Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

The scoop on 'Rohde's Nursery & Nature Store'

Rohde's Nursery & Nature Store

1651 Wall St.
Garland, Texas 75041 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-864-4445

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Positive books209
Terrell, TX
July 20, 2016
We have loved going to Rohde's ever since we found it several years ago. We have many plants from there, and I have yard art and t-shirts from there. We have bought all manner of plants, art, and plant care products for years. I have a ceramic plaque in my kitchen of cats that is a favorite that I enjoy every day. But this is my main reason for the review. We went in last Monday, and I got to talking to the lady there about cats as I petted the store cat, OJ. I told her that my cat was having kidney issues and I was really concerned. She said that I should be feeding her canned food, but I have tried dozens of brands that she won't touch. The lady recommended three different kinds that they stock, so I bought them. I just gave my cat the first one, and with no hesitation she started lapping it up! I am so excited - I know it is better for her, and without the lady at Rohde's being so easy to talk to, so kind and so helpful and so knowledgeable I would not have tried canned food. They have all kinds of natural foods for dogs and cats, and they have my gratitude for the help. I love Rohde's!!!!!
Positive pbtxlady
Garland, TX (Zone 8a)
March 27, 2007
I too have shopped at Rohde's frequently. They are one of the best local suppliers for organic products. They may seem a little higher in price, but their products out-perform most others. They also do a lot to promote local gardening groups. Highly recommended.
Positive Loonie1
Rowlett, TX (Zone 8a)
August 30, 2006
I shop here frequently and am always impressed by the health of the plants and the knowledge of the owner. They have a vast array of organics, and are also one of the best places to buy trees and shrubs.

For cat/dog lovers and birdwatchers, they stock several brands of food, seeds, peanuts, etc. They also host garden clubs on a frequent basis. I *highly* recommend this nursery.

Positive sweezel
McKinney, TX (Zone 8a)
May 9, 2004
In Store: Great place for natives and organic supplies. They also have a really good selection of herbs. Most of the four inch sun perennials are divided up by height, which is very helpful when you are in a hurry. The selection of organic fertilizers, the various mulches, and even beneficial insects they carry is tops in the area. The guy who runs the place is very friendly and never makes you feel ignorant or acts put out when you are asking about some plant or product he carries. Quality products and service really makes it worth driving those extra miles even when there are many other nurseries that are closer to home.

I have never ordered from him online, but he has a good selection of many of the same organic supplies that he has in store.
Positive Kelly333
Longview, TX
June 18, 2002
This nursery is awesome. I found plants that were out of the ordinary. The plants were healthy. A great selection is found there. I loved it. I bought a ton of stuff too.
Positive lunasee
Dallas, TX (Zone 8a)
June 16, 2002
I am lucky enough to live near this Nursery. I have been to quite a few other in the metro plex area & was not happy with the way many of the plants look. This place all the plants were beautiful & thriving. I love the little garden path they put in the front. It has very many native plants. I actually came here looking for some Organic supplies. Not only did I buy some supplies I got free with purchase very helpful & great info on the products i.e. when to use, how often, the purpose of the product, etc. They were great. I wanted to buy something for prevented care & the gentleman that was assisting me took it out of my hand & said you do not need that, I am not going to sell it to you. Boy that was a first.
Well needless to say I bought some plants (doing great) garden tools, new garden shoes & a few other items I really did not need from their great little gift shop. If I am looking for something new to plant this is where I will do my shopping. The infomation, helpful assistance, etc. is invaluable & that is something MasterCard can't buy!

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.