The scoop on 'Valley Vista Kiwi'

Valley Vista Kiwi

16531 Mount Shelly Circle
Fountain Valley, California 92708-2440 (United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Comments:

Positive yishnir
West Hattiesburg, MS (Zone 8b)
March 30, 2012
My experience with Roger Meyer (Valley Vista Kiwi) was very positive.

Because I'm interested in sustainable (and drought-tolerant) edible landscaping, my research online showed that the Chinese Date, or Jujuba (Ziziphus jujuba) was an ideal plant for my yard. Looking for a supplier, a number of online articles revealed that Meyer was one of the best sources for Jujube cultivars in the U.S.

I emailed Meyer on March 20 (late in the season) asking if I could order and what was available. Meyer sent me a list of available cultivars, and descriptions, and noted that, even though the nursery was done shipping bare-root trees for the season, he'd make an exception for me.

After some reading and research, I emailed Meyer a list of the five Jujube varieties I'd like. The trees arrived, very well packaged, only eight days later.

Here's my breakdown of the transaction:

Communication: Quick and efficient, though not wordy.

Customer Service: Top-notch. Meyer sent me trees, even though his shipping season was already closed. Additionally, he dug around and found specific cultivars I wanted, slightly younger than the one's he usually sells, because I had ordered late and those varieties were already sold out.

Plant Quality: The graftings were very well-rooted, and budding out.

Packaging: The plants were very, very carefully packaged. They arrived in perfect health.

In conclusion, I'll probably order more Jujube varieties from Meyer next year, though next time I'll order in the proper time, in January.