The scoop on 'Victory Seed Company'

Victory Seed Company

Green Star: Good Victory Seed Company is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

Molalla, Oregon 97038 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: $2 (refundable with 1st order)

» Like them on Facebook

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Company Comment, posted on January 7, 2013:
Our roots can be traced back to 1909 when Victor H. Dunton established a farm to support his family and to serve our local community of Liberal, Oregon. Building upon our ancestor’s efforts, the Victory Seed Company was organized in 1998 on Victor's farm. Using the power of the internet, the community that we now serve is global.

The Victory Seed Company remains an independent, farm-based, family owned and operated organization working to protect threatened seed varieties from becoming extinct. We work with cherished family heirlooms, rare old commercial releases, as well as newer interesting varieties - some of which we ourselves have released. Regardless of their histories, all of the seeds which we offer are open-pollinated, non-hybrid, non-GMO and not chemically treated.

Our mission is focused on cultivar accuracy, seed quality, customer support and of course, keeping these vegetable, herb, and flower seeds available to our home gardening supporters. It is through the support of your purchases that we are able to continue our seed variety preservation work. We also support the work of many charitable organizations by annually donating thousands of dollars worth of seeds for their outreach and educational programs.

Along with our secure online seed store and shopping cart system (http://www.VictorySeeds.com), we have an informational web site (http://www.VintageVeggies.com) that provides seed saving, general gardening and other related information. As a personal "pet project," Mike has been working on a historical horticulture informational site at http://www.SaveSeeds.org. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/VictorySeeds/ or read our blog at http://www.vintageveggies.com/blog/. We hope that you will stop by one of our web resources and get to know us better. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Gardening Success to You!

Mike Dunton
(Great-grandson of Victor H. Dunton)

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive garyj59
Sheboygan, WI (Zone 5a)
May 21, 2017
Received my first order in March and planted May11th and had an excellent germination rate, a lot better than seeds bought in retail stores in my area. Below are the seeds I planted.

Cherry Belle Radish
Sparkler Radish
White Delicatesse Kohl Rabi
Sugar Snap Pea
Positive monkeynaz
Anthem, AZ
May 16, 2017
A family member introduced me to this company. Placed the initial order for me and I must say I am very pleased. Fast shipping/ great customer service. I have the seeds started right now under my grow light and so far everything seems to be sprouting nicely.

I will be ordering from this company more often. Thank you
Positive eagnesfontenot
Lakefield, MN
March 31, 2017
I have used this company several times and have had great experiences. The seeds arrive promptly and my orders have always been correct. I really appreciate all the information that they include in their descriptions. Thanks!
Company representative comment on April 8, 2017:
On Apr 8, 2017 2:08 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for sharing about us here on the Garden Watchdog! Your support is greatly appreciated and we look forward to being a partner in the garden as your seed source for years to come!

Positive azhighdesert6
Willcox, AZ (Zone 8a)
February 18, 2017
Fast shipping - received seeds a few days after ordering. As for customer service? the owner himself wrote to be regarding a concern. Will update at end of summer how the seeds fared. I would definitely order from here again.
Company representative comment on March 4, 2017:
On Mar 4, 2017 5:32 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience with us thus far and I hope that I was able to address any concerns or answer your questions. Le me know if we can be of further assistance and I hope that you have a great gardening season!

Positive rickcast66
Hamburg, PA
February 8, 2017
Placed my first order and just received my seeds. I am pleased with how the seeds look and the packaging. Seeds were priced well. Now we'll see what the seeds produce. Stay tuned.
Company representative comment on March 4, 2017:
On Mar 4, 2017 5:34 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for your feedback and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Have a great gardening season!

Positive aholzi
Warner, NH
January 21, 2017
This is my third spring ordering seeds from Victory. My orders have been shipped promptly. The seeds have had great germination rates. I found the prices for seed packets were slightly lower than other similar companies for the same varieties. The shipping fees are reasonable too.
Company representative comment on January 21, 2017:
On Jan 21, 2017 1:25 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your orders and for choosing Victory Seeds® for your garden.

Thank you also taking the time to share about us with other gardeners here at the Garden Watchdog. It is all greatly appreciated.

Positive threebgarden
Quakertown, PA
January 9, 2017
We grew from seed for the first time last year and were a little nervous about the process. We wanted non-gmo, organic, clean seeds and Victory seemed like a great fit. I love that they are a small, family owned farm and they grow all their own seeds. The selection was excellent, we got a prompt receipt of our order, and the seeds were shipped quickly with a nice note. We over-planted the seeds certain we'd have first-year hiccups. Everything took! We wound up with 30 tomato plants (Amish paste and brandywine) and they all did amazing. Huge, healthy, and high yielding! My only complaint is I nearly got heat exhaustion trying to can them all in the August heat. We planted other seeds as well (cucumbers, peppers, melons) and they all did fantastic. We're sticking with Victory from now on!
Company representative comment on January 9, 2017:
On Jan 9, 2017 4:57 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for leaving the nice post and congrats on making the jump to gardening from seeds!

I am sure that there are a lot of folks out there who have been too nervous to try, so maybe your experience will help to encourage them.

Thank you again for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your order and we look forward to being of service to you for years to come!

Positive MVIsland
MA, MA (Zone 7a)
December 12, 2016
Posted on March 3, 2016, updated December 12, 2016
Posted on January 13, 2016, updated March 3, 2016
I had never bought from this company before, but looking at the ratings here, I was pretty confident they were worth doing business with. Are they surely are! This company has a lot of the new Dwarf tomato seeds I have been looking for. There are 13 varieties that I placed in my order online, but before I hit the place the order button, I have a question about this type of tomato, so I emailed the company, and got a answer back in my email with a in depth detail answer, in less than 3 hours. Very impressive, especially during this busy time of year. I placed my order and it was in my mailbox 7 days later. Great service, great prices and fast shipping. Victory Seeds - hats off to you, for doing a great job! I will be placing plant of orders with you in the future!
On March 3rd, 2016, MVIsland added the following:

In January I ordered quite a few varieties of the \"dwarf tomato\" seeds from this company. I started all of them about 8 days ago.....well, they are ALL up and running! The germination rate is excellent. I dropped 2 seeds in every cell, and both seeds germinated. I have over 400 tomato seeds under grow lights, just waiting for another couple of weeks, before they go out into the greenhouse for another month, then into the garden they go. I am thrilled with Victory Seeds. So glad I found them. I hope Victory Seeds has a banner year for their seeds. They deserve it! With so many negative comments showing up in watchdog from other gardening companies, it is refreshing to know there is a company that really stands behind what they do. It saddens me that so many gardeners are getting burned by so many companies. If I could leave just one word about Victory Seed Company, it would be \" AWESOME\"
On December 12th, 2016, MVIsland added the following:

December-12, 2016.....
Victory Seed Company now has their 2017 line-up already online.....
I placed my veggie seed order a week ago, and my seed order was in my mailbox 5 days later. Every item I ordered arrived...no "back-ordered", no "out-of-stocks", just great service that you can count on year after year.....
There is a reason Victory Seed Company is in the top 30 best gardening companies to do business with-> because they take great pride in what they do.
Company representative comment on January 13, 2016:
On Jan 13, 2016 1:51 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a detailed description of your purchasing experience with us. I think that reviews like yours really help gardeners make informed decisions and form the basis of our primary method of "advertising" . . . word-of-mouth.

I am glad that I was able to help (and really glad that I replied to your email quickly). As a bit of a disclaimer, as you pointed out it is our busy season and as a small organization, I wear a lot of hats here. So although I try to reply to emails, CRM messages and various social media questions quickly, I can at times be a bit slower responding than you experienced.

Regarding the seed order turn-around time . . . Thankfully folks do not have to wait for me on those :) We have a great crew that works hard at getting orders mailed out in 1 to 3 business days.

Thank you again for your post and for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your order. We look forward to being your garden seed supplier and being of service to you in the future.

Positive larryv38
Leander, TX
October 18, 2016
Quick delivery of exact products ordered. This is my 2nd time ordering through Victory Seed Company. Last time, seeds produced great quality veggies! I'm looking forward to the same this time around.
Company representative comment on October 18, 2016:
On Oct 18, 2016 9:11 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Although we are not perfect, we do try really hard. :) Providing the highest quality seeds we possibly can, as well as getting folks their orders quickly and accurately, is an integral part of our mission.

Thank you so much for recognizing our efforts and for sharing your experiences with other gardeners here at the Garden Watchdog. Your support and your comments are greatly appreciated!

Positive fletchrg
Travelers Rest, SC
May 12, 2016
I have ordered from Victory Seed Company numerous times, and never had a problem. This time, however, the friendly folks at the Post Office saw fit to lose my order, one which was time-sensitive for planting. I emailed the folks at Victory Seed and they promptly tracked the shipment and sent me the tracking number. For some reason, our friends at the Post Office seemed less than enthusiastic when I contacted them. In the meantime, Victory Seeds had duplicated my order and shipped it, with instructions to me to refuse the first order if it should ever show up ( which it hasn't yet). Long story short, I got the seed in time to plant it due to the proactive folks at Victory Seed. I will continue to do business with these folks, and will probably order from them exclusively from now on. Great doing business with them!
Company representative comment on June 14, 2016:
On Jun 14, 2016 11:58 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other gardeners here at the GWD. We do work hard at getting folks' orders out to them quickly since as gardeners ourselves, we know that timing is everything!

We hope that you have a great gardening season and look forward to being your garden seed supplier for years to come!

Positive pfrutescens
Havertown, PA
April 15, 2016
I ordered from Victory based on excellent testimonials around the Internet and their excellent number of dwarf varieties, particularly those from the Dwarf Tomato Project. Despite the numerous places to buy Cherokee Purple seed, I chose to buy from Victory because I felt more confident that they would take good care to make sure their original sources of seed were reliable and true to type.

I placed an order for several tomato varieties in March. Shipping was very reasonably priced, and delivery time was in line with other seed companies, with no delays despite it being the busy season. Germination rates were excellent.

The only thing I could wish is that the shipping would be trackable. But despite the lack of this convenience, the shopping experience was completely satisfactory. Victory will be one of my preferred sources for seed.
Company representative comment on April 15, 2016:
On Apr 15, 2016 3:39 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for the kind and detailed review that you left for us here at the Garden Watchdog.

Thank you also for your "wish." As a mission-driven organization, we actually do listen to our customer's suggestions and try and accommodate them whenever possible.

Since we are using the USPS, even the smallest, First Class packages are coded with a tracking number so the ability to track is there. It is just a matter of getting the postage system talking to the shopping cart system and then the tracking information could be automatically inserted into the email that we send out when the order is mailed.

I love the suggestion and this summer while working on a planned web site revamp, I will see if I can pull this off too :)

Thank you again for your kind review and for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your orders. Both are greatly appreciated.

Best of Gardening Success to You!

Positive lovely12
Midland, MI
March 15, 2016
I purchased 2 packages of Glass Gem Indian Corn from Victory Seeds. There is a good amount of kernels in each package, and they're pretty, which indicates to me the ears I grow will be pretty.

The shipping was quick. Overall I'm happy with my transaction with Victory Seeds.
Company representative comment on March 17, 2016:
On Mar 17, 2016 11:50 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for your post. We work hard at both seed quality and customer service and as a small organization with a limited marketing budget, greatly appreciate that you recognized our efforts and took the time to share with other gardeners here on the Garden Watchdog.

Thank you for helping to support our variety preservation work with your orders and word-of-mouth recommendations!

Positive texasbelle
Mid Gulf Coast, TX (Zone 9b)
March 14, 2016
I ordered seed on Thursday, March 10, and they arrived this morning (March 14)....they will be in the ground before sunset!!!! Great company, great selection, great prices. Thank you for filling my order so quickly.
Company representative comment on March 15, 2016:
On Mar 15, 2016 5:03 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for sharing with other gardeners. Your word-of-mouth recommendation is greatly appreciated.

We do try really hard at getting orders out as quickly and as accurately as possible and it is awesome when our postal service gets the mail through so quickly.

Thank you again for your support!

Positive WolfsbaneMN
Saint Paul, MN
February 23, 2016
Excellent service (tomato seeds, Feb 2016). Highly recommend.
Company representative comment on February 23, 2016:
On Feb 23, 2016 12:05 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for the recommendation and thank you for your support! Have a great gardening season.

Positive Lilyhazen
Ellijay, GA
February 17, 2016
Posted on March 4, 2015, updated February 17, 2016
Posted on February 7, 2015, updated March 4, 2015
Posted on February 6, 2015, updated February 7, 2015
I have never ordered from this company, but was thrilled with how quickly they sent the seeds. Many people think well of this company, so I am looking forward to growing the seeds. I was disappointed that they were already out of some seeds I wanted (Mexico Midget) but I am glad they have a waiting list.
On February 7th, 2015, Lilyhazen added the following:

MIke, I did click on the waiting list for 3-4 items. I am keeping my fingers crossed! Keep up the good work, and thanks for replying so quickly!
On March 4th, 2015, Lilyhazen added the following:

Got a notice that one of the items I wanted was now available, so I ordered and got it quickly. I really appreciate that!

If I could make one suggestion--if someone orders something after being on the wait list, it would be nice if the price of shipping (which is great) could be reduced a bit. Getting one packet is doubled in price by the shipping cost.

Still, a great company!
On February 17th, 2016, Lilyhazen added the following:

This company is amazing! I ordered February 9 and received the seed on the 12th? Were ya'll standing outside my mailbox?

I was very pleased with last year's seeds. They did very well, even though I was away from my garden for 5 weeks with open heart surgery! My neighbors jumped right in and did their best to keep up with everything. Thanks for your fine company!
Company representative comment on February 17, 2016:
On Feb 6, 2015 2:09 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hello Lilyhazen,

Thank you for taking the time to write the nice comment. Since we know it is \\\"that time of year\\\" and that the seeds won\\\'t be staying in their packets very long once they are in your hands, we do work hard to get folks\\\' orders out as quickly as we can. Thank you for noticing that.

Regarding out of stock items . . . if you look on the variety\\\'s product page, when it is out of stock there is a button that is available that allows you to add yourself to the \\\"Waiting List\\\" for that item. When I get it back into stock, you are sent an automated email letting you know.

The reason that I mention that is often, we are not really out of stock, it is just that the system thinks we are an one of us has to review inventory and update the cart. We do this daily.

Thank you again for choosing to garden with Victory Seeds® and for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your order!

On Feb 7, 2015 5:18 PM, Victory Seed Company added:

Hi Again,

Drop me an email at info (at) victoryseeds.com so I can update you.

On Feb 17, 2016 4:00 PM, Victory Seed Company added:

Hi Lilyhazen!

Firstly, I am so glad to hear that your surgery went well. It seems like you are well enough to get out and garden this season and that is great! It also sounds like you have some really awesome neighbors! A very cool lesson about community.

Thank you for taking the time to share your report of how your garden did last year using Victory Seeds® and for noticing that we ship quickly. Your support is appreciated!

Have a great gardening season in 2016!

Positive josully
Herington, KS (Zone 6a)
February 17, 2016
These folks are wonderful. Ordered my seed, and received them the following week. We will be back.

Company representative comment on February 17, 2016:
On Feb 17, 2016 2:35 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi Josully,

We do try really hard, even during this busy time of the gardening year, to get folks' seeds to them as quickly as possible.

As a lifelong gardener, I certainly remember what it was like to mail order my seeds only to have a company take weeks to fulfill my order.

When I founded the Victory Seed Company, I did not want us to be like that :) Thank you for noticing and sharing your experience with other gardeners here on the Garden Watch Dog.

We look forward to being your seed source!

Positive BotanicalBoi
Carrollton, GA (Zone 7b)
February 7, 2016
❀ ¯¨'*·~-.¸¸,.-~*'✿ƒavorite Çompany✿*·~-.¸¸,.-~*'❀

Always a pleasure to deal with. Seeds always have high germination rates and always perform very well! I love that this company is consistent and offers quality product. My only wish is that they offered even more varieties :-) Looking forward to trying more of your seeds this coming spring.

Thank you!
Company representative comment on February 11, 2016:
On Feb 11, 2016 2:04 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

What a great post. Thank you for taking the time to tell folks about your experience with our seeds. I also wish that we were saving more varieties :) And with the support of orders like yours, we are able to add more to our grow outs every year. Thank you again and we look forward to being of service to you.

Positive msjw
Springfield, MO
February 5, 2016
I ordered seeds from Victory last year and also this year. I have just received my seeds for this year. I do container gardening in earthboxes. I absolutely am wild about the Dwarf Tomato Project seeds, perfect for my use. I had my seeds in a matter of days after ordering.
Company representative comment on February 5, 2016:
On Feb 5, 2016 10:32 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for your review. Your word-of-mouth recommendation is greatly appreciated. I am also glad to be of service to you as a container gardener. Folks forget that there are people that do not have the luxury of large plots of earth. In regards to the Dwarf Tomato Project seeds, I am as excited as you are about them! :)

Positive jwneibaur
Rupert, ID
January 30, 2016
I met Mike at the 2015 Mother Earth News fair in Oregon. I was impressed by how down-to-earth the company felt. You can tell that everyone who works there has a special blood sweat and tears bond with the company and the gardening way of life. I made my first order through them last fall. I was pleased with the results. I some of my seed for some experiments in the greenhouse, and everything came up happy and strong. I have written a full review on my blog, you can see it here http://www.simpleground.com/blog/victory-seed-company-a-litt...
Company representative comment on January 30, 2016:
On Jan 30, 2016 5:59 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for all of the support that you have sent our way in the form of posts, orders, and sharing your experiences here on Dave's Garden Watchdog. It is all so greatly appreciated.

By the way, I do remember our visit last year in Albany :) I hope to see you again this year at the MEN Fair (June 4-5, 2016) in Albany, OR.

Positive GardenerJan812
Parker, CO
January 18, 2016
I was looking for heirloom seeds and found this company on Dave's Garden. I orders several different types of parsley as well as flower seeds. They arrived promptly. I am very pleased with the service I received and I am extremely excited to have found this company. I'm a master gardener and I plant seeds/plants with the goal of helping the birds, bees, and butterflies.Will be ordering from Victory Seed Company again!
Company representative comment on January 20, 2016:
On Jan 20, 2016 3:27 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for your nice post. We are excited that you found us and hope to be of service to you for years to come!

You have probably already heard of this new initiative, but others reading this may not have, so here goes - http://millionpollinatorgardens.org/.

The Million Pollinator Garden Challenge is a campaign to register a million public and private gardens and landscapes to support pollinators. Size is no limitation. All of us can take part in helping to create habitat for pollinator.

Thank you again for supporting our seed variety preservation work with your orders, with your word-of-mouth recommendations, and for your work helping pollinators!

Positive YB
Kittanning, PA
December 16, 2015
Posted on November 1, 2007, updated December 16, 2015
Good company, plants grew well. Seeds arrived on time. The reason I give them a Neutral was the germination rate left a lot to be desired. 7 out of 25 seeds is not good in my book. Had to replant some seeds to keep the garden full.

I thought about sending my complaint to the company but for the small cost of the seeds I bought didn\'t make it worth while.

On December 16th, 2015, YB changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Since I first posted this years back, Victory Seeds have been very good at sending what I need and the seed quality is very good.
I just purchased more and will continue to use them for my future Heirloom seed needs.

Keep up the great work....
Company representative comment on December 16, 2015:

On Nov 1, 2007 10:45 AM, Victory Seed Company added:

Hello,

Along with working hard to foster the positive attributes that you mentioned in your posting, we also pride ourselves in offering only fresh, vigorous seed.

There are many factors that can affect germination and no matter how small the order or what a person\'s experience level, we appreciate the opportunity to help folks troubleshoot problems and send replacements when warranted.

I wish that you would have given us the chance.

Regards,

On Dec 16, 2015 5:53 PM, Victory Seed Company added:

Hi YB!

Wow, that is so awesome of you to take the time to update your review! I remember your earlier post and had to do a double-take when I saw that it was from 2007 . . . I can't believe how fast eight years have past!

We really do appreciate folks like you that support our seed variety preservation work by choosing to garden with Victory Seeds.

Thank you so much for your support and for telling other gardeners about us.

Positive abiggerplate
Weatherford,
United States
December 8, 2015
Order arrived promptly. Shipping cost was fair. Product was well packaged
Company representative comment on December 8, 2015:
On Dec 8, 2015 9:40 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your shopping experience. We greatly appreciate you sharing these details with the gardening community. As a mission-driven, not fiscally motivated, organization, we care about all of our supporters and treat each order we receive accordingly.

Thank you again for your feedback and for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your orders. Have a great 2016!

Positive pamelakuhens
Otisville, NY
September 21, 2015
Victory Seed Company reps are always there to help. I get fast and informative email replies. The seeds are high quality of course, but if it weren't for their responsiveness to my inquiries, my gardens wouldn't be nearly as successful as they've been.
Company representative comment on October 20, 2015:
On Oct 20, 2015 4:18 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with other gardeners. Word of mouth recommendations like yours are our primary source of "advertising" and as a small organization we are easily overshadowed by businesses with large marketing budgets and hired PR firms. Thank you!

Positive Jaesmyth
Watkinsville, GA
June 2, 2015
Absolutely thrilled!
Our order was processed quickly, shipped promptly, and we had about a 95% germination rate.
The plants are doing wonderfully!
I am so glad we chose to do business with Victory Seed Company, I couldn't have asked for anything more.
Five star experience!

Company representative comment on June 19, 2015:
On Jun 19, 2015 6:08 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to post them here, Jaesmyth. Your word of mouth recommendations to other gardeners is greatly appreciated.

We hope that you have a productive harvest and look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Positive bickster
Toronto,
Canada
March 15, 2015
I am absolutely delighted with Mike and the folks at Victory Seeds. Wonderful selection of seeds, courteous service and prompt processing and delivery. I recently received my first order delivered to here in Canada in just under two weeks. I really appreciated the e-mail notifications of the status of my order so I knew exactly when it had been received, fulfilled and shipped. It was my first order, but definitely won't be my last!! Thanks!!!
Company representative comment on March 15, 2015:
On Mar 15, 2015 10:27 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi bickster! By supporting our seed variety preservation work with your orders and your word-of-mouth recommendations, we consider you among our partners in this work.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your recommendation here for other gardeners to consider. We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Positive debles
Tulsa, OK
March 15, 2015
One of my favorite online seed sources.
Victory Seed carries a lot of hard to find open pollinated varieties, including many rare seeds.

The shipping is always fast too.
As someone who rarely uses all of the seed in a single packet at one time, I really appreciate the ziploc bag inside the paper seed packet.
Another bonus is the full description of the product on the paper seed packet. So many companies do not provide that information on the seed packet. Most have generic information that applies to all varieties of the particular type of seed.
Victory lists the days to maturity along with other information right on the packet. This saves having to locate the listing for specific seeds when making decisions about what to grow.
I've had very good germination with all of the seeds I've purchased and appreciate the little things that make this company special.
Company representative comment on March 15, 2015:
On Mar 15, 2015 9:50 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for noticing "the little things" debles, and for your praises.

It is always great to hear that our efforts are appreciated and especially awesome that you took the time to share your experiences using Victory Seeds with all of the gardeners here at the Garden Watchdog. Thank you for supporting us with your orders and your word-of-mouth recommendations.

Positive aedwardsford
Plano, TX
March 10, 2015
This was my first order but not my last. Quick shipping, great customer service.
Company representative comment on March 10, 2015:
On Mar 10, 2015 11:19 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

I am glad that you found us and gave us a chance. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Have a great gardening season, thank you for taking the time to post here at the GWD, and thank you again for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your orders.

Positive jumpinjo
Marshalltown, IA (Zone 5a)
February 15, 2015
I have go-to seed companies I use but Victory had seeds I wanted to try. Very happy with the service and the seeds. Will order again!
Company representative comment on March 3, 2015:
On Mar 3, 2015 10:50 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review here and for letting us be part of your garden this season.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future and hope to earn the spot as your "go-to" seed company.

Thank you again for helping to support our seed variety preservation work with your order! ~Mike

Positive ALauver
Sunbury, PA
February 7, 2015
I ordered 23 packs of seeds on Monday and had them in my hands on Friday! Definitely surprised but very excited. I love the selection and am a huge fan of the heirloom, NON-GMO, less well known choices they offer. I found the prices really reasonable by comparison to other companies and in fact cheaper than many. I will most definitely be ordering from them again and don't care if I never get another catalog from the "big guys". Great job, keep up the good work!
On Feb 7, 2015 9:17 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hi ALauver,

Getting such nice praise really makes all of our day here. We have a great team of skilled and dedicated folks who work hard at getting orders sent out as quickly as possible. By the way, it is the same team that plants in the spring, cultivates in the summer and harvests in the fall :)

Thank you so much for supporting our seed variety preservation work with your orders and I am glad that you chose us over the "big guys" to partner with you in your garden.

Positive KWalter
(Zone 13a)
February 7, 2015
As a new customer from Zone 13, I was pleased by the swiftness and response to my January order. The seeds came well-packaged, and the first planting showed high germination.
On the packaging: I was impressed with detailed lable on the standard sized packets. Then I noticed two things which put Victory Seeds ahead of their competition: first, the seeds are in a clear resealable plastic bag which keeps mosture out and provides a clear view of the seed condition; second, the outer standard size packet is resealable which allows the gardener to keep the seeds organized and out of direct light. I am convinced that this packaging contributes to the high germination rates that I found on first planting.
On the shipping: I also appreciate that the seeds came via USPS which handled the package tracking and first class postage with ease. I believe more companies should use our national postal service, and that is a plus in Victory's favor. Besides, so many companies cannot ship to Hawaii and Alaska because they rely on non-USPS shipping.
On timelyness: I received my order within 4 days, which allowed me to begin planting that weekend. My peas and beets are doing well.
Well done, Victory Seeds.
I look forward to my next package.
On Feb 7, 2015 9:10 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Wow! Thank you for sharing such a great report. It is awesome when someone notices all of the little details that we do . . . Especially when they take the time, like you did, to let us know.

I hope that you have a great gardening season and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Positive johnsonr9
Eagle Rock, VA
February 7, 2015
Haven't planted yet but great selection and service and reasonable prices. Thanks.
On Feb 7, 2015 4:18 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for your order and for taking the time to post your feedback. Both are greatly appreciated. Have a great gardening season and shoot me an email if I can be of further assistance. Best, ~Mike

Positive Lozo
Fort Wayne, IN
February 2, 2015
Posted on May 11, 2014, updated February 2, 2015
Ordered my seeds on the 6th and got them on the 10th. Well packed and adequate info on the packages for planting and care.. I like!!!
On February 2nd, 2015, Lozo added the following:

2015 - ordered seeds on Wednesday and received complete order on Saturday!
On May 11, 2014 8:19 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for the feedback, Lozo. I try and cram as much info as possible onto the packets. If you have other questions, there is typically more information on the VictorySeeds.com site and for more regionally specific help, I have been working on a \"side project\" at http://www.WebGrower.com. Thank you again for sharing your experiences with other gardeners here at the Garden Watchdog and for helping to support our preservation work with your orders. Best Regards, ~Mike

On Feb 2, 2015 11:25 PM, Victory Seed Company added:

Hi Lozo,

Thank you for your recent order and for your post here. We appreciate it. Have a great gardening season!

Positive newwine2go
Pickens, SC
January 30, 2015
Victory Seeds was prompt with the order and I look forward to using their seeds. Thanks for the great service!
On Feb 2, 2015 11:34 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you! We look forward to hearing how your garden does. ~Mike

Positive KYhomesteader
Columbia, KY
January 29, 2015
I have purchased my vegetable garden seed from Victory Seed Company for two years now and have been very pleased with the seed and with this company. They have an excellent selection of rare and heirloom seeds. The website is helpful and easy to navigate. My seeds have performed well with good germination rates and high production. I received both of my orders very quickly. Everything was very well packaged and I have never had anything missing from an order or a seed packet that was short on seeds. Their customer service has been the best I've ever experienced with an online retailer. They are incredibly helpful and courteous and have gone out of their way to make sure I'm a happy customer. I love that they were an early signer of the Safe Seed Pledge and that they are not in the tiniest way affiliated with Monsanto or any other GMO seed company. As for the person complaining about the optional package insurance (and taking pages and pages to do so) - good grief he needs a new hobby! I've bought and sold stuff on websites like eBay and Etsy for years and package insurance is ALWAYS an option and the seller is NEVER responsible for a package once it leaves their hands. That is common practice!! Please don't let that disgruntled and unreasonable person discourage you from doing business with Victory Seed Company. This is a company with integrity that really cares about what they do and about their customers. I intend to do business with them as long as I can still dig in the dirt.
On Feb 2, 2015 11:22 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for taking the time to share us with other gardeners, KYhomesteader! It is obvious that you put a great deal of time into it post and we greatly appreciate it! We also appreciate the support from your support, hope that you have a great gardening season, and look forward to being of service to you again in the future!

Positive RockyRidgeHome
Tyler, TX
January 26, 2015
This was my first time ordering from Victory Seed Company and I am very pleased! I was happy to find 2 types of tomatoes seeds here that I could not find elsewhere online. The prices were reasonable and the seeds were shipped quickly.

The main reason I ordered from this company was because of the positive comments left here. I will be doing business with Victory Seed Company in the future!
Company representative comment on January 26, 2015:
On Jan 26, 2015 1:24 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others here on the Garden Watchdog. Your comments and support of our seed variety preservation work with your orders is how we are able to keep rare, old seed varieties (like the tomatoes you mentioned), available to home gardeners. Thank you! We look forward to being your garden seed partner.

Positive gardeningkev
Farmerville, LA
January 26, 2015
Love this company! Quality seeds and speedy turn around time on my orders.
Company representative comment on January 26, 2015:
On Jan 26, 2015 11:02 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for your post, GardeningKev! We appreciate your support and look forward to being of service to you for years to come.

Positive NotBill
Greensboro, NC
January 21, 2015
I have bought from Victory Seeds for several years.
No problems, superlative seeds.
Company representative comment on January 21, 2015:
On Jan 21, 2015 10:52 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for supporting our seed variety preservation work with your orders and for taking the time to share your experiences with other gardeners. Your word-of-mouth recommendation is greatly appreciated. We work hard to keep problems to a minimum and quickly fix any that do occasionally pop up. We look forward to being of service to you in the years to come. ~Mike

Positive sjamesNorway
Sokna,
Norway
December 7, 2014
Posted on September 10, 2014, updated December 7, 2014
Victory Seeds\' staff were super-helpful when I had trouble completing an order from Norway, even though they don\'t have an export department. The seeds arrived as quickly as could be expected. They have a great selection of tomato seeds.
On December 7th, 2014, sjamesNorway added the following:

The seeds arrived 7 days after I ordered, in NORWAY! Once again a very positive experience with Victory Seeds. It's amazing that a small company can have such a great selection of seeds, and still show interest in individual customers. Hats off to Mike and his staff.
Company representative comment on September 23, 2014:
On Sep 23, 2014 12:41 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this report about your experience with us. We appreciate your support and now that we know there are no problems mailing to Norway, please tell all of your gardening friends and family about us :)

Take care and best of gardening success to you.

Positive Thaid
Clover Hill, MD
December 6, 2014
After reviewing reviews posted here, and witnessing cool, calm, reasoned interactions of management with those who clearly have skipped their meds, I will most definitely be ordering my 2015 products from VS. ;)
Company representative comment on December 6, 2014:
On Dec 6, 2014 12:29 PM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Hello Thaid . . . Thank you so much for the post that you made. It is always nice to "meet" reasoning people like you. You comment made me smile :) Thank you also for your interest in helping to support our work with your order. We look forward to being of service to you. Best Regards, ~Mike

Positive MarkinCT
Danbury, CT,
United States
November 11, 2014
I found the Victory Seeds people to be very helpful and clear in their communications. I just received my tomato seed order yesterday and it was extremely nicely packaged with lots of relevant information. I'm looking forward to a good tomato season in 2015 and will get my raised beds going. I will certainly work with Victory Seeds in the future.

Regards from Connecticut,

Mark
Company representative comment on November 11, 2014:
On Nov 11, 2014 10:14 AM, Victory Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post here, Mark. Helping to spread the word about us in this way is greatly appreciated! I look forward to hearing how your 2015 season goes. Let me know if we can be of further assistance.

~Mike

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]