learned over the years that communication and keeping folks informed is so important. Thank you also for your positive report from the 2012 season and we hope that you have a great 2013!

Positive crazyquilter
Tualatin, OR
March 26, 2013
I found Victory by luck last season. I participate in a community garden and my veggies were the best I had grown in 4 years of participation. I liked the high germination rate, the intense flavor of the veggies and the opportunity to grow varieties that I had not seen before. The most impressive results came from the Cylindra beets, Tenderette green beans and Sugar Ann pea pods. I will never buy seeds from anyone else. I am trying some heirloom flower seeds this year as well. In addition to a premium product, the service is prompt and friendly.
Company representative comment on March 26, 2013:
On Mar 27, 2013 5:14 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi CrazyQuilter,

I lover your username :) Thank you for the nice feedback and I am glad that you had a great garden last year in spite of the challenging weather we had around here last year. Hopefully this summer will be even better! Thank you also for supporting our seed variety preservation work with your orders. I look forward to hearing how your garden does this year.

Mike

P.S. - If you feel so inclined, you can help make our web site even more informative for folks by going to the product pages at VictorySeeds.com for the varieties that really did well for you and leaving your feedback there. You can also contribute the same info here at Dave's Garden in the PlantScout section.

On Mar 27, 2013 8:11 AM, Victory Seed Company added:

Man . . . I have to proof posts better! I was not being fresh . . . first sentence should read, "I love your username" :)

Signed, A Blushing,

Positive Cjclemens
WHITE HEATH, IL
March 18, 2013
Ordered several varieties of peppers and tomatoes - prices were reasonable, shipping was fast, and I'm happy to report near 100% germ on everything planted. Victory Seeds has good product and great service.
Company representative comment on March 18, 2013:
On Mar 19, 2013 1:47 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Cjclemens . . . Thank you so much for sharing your feedback here. Your comments really are appreciated and along with your orders, help support the seed variety preservation work that we do. Have a great gardening season. ~Mike

Positive Amoena
Nashville, TN
March 16, 2013
Purchased four packages of heirloom tomato seeds from Victory last week, and already I'm delighted with the results.
After experiencing poor germination and poor seedling vigor from the seeds I received from two tomato specialty companies, I decided to check DavesGarden for alternatives. I'm very glad I did! Their top reviews are certainly deserved. The seeds were shipped quickly, and I have nearly 100% germination after 4 days. Great job guys!
Company representative comment on March 16, 2013:
On Mar 17, 2013 4:35 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Amoena . . . I am glad that you found and consulted Dave's Garden Watchdog and that it led you to us. GWD is a great resource for gardeners. Thank you also for taking the to make GWD even better by sharing the experience you had with using Victory Seeds®. As a small organization with limited advertising budget, we rely on word-of-mouth recommendations like yours.

Regarding seed quality and germination . . . thank you for noticing :) Obviously, biology plays a big role, but we have worked very hard over the years to perfect our processes so that we can offer folks seeds that typically exceed the set standards.

Thank you again for supporting our seed variety preservation work with your orders and for your positive feedback! ~Mike

Positive brad85
Sanger, CA (Zone 9a)
March 14, 2013
I found Victory Seeds to have a great selection of heirloom seeds. I placed my order and the seeds shipped within the time frame they stated and arrived soon after. The seeds are well packaged with planting recommendations on each package. I am very pleased with my experience. I suspect I will be a regular shopper with them. They did their part, now I have to do mine and get out in the garden. Thank you Victory Seeds.
Company representative comment on March 14, 2013:
On Mar 15, 2013 4:19 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other gardeners. We greatly appreciate it. Have a great gardening season and email me if you have any questions or if I can be of further service. Best Regards, ~Mike

Positive Giulianna
Fairfield, CA (Zone 9b)
March 11, 2013
Posted on September 23, 2012, updated March 11, 2013
Posted on September 17, 2012, updated September 24, 2012
This was my first time to order heirloom and open-pollinated seeds through mail order. I usually find most of what I want in my local stores. However, because I must container garden currently and I always do purely organic gardening...I wanted more heirloom and open-pollinated seed options. Also, I am looking to stock up on seed and save my own, for the sake of rough economic times and little faith in our politicians. I have been learning to save seeds for the last few years and thus far, it has been quite successful. :)

I am not certain as to how I stumbled onto Victory Seeds, but after reading reviews here and then finding some helpful info on their site, I chose to order some seeds for my winter garden outside and my small indoor garden I will be attempting this year to keep us in fresh produce.

The seeds arrived promptly and so far they seem to be germinating very well, just planted in my homemade mixture of potting soil and put in small starter containers out in my backyard this September.

I am now anxiously awaiting my second order from them. I did also order from another company some seeds I could not find at Victory. I will give more reviews as the seeds come in and I plant them. Thank you to all those responsible for these reviews! What a blessing.
On September 24th, 2012, Giulianna added the following:

Update: Received my 2nd order of seeds promptly, again. One thing I love about this seed company is they put the seeds inside ziploc style bags inside the seed pouch. Also they give you info on the proper technique for keeping your seeds alive. :)

My first order: The seeds are germinating beautifully. Living in Northern California, I have planted all of them into pots outdoors and they are coming up beautifully.

My second order: The ones for both my indoor and outdoor winter garden are now planted, waiting for germination, but I have no doubt they will.

I plan to order my spring/summer garden seeds through this company since they have given me excellent service and I share about them on Facebook, because I have friends who are now interested in organic gardening too.

On March 11th, 2013, Giulianna added the following:

Well, here it is...almost Spring. I have again ordered seeds and they showed up promptly. I planted them and must say the germination rate is EXCELLENT compared to packages of seeds I bought in the past from other companies.

Another PLUS about this company is they give advice based on scientific studies and/or personal experience on how to get seeds to germinate and thrive.

They are very friendly and make their customers feel like extended family. A wonderful operation and I am so grateful for not only Victory Seed Company, but also Dave's Garden for helping me find reputable companies in a tough economy. I will gladly continue to help support their work to help preserve plant varieties (heirloom and open-pollinated) through my purchases and word of mouth to my family and friends.
Company representative comment on January 5, 2013:
On Jan 6, 2013 5:51 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for the awesome report, Giulianna. Makes me a bit "homesick." Although I was around our family's farm where I now make home here in Oregon off and on through my childhood, and have spent more years here than any other one place, I grew up in Petaluma and really, really miss the climate down in your neck of the woods. Thank you so much for your support and for sharing us with your gardening friends here and on Facebook. It is greatly appreciated! ~Mike

Positive forestolexa
Colebrook, CT
March 8, 2013
Posted on December 6, 2012, updated March 8, 2013
Great Company to deal with!

Fast Shipping, seeds are clean and packaged well. All of the seed that I purchased germinated and produced great vegetables, I highly recommend this company.

Bill O
On March 8th, 2013, forestolexa added the following:

I tried Victory Seeds after a friend of mine suggested them several years ago. Wow, what a great company to order from. Excellent seed quality, we grew some beautiful vegetables last year. The Blue Hubbard Squash really was not only huge but tasty as well.
Company representative comment on January 5, 2013:
On Jan 6, 2013 6:14 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you, Bill. Where most folks tend to comment on our service, I am so glad that you noticed our seed. I have personally been a mail-order gardener since I was a small kid (and that goes back a lot of decades!). I have seen a lot of seed in my days and it always amazed me some to the "junk" I would get from companies . . . Even big named, nationally known ones. Actually it still does amaze me. Of course I cannot name names, but some of the stuff that I have bought looks like it just came out of the field and never went through a seed cleaner! Anyway, when starting this organization, part of our fundamental mission was established to only offer the highest quality seed possible. So along with a focus on accuracy, we always try to exceed germination standards. Thank you again for noticing and sharing. ~Mike

Positive mlg779
Buford, GA
February 28, 2013
They have seeds that i could not find anywhere else, like root celery and root parsley, seeds that I could not find anywhere after moving to US. Thank you.
Company representative comment on February 28, 2013:
On Mar 1, 2013 3:54 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

I am glad that we could be of service to you. Thank you again for your order and also for taking the time to tell people about us. Have a great gardening season! ~Mike

Positive Cville_Gardener
the Highland Rim of TN
United States (Zone 7a)
February 26, 2013
I have been pleased with ordering from this company. They have an interesting selection, fast delivery, good prices, good service. What more can you ask for?
Company representative comment on February 27, 2013:
On Feb 28, 2013 6:14 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for the recognition, Cville! It is appreciated. Have a great gardening season and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Positive wmpeebles
Spring, TX
February 19, 2013
What can I say? This company provides some of the most unique varieties of plant seed out there. I just had to order from them, and so I did.

Shipping was quick and speedy. The seeds are packaged in appropriately sized plastic bags for the number of seeds ordered and are further encased in a larger paper envelope containing seed name, information on days to germination and harvest, as well as planting instructions and information on how to harvest the the plants when they are producing. On the back on each seed envelope are directions to store the seeds in a glass jar in the refrigerator. These directions are further elaborated on a yellow sheet of paper received with the order and contains information for conducting a germinating test as well.

I am definitely pleased with my order and definitely would recommend this company to others.
Company representative comment on February 19, 2013:
On Feb 20, 2013 2:28 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you taking the time to post the nice report. We do try and ship as fast as we can and since we want folks to realize success in their gardens, we do try and include as much information as we possible. Thank you for noticing, for your nice review here, and for your word-of-mouth recommendations. Wishing you a great gardening season down there in Texas (you all are due a decent summer for a change!). ~Mike

Positive Illinoislady
Centralia, IL
February 18, 2013
I was not aware of this company until having already placed an order with another company. The other company didn't have 3 items I wanted, so I searched internet and found Victory Seed had all 3 items.
This was a very pleasant experience, especially since I had placed such a small order. Their shipping rates were very reasonable, their seed prices ditto, and my order was processed and mailed very fast. In reply to a question I had, Mike Dunston send a prompt reply. Very Impressive!
I plan to order from them again the next time I need seeds. They seem to try very hard to put themselves in the customers' shoes. I like the fact they don't deal in GMO seeds.
Lately I have read that GMO items, in addition to having genes from other plants inserted in them, unfortunately can also have genes from--believe it or not-- animals, as well as genes from viruses and bacteria. Thank goodness for companies that are avoiding the GMO items! And I am glad I found Victory Seed Co.

Company representative comment on February 18, 2013:
On Feb 19, 2013 10:02 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

I am glad that you found us Illinoislady, and thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with other gardeners. I am also glad that you noticed that we try and put ourselves in our customer's shoes. It is (sadly) kind of old-fashioned these days, but we try and live our lives, and operate our business, by the "Golden Rule." You have my email address, let me know if we can be of further service. Gardening success to you. ~Mike

Positive SueGYYC
Calgary
Canada
February 18, 2013
I have been using Victory Seeds for several years now primarily for vegetable seeds but also for annual flower seeds. They have a great selection, including rare and otherwise hard to find varieties. Of particular interest to me, they have a wide selection of vegetable seeds suitable for short growing seasons. I have had great success with bush beans here in chilly, high altitude Calgary, where many other varieties from other suppliers have utterly failed (low germination, not a single flower to set etc). Their service is excellent, the pricing competitive, their packaging informative and the seeds very high quality. I don't go anywhere else and recommend them to all my gardening friends.
Company representative comment on February 18, 2013:
On Feb 19, 2013 4:08 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you not only for the great review of our seed quality and commitment to service, but also for the report from your neck of the woods. It is always great to hear how folk's gardens do in other parts of the world. That kind of information is helpful to new gardeners and encouraging to folks who are thinking about gardening in challenging locations and climates like your. Kudos to you, by the way, for overcoming the challenges. For the sake of new gardeners reading this that might not have picked up on a good point you made, I would like to emphasize your note about choosing "seeds suitable for short growing seasons." Success in the garden does require decision making and gardeners do need to consider their climate when planing their gardens. Thank you again for the nice review and for your continued support of our seed variety preservation work with your orders! ~Mike

Positive SuchADiva
Huntsville, TX (Zone 8b)
January 14, 2013
Excellent company! I started from scratch this year, rebuiling my seed collection with only heirloom, non-gmo, preferably organic seeds. Victory Seeds was listed as a good source, so I ordered from them along with several other companies. I placed my order on the 7th of January. Victory Seeds sent me an order confirmation on the 7th, shipped on the 9th and sent me an email to notify me, and I received the order on the 11th. The seeds were beautifully packed with highly detailed planting instructions.

I couldn't be more pleased with the quality and service, and will definitely be ordering more from Victory Seeds in the future. Victory, I thank you, and my garden thanks you : )
Company representative comment on January 14, 2013:
On Jan 15, 2013 1:45 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for your kudos! I will make sure everyone here that was involved with getting your order to you reads your message. It is always great to hear when our efforts are appreciated! Have a great gardening season and we look forward to serving you in the future. ~Mike