The scoop on 'Willow Bend Farm'

Willow Bend Farm

2331 J Road
Grand Junction, Colorado 81505 (United States)

Comments:

Positive crowrita1
Lyndon, IL (Zone 5a)
July 22, 2013
This was the first time ordering from Willow Bend, and WON'T be my last! Very nice plants, clean and healthy . They also included a nice bonus plant ! I especially liked the nice ,long root system on the rhizomes! It gives the plant a much better anchor ,until it can become established. I highly recommend these folks! Thank You !
Positive MaryTeresa
Grand Junction, CO
August 13, 2012
Really wonderful plants, healthy and robust roots and rhizomes. These are leaps and bounds superior to what you could find in a retail store. With my order I picked up a grab bag, which by chance contained labeled plants (they usually are not labeled). I looked up each one, and they are all gorgeous, hardy selections in a rainbow of colors. At 10 plants for $20, the grab bags are a steal! I'm going to order earlier next year as one variety I wanted had already sold out by the middle of May.
Positive themikesmom
Concord, NC
July 27, 2012
Good Lord!, These were the Healthiest Historic Iris Bulbs we have ever recieved, my son placed a really large order with Victoria back in the winter for us of quit a few historic Varieties as she Carries some of the most beautiful, rare, and unique varieties of historic Iris available that no one else carries or still has available; including Missouri, Grand Canyon, and Rosey Wings and some hard to find arilbreds like Oyez and Nineveh just to name a few, great communication, extremely reasonable prices,nice bonuses and I must repeat the HEALTHIEST HISTORICS you can get! Thanks, Victoria!
Positive AmyRoberts25
Dickinson, ND
May 4, 2012
I spoke to Victoria today about some iris I bought from her last year that did not grow. We had an odd winter here in ND and I wanted feed back to see if I did something wrong and see if I should try again. Not only did she give me a few growing tips, she is sending me ALL new flowers. She was so nice she made me feel like ... like I was on her team just loving the flowers and wanting them to grow. So thankful I will hopefully get to see my beauty's next year!!

-I called and left a message and she called right back.
-She was super nice and did not make me feel stupid.
-She is replacing the plants that did not grow.

100% Positive!!!
Positive Reets612
Paradise, CA (Zone 7b)
April 21, 2012
I have ordered Iris rhizomes from them the past two years and have been very happy with their company, customer service, quality of rhizomes, selection and pricing. The orders come in about the middle of July where I live. Last year my Irises bloomed from my first order. Absolutely gorgeous! The new irises and the ones from the previous year are healthy looking plants. I expect to see them start blooming here within the next month. Looking forward to another awesome show! I highly recommend this company!
Positive Pewjumper
Glenwood Springs, CO (Zone 5b)
July 30, 2011
Victoria was always cheerful when I spoke to her on the phone. Her husband Daryl called me to tell me that one of my selections didn't make it through the Winter and asked me for a substitution. I chose Pheasant Feathers which was sold out when I placed my order, so I can only assume that they used one of their breeder stock which was huge!

All the plants that I received where fresh, fat & healthy. Some where bigger than others, but were talking about 38 different tall bearded iris and I wouldn't expect all the rhizomes to be palm size with all that variety.

If any of these fail it will truly be all my fault as the rhizomes sat in a cool place inside for a week due to my hectic work schedule.

I highly recommend Willow Bend as their customer service & willingness to please was extraordinary. In addition to that I would recommend them especially if you live in western Colorado & eastern Utah as Willow Bend's Irises will be better adapted to our particular growing conditions.

Thanks again Daryl & Victoria!

Positive hillary3botany
Santa Fe, NM
March 16, 2009
Wonderful company- hard-to-find varieties of Arilbred and Bearded Iris. I've ordered two years in a row. This winter I lost one variety that I planted last summer and when I emailed them I got a very prompt response that began "thank you so much for letting us know about your iris" and " we are sorry and we will replace them as soon as we can send them". How refreshing! I will confidently be ordering from them again and again.
Positive HKPR
Saguache, CO
January 2, 2009
I ordered a number of arilbred iris from this nursery. Even though they sat WAY too long before planting (my fault), all but one of the rhizomes were up and growing before the cold set in.
Positive Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ (Zone 9a)
March 30, 2006
I have had several great ordering experiences with them. Nice, good sized irises and extras. I'd order from them again.
Positive flowerfrenzy
Vancouver, WA (Zone 7a)
May 19, 2005
This is a good company to order from. In my experience, the rhizomes have been large, fresh and true to name. They usually take off right away and bloom the following Spring. I also like their variety. They carry a lot of hard to find irises.
Positive Fran99
Spartanburg, SC
April 29, 2005
Was pleased with the arilbreds I ordered. Most bloomed this year and I have made a second order.
Positive patnjbob
Blossom, TX
September 1, 2004
Ordered from Willowbend last year. They sent nice rhizomes but upon bloom, I discovered that some were incorrect. I notified the company and they replaced the two incorrect iris this year. Nice surprise too. Recommend this company for honestly.
Positive cweed
February 10, 2004
I have ordered online from Willow Bend for the last two years. Both times the irises were extremely healthy when they arrived, with roots plump and fresh. All my irises have thrived, except for one which was my own fault as it was poorly sited in my garden. I have always received great customer service. Thay have contacted me about substitutions and shipping dates, and have earned a devoted customer. It was a delight doing business with them.