The scoop on 'Hana Farms LLC (formerly Red's Hardy Orchids)'

Hana Farms LLC (formerly Red's Hardy Orchids)

1600 S.W. Boreland Road
West Linn, Oregon 97068 (United States)

Comments:

Positive Slipperman
Portland, OR
June 5, 2008
I made a few orders to Sean at Hana farms until I realized how close they are. Everything I have bought from Hana Farms has been of the highest quality, things that cannot be found easily elsewhere. I have three lovely Cypripediums, several Pleiones, a variety of Arisaemas, lovely Bletillas and many other treasures. The Goodyiera Pubescens I purchased in one of my first orders has exploded from a single plant into about eight. Considering the growth rate of most hardy orchids that is amazing. I doubt I could recall all the hardy orchids they offer. One of the best aspects of the collection is the wide variety of Pleione hybrids. I don't believe one could find these specific hybrids anywhere else. Flowers of the most vibrant magenta chlorophyl could conspire open to reveal pleated ruffles running down the throat to the lip. These textured ridges are stained a vibrant cream color with red speckling. Streaks of yellow further highlight the flared lip which dissolves into thread like cilia off the edges of the lip. Probably the prettier than any old Phalionopsis or Cymbidium fro the average orchid greenhouse. Hana Farms also provides a wide variety of other attractions which I look forward to ordering in the future. I would recommend this nursery to my Grandmother, that's how much faith I have in this great nursery. Anyone in the Portland area should visit Hana Farms.
Positive anin
August 6, 2002
I ordered 4 different types of terrestrial orchids, and they all arrived quickly and as of today they have all bloomed, in their first 6 months. In fact, 3 of them bloomed within 1 month of receiving them. I cant wait to order more!One caveat...they arent cheap.