The scoop on 'Eddy Scott's Countryside Daylilies'

Eddy Scott's Countryside Daylilies

6800 NE 65th Street
High Springs, Florida 32643 (United States)

Editor's Comment:
Closed Found on their website, as of January 2007:

We have enjoyed making many friends over the years in the world of Daylilies. We appreciate the patronage you have shown by visiting or ordering from our garden. Unfortunately due to personal reasons we will no longer be able to maintain our garden.

As our situation has changed we have decided to offer our nursery for sale. All inventory, including previous, current and future introductions are for sale. Also included are selected seedlings from 2000 2005, many of which have been photographed, evaluated and are waiting to be registered and introduced, our 2005 seedlings, 50% which have yet to bloom, and all 2006 seedlings planted in trays during July 2006 and are ready to line out. An assortment of miscellaneous equipment and supplies are also for sale.

If you are interested or know anyone who may be interested please contact us at 386-454-3937 for more information.
Sincerely, Eddy & Cindy Scott

P.S. We do plan on filling and shipping all orders this fall if placed before October 15th.

Comments:

Positive violetblue
Mount Carmel, TN
October 28, 2005
My order was quite large because of a closing out sale on some variety's , the fans were small but considering the cultivator's at such cheap prices I was satisfied , all but 3 grew alot & they replaced them with very large Fans of another kind * because were sold out of other's but one , expensiver replacement's & much healthier. Very nice people to deal with
Positive susxmedic
Harbeson, DE (Zone 7b)
October 25, 2005
I have had good success with Eddy and Cindy's plants. Good increase, nice blooms. Very nice introductions.
Positive daylily970
Coshocton, OH (Zone 6a)
September 17, 2005
i ordered from countryside twice. i order from there sale list. i received nice fans.
Neutral loladog
Marshall, MI
September 13, 2005
I just received a good-size order and was disappointed with the size of some of the plants. Most disheartening, however, was the dry condition in which the plants arrived. They appeared to have been dug quite a long time ago. At this point, I am just hoping they'll do ok.
Positive TuddyE
Georgetown, KY (Zone 6a)
August 4, 2005
I haven't gotten my order yet, but from the long conversation I had with Cindy Scott, and the reviews here, I am certain I will be pleased. I will post a follow up as to my final review. I must say, that the owners had a very good sale because of losing some of their experienced help, making it hard to maintain the enormous size of their inventory. Until they train new help, they chose to downsize in order to maintain their high standards. This is to be commended, as they could have attempted to keep things as they were and the customer may have suffered. They let me pick when I wanted to be charged for my order, and when I wanted it shipped. I am looking forward to seeing my purchase and writing about it.
On Sep 11th 2005, TuddyE added the following:
Although I really enjoyed talking to the people who own this nursery, I am a little disappointed in some of the plants I received. Some were large [not any larger than other nurseries], some were ok [medium but they sent an extra fan] and some were the size of medium to small green onions. In all fairness, the single fans of two kinds were sold at half the price of the original quote, but the scallion size were not. I understand that these are more expensive dl, but if you can't sell them at that price, then don't offer them. Maybe you could reduce the price, to compensate for their meager size? Some of the plants I got were quite dry and yellow, like they were dug sometime before. After talking to them when I changed my ship date [which they were happy to oblidge], I realize that was because so may gardeners want their plants shipped at the same time and they must pre-dig some in order to have them all ready. Overall, I would order sale items from them if I can't get them from other sites, or at reasonable prices elsewhere, but only if I wasn't looking for them to bloom for several years [since some are the size of seedlings, not fans of full size plants].
On September 14th, 2005, TuddyE changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I have been contacted by this company, and was told that the reason some plants are small is the great price. They also said they would credit me for the ones that I thought weren't large enough, and appologized for the mistake saying "I apologize for the size of the of some of the plants you received from us.
Often as many of these are varieties are being discontinued we get down to
the last few plants which are usually the smallest of the lot. Many of these
plants were not lined out last year and have run on the small side another
reason for their great price. If the plants are very small for that variety
we usually give what we have to the customer at no charge. We probably
should have done this with your order. As always we try to dig the largest
fans available for each customer's order.

Regardless we would like to refund your money on the five plants you
mentioned and you keep the plants. In addition if you have a problem with
any other of the plants of this shipment please let us know". They have been quick with their response and very willing to make adjustments. After reading their e-mail and their proposed plan of action, I am satisfied that they really do care about the customer. Assuming they follow through with my refund for undersized merchandise, I will order from them again next year. They do have some of the best prices and a good selection.
Positive tajataja
Hull,Ga, GA (Zone 8a)
July 25, 2005
I have gone to their farm two times in High Springs. They are so wonderful to deal with. Not only are their prices great, but they serve you drinks and snacks while you are there. And the plants are 2 and 3 fans ! Its a wonderful place to see, --the Farm is just beautiful with all kinds of plants and flowers. If you are in the area, you should call they and arrange a visit! Well worth it!
Positive susxmedic
Harbeson, DE (Zone 7b)
September 2, 2004
Plants arrived as large single fans (2004 intros). Within a month they split into 4-5 more plants. By the end of this season some had 10 fans!!! Prices are outstanding for new introductions. Highly recommended!!
Positive FLGator
Valdosta, GA
November 8, 2002
I have bought many plants from this company including several of their introductions. Plants are healthy and have done very well for me. Ottis and Eddie are extremely nice people and they have replaced any lost plants.
Positive somanyhems
West River, MD
April 25, 2002
This it the third year that I have ordered from Countryside, and each time has been a very positive experience. Plants are robust and generous, always arriving healthy and well labeled. The price is right and their bonus is extraodinarily GENEROUS! The staff is courterous and very helpful. I will definately order from Countryside again.