The scoop on 'Rohde's Nursery & Nature Store'

Rohde's Nursery & Nature Store

1651 Wall St.
Garland, Texas 75041 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-864-4445

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Positive pbtxlady
Garland, TX (Zone 8a)
March 27, 2007
I too have shopped at Rohde's frequently. They are one of the best local suppliers for organic products. They may seem a little higher in price, but their products out-perform most others. They also do a lot to promote local gardening groups. Highly recommended.
Positive Loonie1
Rowlett, TX (Zone 8a)
August 30, 2006
I shop here frequently and am always impressed by the health of the plants and the knowledge of the owner. They have a vast array of organics, and are also one of the best places to buy trees and shrubs.

For cat/dog lovers and birdwatchers, they stock several brands of food, seeds, peanuts, etc. They also host garden clubs on a frequent basis. I *highly* recommend this nursery.

Carla
Positive sweezel
McKinney, TX (Zone 8a)
May 9, 2004
In Store: Great place for natives and organic supplies. They also have a really good selection of herbs. Most of the four inch sun perennials are divided up by height, which is very helpful when you are in a hurry. The selection of organic fertilizers, the various mulches, and even beneficial insects they carry is tops in the area. The guy who runs the place is very friendly and never makes you feel ignorant or acts put out when you are asking about some plant or product he carries. Quality products and service really makes it worth driving those extra miles even when there are many other nurseries that are closer to home.

I have never ordered from him online, but he has a good selection of many of the same organic supplies that he has in store.
Positive Kelly333
Longview, TX
June 18, 2002
This nursery is awesome. I found plants that were out of the ordinary. The plants were healthy. A great selection is found there. I loved it. I bought a ton of stuff too.
Positive lunasee
Dallas, TX (Zone 8a)
June 16, 2002
I am lucky enough to live near this Nursery. I have been to quite a few other in the metro plex area & was not happy with the way many of the plants look. This place all the plants were beautiful & thriving. I love the little garden path they put in the front. It has very many native plants. I actually came here looking for some Organic supplies. Not only did I buy some supplies I got free with purchase very helpful & great info on the products i.e. when to use, how often, the purpose of the product, etc. They were great. I wanted to buy something for prevented care & the gentleman that was assisting me took it out of my hand & said you do not need that, I am not going to sell it to you. Boy that was a first.
Well needless to say I bought some plants (doing great) garden tools, new garden shoes & a few other items I really did not need from their great little gift shop. If I am looking for something new to plant this is where I will do my shopping. The infomation, helpful assistance, etc. is invaluable & that is something MasterCard can't buy!