The scoop on 'Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co.'

Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co.

Green Star: Good Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

2278 Baker Creek Rd
Mansfield, Missouri 65704 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

» Like them on Facebook

This company is affiliated with 3 companies:

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Company Comment, posted on October 21, 2002:
It all started in 1998 with Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, the company that now offers one of the largest selections of heirloom seeds in the U.S. with over 1,300 varieties of tasty vegetables, fragrant flowers, and spicy herbs. Groovy seeds for all your home and market garden needs. Jere collects many ethnic varieties each year through his extensive travels. We offer the most unique, colorful and flavorful varieties. Our varieties have been grown in many major gardens, including Disney World, the U.S. National, Chicago, New York, St. Louis Botanic Gardens, Monticello, Living History Farms, and Colonial Williamsburg, to name a few.

Baker Creek carries one of the largest selections of seeds from the 19th century, including many Asian and European varieties. Jere Gettle founded the company in 1998 as a tool to promote and preserve our agricultural and culinary heritage. Our varieties have been featured in Organic Gardening, Mother Earth News, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, O Magazine, Martha Stewart, and many others. Gardeners can request a free 124-page color catalog that now mails to over 250,000 gardeners nationally.

Over the past dozen or so years, Baker Creek has branched out into other related projects as well, including The Heirloom Gardener magazine, which is now in its seventh year of publication. The Gettle family has also expanded to a location in Sonoma County, California, in the beautiful town of Petaluma. In June 2010 they expanded to Connecticut, buying and preserving the near 200 old Comstock, Ferre & Co. One of America's first seed companies.

We started hosting festivals in 2000 as an idea to bring gardeners, homesteaders and natural food enthusiasts together to exchange thoughts, seeds, listen to speakers and enjoy vendors, old-time music and much more. These festivals gave birth to the idea for our pioneer village, Bakersville. Other projects include our trial gardens, seed collecting expeditions, our popular online forums at idigmygarden.com, and educational produce exhibits.

We also work extensively to supply free seeds to many of the world’s poorest countries, as well as here at home in school gardens and other educational projects. It is our goal to educate everyone about a better, safer food supply and fight gene-altered Frankenfood and the companies that support it.

Jere, Emilee & Sasha Gettle

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive vct0r
Hialeah, FL
August 20, 2014
Their shipping like always arrived prompt. I really enjoy the surprise mystery packet they included free of GMO. That extra little touch is what keeps me coming back to them.
Negative FelixSalinas
Tehuacán
Mexico
August 15, 2014
I apologize for my English.

I received a order from another person instead of mine. It's frustrating to wait and not receive what I ordered
Company representative comment on August 18, 2014:
On Aug 18, 2014 8:50 AM, Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. responded with:

We are so sorry for that mixup! We received your email, and we are shipping the correct order to you right away.

Neutral SquirrelRalph
Trussville, AL
August 13, 2014
Posted on August 12, 2014, updated August 13, 2014
After having very good recommendation from my sister, i am disappointed.
From the start i wanted to order from my phone. After 3 attempts i nearly gave up. I finally found phone info but then found they have an additional charge attached to phone orders. Apparently they don\'t like talking to customers. So i emailed thru the contact info. They dod indeed contact me and was able to make my small phone order of fall seed in without the additional fees. So now a week later i receive email stating it has been shipped. Now fast they are. My seeds are in my mailbox today. Cool! I think? I opened the package and find that my order is not complete. That they double one item and not send one. One was known to ship later. - i have hit reply on my notification and don\'t count on a follow up. Quite honest i am disappointed
On August 13th, 2014, SquirrelRalph changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

After my post yesterday- i would like to update or amend it. In my email early today Leah with Baker Creek notified me and stated she would fix my order. I won't up grade to positive. Till my order is complete.
SquirrelRalph
Company representative comment on August 13, 2014:
On Aug 13, 2014 9:04 AM, Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. responded with:

As we stated in our reply to your email, we apologize for the missing item, and it will be shipping out to you today.

Positive SullivanLP
Colorado Springs, CO
July 29, 2014
I've ordered seeds, books, and magazines from them; always had great service on my orders, and enjoy the gifts of extra GMO-free seeds that they seem to tuck into many of the boxes. I really like what they're doing too, preserving heirloom lines and educating people about the risks from GMO contamination of heirloom strains. Small farmers have enough to worry about, without spurious lawsuits from giant corporations (when GMO frankenfoods grown in adjacent farms accidently cross-pollenate and ruin their traditional seed-to-seed cycle).
Positive OllieKatt
North Bay
Canada
July 29, 2014
For two years now I have ordered vegetable seeds from Baker Creek as Christmas gifts for my dad. He loves his garden and really enjoys the exotic seeds I give to him. This company always ships promptly, includes a free package of seeds, and so far, has provided seeds with a great germination rate. My dad said this year that every seed popped up for him and is growing fabulously. Hopefully, I'll be able to gift him with Baker Creek seeds for many Christmases to come...
Positive Amaryllis9
Alpena, AR
July 25, 2014
I have ordered from Baker Creek for the last 3 years. I usually order twice per year. All my experiences have been good. I love the extra seed they slip in from time to time. I like to order from them because not only has the service and seed been good but I share there love of heirlooms and their distaste for GMO seeds.
Positive jasonb
Sweeny, TX
July 24, 2014
Just received my first order from them. Great seed selection, cheap shipping prices, quality shipping package, received order in less that two weeks, seed packets had more seeds in them than advertised and received a free package of seeds. Great experience and will order from them again for sure! Thanks Baker Creek!
Positive BertKinchen
Port Saint Lucie, FL
July 23, 2014
Ordered some seeds from Baker Creek and they arrived before the date they said they would. I am very pleased with the amount of seeds that were in the packets. in the spring I will be planting an acre and a half and I will be getting most if not all of my seeds from them.
Neutral elsutor
Penn Hills, PA
July 18, 2014
I really want to love this company, because I've gotten many wonderful seeds from them over the years and their customer service was great the only time I ever had a problem. On another occasion, they answered an email with general questions about a variety quickly and helpfully. They seem like nice people who are trying to do things the right way, but I am sick of getting their glossy, wasteful catalog full of biblical quotes. I am not a Christian, but I am a Baker Creek customer. I see a very narrow slice of human society reflected in the quotes and philosophies endorsed in the catalog. I see a lot of support from Baker Creek for diversity in seeds, but not so much for diversity in people-- or at least that is the impression I have from the divisive quotes provided in the catalog. I throw issues of "Watchtower" in my worm bin because they will decompose quickly, and I hate to see such a beautiful, magazine-quality publication hit the garbage can-- but I can't even toss it in the worm bin because of the glossy nature of the pages and the toxicity of the inks. It just won't compost.

There is no "tyranny of science." Please start labeling your seeds with species names, DTM, and zone ratings like all the other seed houses! These details are important to those of us who grow your seeds, although I understand that DTM can vary from year to year and locale to locale. Germination has been a problem for me on a few seed packs, although most sprout quickly and true, and the quantity of seed is extremely generous! I'd much rather have fresh seeds with no germination issues than an expensive-to-produce catalog that I don't even use, because I shop on your website. (The website looks good and the upgrades and changes made over the last year have been great.)

I still occasionally buy from them when I can't get something in a trade or by saving seed, but I find myself using them less and less because I just can't tolerate the Ron Paul quotes (who believes that the Civil Rights Act was a mistake, that the LA riots were caused by black people not receiving their welfare checks, that public education and the EPA should be abolished, that we have no moral obligation to care for our sick and poor, and that we should not legislate to protect our environment in an age where overwhelming scientific consensus reveals just how much we are damaging our world). There is a place for morality in business, and I hope Baker Creek finds their place sooner rather than later.
Company representative comment on July 18, 2014:
On Jul 18, 2014 3:09 PM, Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. responded with:

Thank you for your feedback! On the catalog, we used recycled paper and soy inks, so they can be re-purposed by our customers for anything from starter pots to worm bins :) We are working to include the species names and the days to maturity on the seed packets that we are making now, but a lot of our seed packet designs were made several years ago, and we are updating them as we can.

Positive amj3plus2
Chandler, OK
July 15, 2014
I have purchased from Baker Creek several times. Orders are always fulfilled exactly and have had very fast delivery. The seeds we have purchased have provided great produce. Will order from them as often as we need seeds. Would recommend this company to anyone.
Positive wildflower548
Murrieta, CA
July 14, 2014
Received Lacinato Kale with a complimentary packet of Red Romaine lettuce. Seeds germinated the 5th day. Left a happy camper! Will definitely order again in the future. Thank you for your business. :)
Positive elfindelight81
Walnut Grove, MO
June 18, 2014
I have had only pleasant dealings with Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. As usual, i received the package in a timely manner, and with correct seeds. And, some bonus seeds! I am super happy with these guys!! Thank you Baker Creek!!

Another happy costumer,
Kathleen
Negative mefrelix
Corona, CA (Zone 9b)
June 14, 2014
I received bittersweet nightshade seeds instead of the Korean hyssop I had ordered. Other seeds were of the wrong variety and with about half of my complete order of different plant seeds, Those packets didn't have one germination. I wish I had known about garden watch dog before. To each own experience though.
Company representative comment on June 16, 2014:
On Jun 16, 2014 11:48 AM, Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. responded with:

We're sorry to hear there was a problem with your order! We do guarantee seeds to germinate, and grow true to type, for one year from the date of purchase. Please contact us at seeds@rareseeds.com and we would be happy to either send you replacements, or issue you a refund.

Positive DERO
Mukono
Uganda
May 30, 2014
Great experience with this company.

I've received all my orders.

Once had a batch of seed that didn't grow true to form and they replaced it immediately at no extra cost to me.

I have received free packets of seed several times with my orders and they are really good seeds given.

I've gotten help via email when a planting was not growing well.

The facts that they:
1. Ship internationally at very affordable shipping costs
2. Seed is good
3. Produce grown from it tastes and looks amazing
4. They are very helpful when contacted via email

I recommend them to anyone who needs seed shipped internationally.
Positive sesails
Toccoa, GA
May 26, 2014
Posted on May 10, 2014, updated May 26, 2014
For the past three years I've purchased from Baker Creek. However beginning last year and through this years order I've been disappointed with the germination rate on many of the varieties that have been sent to me. In some instances the rate was zero. I use only 50 lb. bags of professional potting mix that I purchase from a local nursery. It's 'Faford' professional potting mix and it's served me well. So I don't think it's the medium. I'm wondering if this company is mixing old seed in with new, or selling old seed at the beginning of the season, (generally I order in January) or whatever?
It just isn't working for me. I don't know where I'll go for next years order, but the bigger issue is that I waste valuable time when I have to plant two or three times as many seeds to get what I need for transplanting. Sorry, Baker Creek, I do like your catalog, and you've a lovely family, but I need seeds that I know will germinate.
On May 26th, 2014, sesails changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I submitted a complaint on Baker Creek on May 10th and was contacted by their representative a few days later. They cared enough to do what was right and handled the incident in a professional manner. I'm back in the fold and will use them again. Thanks Baker Creek!
Company representative comment on May 12, 2014:
On May 12, 2014 10:45 AM, Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. responded with:

We're sorry to hear you have had trouble with our seed! We do not sell any seed until we have a successful germination test from each lot of seeds. Many things can happen to the seeds once they leave our warehouse that can affect germination, such as irradiation from x-raying the package, being left in a hot location for too long, etc... , this is not something we can control. This is why we guarantee the germination of our seed for one year from the date of purchase. If you will email us at seeds@rareseeds.com we would be happy to either replace the seed or issue you a refund, whichever you prefer.

Positive lakenvelder
Chapman, KS
May 21, 2014
The company has some very interesting varieties. They have a new area on their website for different seeds from different countries. I have good germination and the company sends seeds in a timely manner. They seem to really care about heirlooms and purchased Comstock, Ferre & Co. to preserve. I hope to one day go to a festival and see the company.
Positive stfowler
Rose Hill, KS
May 10, 2014
I placed my first order with Baker Creek this year and the order arrived in a timely fashion. More than enough time for me to start my tomatoes and peppers way out. I did have an issue with the germination rate on my Leutschauer Paprika Pepper.

I contacted the company and had to leave my name and number like previous posters mentioned. I heard from them within 24 hours and I was sent more than adequate replacement! The customer service representative was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with him.

I received my replacement product in less than a week and will absolutely be ordering from them again next year.
Positive SHELBYCOREALTOR
Fairfield, AL
April 29, 2014
Posted on March 21, 2014, updated April 29, 2014
Ordered Tomatoes and Melons from here because an order from another company wasnt going to arrive soon. Other company's Facebook page said they had processed orders up until a week before my order date. Spring had arrived and I was anxious to plant the various colors of tomatoes and peppers and melons. Within three days of placing my order with BCH my seeds are now here and will be planted today. The other company's FACEBOOK page says they have completed orders up to 2 days before my order. I will update my success rate with the 9 tomatoes and 2 melons as the process is completed. Happy because I received my order quickly.
On April 29th, 2014, SHELBYCOREALTOR added the following:

Ordered more seeds a few weeks ago. My ordered was shipped out and received 3 days later. A few seeds are not germinated yet but its still early. I will address this later if it becomes a problem. My order was fast and correct. I am happy right now.
Negative fred4945
Santa Rosa, CA
April 28, 2014
The most rude telephone experience I can remember. Will never use them again.

I called them a few weeks ago because their Petaluma store is 30 miles away. I got a recording that said they were busy and asked me to leave my number. I did.

Never heard from them. (I'd had the same problem when I placed an order the year before.)

Called the store manager to complain. He tried to claim my message must have been garbled. Two years in a row?

I gave him an order and asked to check that everything was in stock. He asked for my number and promised to call right back. He never did.

I took my business to Seed Savers' Exchange, a non-profit which has great selection -- and would NEVER treat a customer this way.

I also called Baker Creek owner Jere Gettle in Missouri to complain. Guess what? You're right; he didn't call back either.

One would be crazy to reward that standard of service with continued patronage.

Positive herbman49
New York, NY
April 24, 2014
Shiso & shungiku seeds arrived a few weeks ago, bountiful amount in packets. The shiso is already sprouting and looks to be close to 100% germination.
Positive StephanieL
Jarrettsville, MD
April 21, 2014
Amazing catalog, easy ordering, great product, and quick delivery. I've been using this company for two years and couldn't be more pleased.
Positive DeanaMiller
MOUNT EDEN, KY
April 15, 2014
I've placed several orders with Baker Creek and am very happy with all my seeds. I feel confident that I am getting true seed that has not been tampered with (GMO) and I absolutely love all the heirloom varieties they offer. I tell everyone about Baker Creek. Also, I love getting the free random seed. It is an opportunity to try something I might otherwise not have considered.
Positive ImChiquita
Mustang, OK
April 14, 2014
I had never heard of Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. I simply did an internet search and Baker Creek appeared near the top. I was searching for heirloom flowers, specifically morning glories. They shipped the same day I ordered (Friday, 11 April) and arrived today (Monday, 14 April).

HOLY COW, blazing fast!

And I was pleasantly surprised by the gift seed pack of cilantro. I forget that some companies do this. But the amazing part is that my family loves, loves, LOVES cilantro!!!!

I absolutely recommend Baker Creek, and am looking at their catalog right now.
Positive flagbeachouse
Palm Coast, FL
April 14, 2014
I ordered from Baker Creek for the first time on April 4, 2014. Just went online and started looking at heirloom seed companies, because I was looking for something specific: Ronde de Nice Courgette (zucchini) and they had it. My ordered arrived on April 7! And included a free pack of lettuce seeds. Wow!
I live in Florida - when I ordered I had already started many of my veggies because of the early heat here. I grow in Earth Boxes, also, because of the ant problem. So, I haven't tried the seeds, yet, but will add another comment to tell how they do in central Florida.
I am so impressed with this company: their selection, prices, shipping and speed of delivery. I'm sure if I ever have occasion to talk to them, I'll be just as impressed.
Obviously, depending on how my seeds do, Baker Creek has a lifetime customer in me.
Negative Anna_Sweden
Brösarp
Sweden
April 11, 2014
Posted on April 11, 2014, updated April 11, 2014
Unfortunately I am not a happy customer and I would not recommend this company to anybody.

Quote from the company's homepage:
"Estimated time until shipping is usually 3 to 5 business days, though it is our goal to ship orders within 48 hours."

Fair enough.

Obviously it doesn't apply to all orders. It certainly hasn't applied to mine.

I placed my order online on March 24. Shipping from US to Sweden is generally very fast and reliable so I expected my seeds to arrive within ten days, maybe two weeks at the most. Today, April 10, still no seeds so I mailed and asked when my order was shipped. Baker Creek replied that my order was shipped April 10 (that is today - perhaps the reminder was necessary...what if I hadn't contacted them).

It means that my order was shipped 18 days after I ordered and payed for it. In my opinion it is very poor customer service!

With a lot of luck I will receive my seeds before Easter, but I have my doubts. I will probably not get them until the week after Easter, which means at least four weeks from online order/payment until arrival of seeds. Very disappointing.

It will be too late to sow the tomato seeds this year. Luckily the other seed companies I have ordered from are more reliable.

On April 11th, 2014, Anna_Sweden added the following:

I confused the dates. My order was shipped April 10 and I mailed April 11. So my order was shipped 17 days after I placed it.
Company representative comment on April 16, 2014:
On Apr 16, 2014 5:49 PM, Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. responded with:

Hello Anna_Sweden,

Again, we would like to apologize for the delay! As I explained in my email to you, lightning struck our warehouse, and we had to replace some electronics, and we were delayed in sending out some of the orders.

Positive sheilaliehs
Eureka, CA
April 5, 2014
They are OMG fast with orders! Answered all my questions, even the trivial ones, we joked, had an email conversation; very friendly folks! Love the wide variety of GMO free and heritage veggies! They have stuff that grows strong and healthy so I spend more time enjoying the garden instead of nursing sickly seedlings! Just a win - win situation and I don't bother buying from anyone else now. The beautiful catalogue comes in the mail and I gift it (making a new convert) to a fellow gardener.
Positive lolly1963
grande prairie
Canada
March 29, 2014
This is the second year in a row I've ordered seeds through your company. I live in Alberta Canada and am pleased that the shipping/handling is more than reasonable. Germination rate is excellent. Last year I planted the Yellow Wonder Wild Strawberry. We had a very wet and cool start to the summer and I was positive my little plants drowned or rotted. I was so surprised these hardy little strawberry plants not only survived but did remarkably well for the season. This year I'm trying your White Soul Alpine Strawberry and Alpine Strawberry.

The variety of product is impressive. I prefer speaking to someone when I'm placing an order but this year due to high volume, I was directed to order online. Every step of the process was fast and efficient.I've spoken highly of this company and will continue to pass the word along. Thank you so much.
Positive MonchiqueBarry
monchique
Portugal
March 29, 2014
Excellent service - well packed with prompt delivery to Europe at a sensible fixed rate. In fact the $5 charged was less than the actual USPS shipping cost shown on the pack.
Whether by design or accident, also found a couple of complimentary packs of seeds included with this, our first order.
Assuming a good germination rate, will definitely order from Baker Creek again.
Positive bunny_foofoo9
Winter Park, FL
March 28, 2014
I ordered some seeds on 1/27/2014 (order number 100384090). The positives outweigh the negative.

The positive:
1. The strawberries and Chinese lanterns had a very high germination rate! I bought White Soul Alpine variety and Wild Yellow Wonder variety. My next buy will probably be spinach strawberries since I bought some from another vendor and only had 1 sprout.
2. I absolutely LOVE their rare seeds in their Explorer Series. I bought the Nara Melon, which came with one more extra seed than promised! 2 out of 4 seeds sprouted.
3. I wish there were more berry options. I would drove to have yard of berry plant stat fruited at various times of year so I could always have berries. More oddities like the naranjilla please!
4. I got an extra pack of seeds for free as a thank you with my order. I love when companies do this so we can try new things.

The negative:
1. I have had no good luck with their poppies. They have a wide selection, but out of a TON of seeds, I only have germination of 4 max!
Company representative comment on April 7, 2014:
On Apr 7, 2014 12:55 PM, Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. responded with:

We're sorry to hear you have had trouble with the poppies! If you will send us an email to seeds@rareseeds.com we would be happy to replace them.

Positive k_avis
Ringgold, PA
March 25, 2014
Posted on April 26, 2010, updated March 25, 2014
This is my second year ordering from Baker Creek. Its been wonderful all around. Shipping is cheap, the order arrives quickly,a free pack of seeds, and germination rates are fantastic.The catalog is a treat itself with amazing pictures and information.I also share their vision of preserving heirloom seeds. They have a genuine love of plants and gardening itself.
On March 25th, 2014, k_avis added the following:

I order my seeds now every year from Baker Creek. I am so happy to have found this company!
Positive sleeping
Omaha, NE
March 21, 2014
I must say I couldn't be any happier with my experience with Baker Creek thus far. I somewhat regret ordering from several other companies and wish I would have ordered everything from this company. Of the seeds I bought each packet contained double if not triple the number of seeds quoted. They have provided me with more than enough seeds to kill a few and still be ahead.
Positive Acprather
Zachary, LA
March 21, 2014
I started container gardening last year and had fun. This year I wanted to do it up right and ordered a batch of seeds from Baker Creek. I was so excited that I am already back for a second order! I will be a longtime customer!
Positive KeisterFamily
West Milton, PA
March 16, 2014
Our family adores Baker Creek. We look forward to our catalog and seed order every year. They are fast, affordable, and friendly. Their commitment to offering non-GMO, heirloom, non-hybrid seeds lets us know we're making the best choice for our family.
Positive Samlau
Cincinnati, OH (Zone 6b)
March 16, 2014
Pleasure doing business with a company dedicated to "Heirloom" seeds and against "GMO" and "Hybrid".

Everything arrived fast and in order.
Appreciate the gift seeds in my order friends.
Positive Tbonejake
Chenequa, WI
March 15, 2014
Ordered a dozen different types of seed in early March '14, received the package in the mail 2 days later. Prices are very competitive, and the range of available Heirlooms are great. My favorite thing about the website is the customer reviews under each seed, where one can describe their results.
The company also has social connections (FB, Twitter,Newsletters).

The packages came with a generous amount of seeds (on the heavy side). Already have germination from most of the seeds (only been 3 days).

Ordered the Whole Seed Catalog, didn't come with my seed order. I contacted them via E-mail and immediately received a courteous response informing me on it being shipped in a different order.

Highly Recommended to the person hunting Heirlooms for their garden!
Positive lkpinette
Deerfield, MA (Zone 6a)
March 8, 2014
Great selection. Especially eggplant. I've never seen such a variety of eggplant. They also have a good variety of Middle Eastern vegetables, which excited me. I've ordered a couple of Syrian varieties that seem similar to some of those that I had in Gaziantep (a Turkish city on the Syrian border); we'll see if they grow in New England. Our growing season is long enough, but it gets *hot* out there in a way it never does here.

Prices are on the high side of average, but nothing that would make you cringe if you can't find something elsewhere, and shipping costs are reasonable.

I will have to order even earlier next year, as by February, some of their more popular items were already out of stock. While nothing seems to be out of stock for more than about ten days, other things go out of stock in the mean time, and by March I ultimately gave up trying to get everything I wanted in the same basket and just ordered what I could.

They were reasonably efficient about processing my order during a busy period, shipping two business days after I ordered, and seeds arrived three business days after that.

The best thing about their site is that they have a rating/review system for each variety, and it's one which customers actually use. Most products have multiple reviews, which makes it an invaluable tool in choosing between similar varieties.
Positive sfan
Macedonia-Thessalonikh
Greece
March 6, 2014
Great company, i have order many times, very satisfied from seeds and customer service.
Positive roho745
WINDYVILLE, MO
February 24, 2014
I have ordered from this company for several years now and have only praise for them. Always fast to ship and everything I ordered in a neat package well wrapped. I have over 300 seedlings under grow lights right now with all most 100 percent germination rate.
Positive SouthernRural
Jacksonville, FL
February 22, 2014
Placed a mail order February 4 and received the seeds within a reasonable time period with a cash refund for a flower seed that had already sold out. They have a beautiful color photo catalog that I refer to throughout the year. I have had only one questionable vegetable seed from them through the years and they made good on that. I don't think there's a better seed company around.
Positive daisyangel
Columbia, TN
February 21, 2014
This year was my second year ordering from Baker Creek, and I must say I love it and will not be ordering my seeds from anyone else. I have already gotten 2 of my friends to order from them this year for their gardens. The ordering is easy online and they sent out my order right away, with email updates.
I love that they are a family oriented business and I LOVE receiving their catalog every year. I really love that they are based here in the US and if I was closer I would definitely be trying to visit their festival they have every year! Yes, you can visit them if you are able. Which is just awesome.
I have only good things to say about this company, so glad that I found them online!