The scoop on 'Sterrett Gardens'

Sterrett Gardens

Craddockville, Virginia 23341-0085 (United States)

Comments:

Positive themikesmom
Concord, NC
June 29, 2013
Posted on May 2, 2013, updated June 29, 2013
Posted on October 29, 2012, updated May 2, 2013
Nice People, they use Delivery Confirmation, ship via Priority USPS mail, and include a postage paid, post card, for you to send back to them, and comment on, about the quality of your plants. This Delivery Confirmation method was quite useful as my plants ended up sitting in Charlotte,NC at the mail sorting facility for several days, and as soon as we called them, they were able to instantly track exactly where they were. The Bat Signal fan was fairly small but they sent a lovely extra and we were just glad they were willing to ship any plants this late in the Fall. Mrs. Sterrett, is very pleasant person to speak with, and is very knowledgeable about the biochemistry of plants, fungicides, and treatments of dayliliy diseases and plant culture, Her husband also shares the same love of OZ cultivar daylilies as my son.
On May 2nd, 2013, themikesmom added the following:

Another Nice Order for 2013, We Recieved Wonderful, Nice Size 'Return to Oz' and 'Banana Pepper Spider' plants; and they give us the Extra we wanted too! A Five Star Highly Recommended Vendor with Superior Healthy Plants and Many Many Rare Varieties!
On June 29th, 2013, themikesmom added the following:

Another Nice Experience with Sterrett Gardens, We needed Mrs. Sterrett's Expertise and help about an agricultural chemistry/ fertilizer and pesticide question we had been having and chose to ask her simply upon her reputation as one of the most experienced daylily professionals around. she devoted well over 25 minutes of her personal time on the phone with us to even look things up online and give us the exact links where I could find further information to further reasearch, after she had already found the problem I was having from just a simple description I gave her, that no one else could resolve or had the knowledge to recognize. Her knowledge saved me lots of money on fertilizers I didnt need and enabled me to start rescuing much of my garden.
Positive ibewgirl
Wilmington, DE
April 18, 2012
My first experience with Sterrett Gardens is wonderful. Healthy root systems on fans and wonderful communication. Growing instructions and feedback postcard is included as well as a fabulous bonus plant . Thanks much!
Positive aegir
Bethesda, MD
May 5, 2009
I've purchased about 2 dozen varieties of daylillies from the Sterretts on 3 different occasions over the past 4 years, they are real professionals and truely enjoy the species and have an encylopediac knowledge of reblooming characteristics, fragrance etc. Mr Sterrett is not above bashing cultivars he feels have shortcomings when you walk around his field with him looking for a new plant so I appreciate his candor. I lost my first set of Sterrett fans 'fragrant light' this winter, they are a dormant species but I think I did not cut them down enough after I planted the fans last july and they took a hit in the august heat. All our other daylilies have performed excellently and they gave our girls each a free plant last summer when we visited and they always throw in bonus fans when you order plants which I think is classy. I have both had plants delivered in the fall and bought plants in bloom directly from the farm in july and been very happy both ways, I would highly recommend Sterrett Gardens. If you can visit the farm in person I would recommend that as well, they are a super nice family and the place is beautiful in full bloom in July.
Positive nascarfan8
Queensbury, NY
July 6, 2008
Very nice people to do business with. My order had nice size fans and the bonuses were excellent. E-mails were fast and courteous. Very pleased all around.
Positive frmdeath2life
Friedensburg, PA
September 14, 2007
Start to finish, this company gets a thumbs up. Friendly Email's with availability were answered within a day. Twice. Paypal payment received on Friday and my order was shipped on Monday. The fans were healthy, clean and generous. I even received 2 bonus lilies! Thanks very much Rich and Rikki for your committment to customer service and quality product. See you next year!
Positive figfarmer
Virginia Beach, VA
April 9, 2007
Sterretts are horticultural professionals and their daylily gardens reflect their love of plants. We have had great fun hiking over to the Eastern Shore to pick out daylilies during their open house weekends - something any daylily gardener should try to attend. Fun, informative and wonderful plants! Trustworthy mailorder as well.
Positive rhoffmann
Putnam Valley, NY
June 28, 2005
I had an opportunity to visit Sterrett Gardens when I was in the area at the end of June 2005 (DelMarVa peninsula, Virginia). The gardens were charming, as were the people helping novices (like me . . . ) and experts alike wanting to buy daylilies. Since I was going to be planting my purchases in Westchester County, New York, I was directed to those plants that would do best in my zone. My selections were carefully dug up, and I was delighted to find that every purchase entitles the buyer to a free gift of lilies, carefully chosen based on the daylilies I had bought.

The lilies seem to have adapted beautifully so far. I am delighted with the service and quality of Sterrett Gardens.
Positive ptl
April 29, 2005
From Nashville. I had never ordered from this firm before, but I just received $800 worth of daylilies from them. The plants were freshly dug, huge, had excellent roots, and were spotlessly clean. I could not have been more pleased with them. The firm shipped my order on the exact date they gave me, and Mrs. Sterrett even called me at home the day before shipping to let me know I had accidentally ordered two of the same cultivars. I would highly recommend this firm to anyone considering the purchase of daylilies.