The scoop on 'Suburban Daylilies'

Suburban Daylilies

60 Serene Meadows Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39402-8773 (United States)

Comments:

Positive hattie
Pelham, AL
October 27, 2002
I have had two very good experiences with Suburban. I have visited their garden, which is unbelievably well kept (and it's huge!) and beautiful. They are good at not splitting clumps to the degree that most nurseries do-so there tends to be more fans that the traditional DF we're accustomed to. Very nice people, who just want to enjoy their own garden and want to help others improve their gardens through beautiful and healthy daylilies! Very good recommendation! I will go back again and again.
Positive georgeforeman
February 16, 2002
This may very well be one of the best daylily gardens in the Southeast, run by active hybridizers and leaders in the AHS.

They offer large, beautiful plants. I was given a $100 gift certificate. When they filled out my order, not only were the plants I chose valued far above $100, they gave me numerous bonuses, one of which was $100! I left there with nearly $500 worth of daylilies.
On March 26th, 2003, georgeforeman added the following:

I went back to Earl Watts's garden recently with another gift certificate. Yet again I received wonderful, green, vigorous plants. His selection of plants early in the season is really quite incredible. He has virtually all the latest introductions of every major hybridizer. Even if you don't plan to purchase plants, it's a great place to see the latest hems. His own introductions are also as good any major hybridizer, but not marketed as well.

One thing I learned after writing the first post is that Suburban Daylilies has a fall sale on selected plants (most of which are less than five years old). My local daylily club has an auction every fall where bidding starts far below regular retail price. However I noticed Earl Watts's sale prices were still lower than the final auction prices (which weren't high either).